View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Re: Digitising your music collection
ok so i got my 160gb ipod last week, late birthday/early xmas present and i have a few questions which hopefully peeps here may be able to help with.

when you download a cd mainly by one artist but has some collaborations, itunes doesn't create one album, but creates individual ones for the collaboration. for example the basement jaxx singles album shows up as 6 seperate albums on itunes, one main one, and 5 others for the collaborations. is their a way to get round this, so i have one album with all the songs in correct running order?

a number of my older cds son't have artwork, not a huge issue, but can you cut and paste images from the internet for this?

i downloaded about 100 albums from an external hard drive onto itunes, and in the main it seemed to work ok. however when i tried to play these or sync with my ipod it said 'computer says no' or 'the song could not be used as the original file could not be found. would you like to locate? do i simply get round this by having my hard drive plugged in when i sync with itunes? also what about when i want to play these albums on my computer on itunes, as it doesn't suffer this issue when you want to play a cd you've uploaded? i'm a little confused here so any advice/helps/tips would be greatly appreciated

also when downloading these albums from the external harddrive some were mixes, and instead of it loading one mix, it loaded all the individual tracks. i know when its cd you can join tracks, but is there a way to manually do this?

some of these downloaded songs/mixes have just gone into a catch all file of unknown artist/unknown album. i can't change them as its the locate issue i mentioned two paragraphs. but when i've got them properly downloaded is it just a case of clicking the get info tab and adding their name/artist and they automatically get moved into the main list?

finally i have a number of bands who i multiple ep/single releases by and i don't want all these listed as individual albums. can i just create a b-sides/misc album and put them all in this?

thanks
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.