Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Loud Lemon..... (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9732)

Buji 01-21-2009 03:30 AM

Loud Lemon.....

Must say the 'Loud Lemon Studio' is looking very clean on the diary pic today! Has Karl and Rick had the hoover out!

That picture got me thinking (not about cleaning!!) that it must be a great measure of success to have your very own studio/rehearsal space.

Most people would say that if they were a succesful musician with a good income they would buy a big house, car etc but I bet for a lot of musicians out there getting your very own studio would be a high priority.

It would for me!!

:)

www.myspace.com/easydelicmusic

boywithjavelin 01-21-2009 03:42 AM

Re: Loud Lemon.....

You're assuming that Rick and Karl don't own houses or cars as well?;)

Buji 01-21-2009 03:50 AM

Im sure they have them too!!

philth 01-21-2009 11:11 AM

I wonder if that little mat with the squares pre or post dates the Everything, Everything cover?

Philth

holden 01-21-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philth (Post 108000)
I wonder if that little mat with the squares pre or post dates the Everything, Everything cover?

Philth

Hmm! They do get inspired by all sorts of things around them, based on their artwork and photography, so why not a mat?
:)
Though, if i recall correct, the Everything,Everything cover is a pixelated bit of concert paraphernalia - either a poster advertising a gig or perhaps video footage from a show.
If you have the DVD, the main menu also has the squares, though in changing colors, as if something moving (like a light show or the video screen at the gigs) is filmed and hyper-pixelated.

TheBang 01-21-2009 01:26 PM

How many incarnations of Lemonworld have there been?

The current one is a converted pig shed somewhere in Essex, and they've been there since about 2005, right? Before that, it was the front room of a house in Romford, if I recall correctly?

crazysugarboy 01-21-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buji (Post 107991)
Must say the 'Loud Lemon Studio' is looking very clean on the diary pic today! Has Karl and Rick had the hoover out!

www.myspace.com/easydelicmusic

I agree, the carpet does look clean - bearing in mind, the last time we saw it, their spotty dog Barney was running around in the Beautiful Burnout remix vid. The room always strikes me as odd owing to the very low ceiling :confused:. (I grew up in an 18th century thatched farmhouse with similarly low ceilings btw.)

Buji 01-21-2009 03:48 PM

I think the low roof could be deliberate to help with acoustics to keep the sound direct for good recording/playback, but I could be wrong!!

I think thats why they are in the middle of the room too, as when you are near the walls the sound bounces back and can give you a misleading sound when mixing.

It's great that we get an insight of where the music is born!

:p

TheBang 01-21-2009 04:31 PM

The low roof could also be because pigs aren't very tall.

jose m 01-22-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 108018)
The low roof could also be because pigs aren't very tall.

:):):):):)