Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How to split Riverrun 3 (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3736)

stimpee 06-08-2006 05:08 PM

How to split Riverrun 3

Ok boys and girls, here is how to split the recent Riverrun 3. If you follow these detailed instructions to the letter you'll have the mp3's in no time at all:
  1. Get the official Riverrun from Underworldlive.com
  2. Install CueSplitter 0.6beta8 or better from somewhere. Here's a link to the download. Its freeware.
  3. Get the CUE file. This was made by me after repeated listening with help from Jan, The Bang and Banstylin'.
  4. Open CueSplitter and open the cue file. This will automatically open the mp3 if its in the same folder. Make sure the cue and mp3 are in the same folder!
  5. Into the Comment: field copy this important message: the copyright in this sound recording is owned by smith hyde productions. all songs written, recorded and perfomed by karl hyde and rick smith. published by sherlock holmes music ltd/chrysalis music
  6. Into the Year: field, simply type 2006.
  7. For the File Mask click the +(Add) and type in a mask name of anything you like, and a mask of %n %a - %t. This will leave a track with, for example 01 Underworld - Born Slippy. Click Accept and make sure that this mask is selected in the main window.
  8. Press F6 to bring up the Config window and in the CUE file mask and m3u file mask boxes, just type %T (capital T), then click Accept.
  9. From the Genre: list, select Electronic (easiest way is to click on the list and press E, then select it)
(If you want to really know how to use CueSplitter, then there is an up-to-date tutorial on all the features.)

You are now ready to split the mp3. Click the Split! button and in a few seconds it will be done. This will create 5 mp3's that are tagged with Name, Title, Track Number, Genre and Comment, and are named in a numbered format with Artist and Title. It will also create a labelled WinAmp .m3u playlist and a new .cue file also.

Macintosh users: There is a freeware tool also called cue-splitter for MacOS X that will take the above mp3 and cue files, allow you to similarly split and tag the mp3 with Name, Title, Track Number and Genre, and name the files in a numbered format with Artist and Title.

Notes: Some Mac users are finding that cue-splitter v2.6 and v2.5.2 crash when you click "split". The solution is to use v2.2.2 but there is a check inside it which means it will only run on MacOS 10.3. If youre using MacOS 10.3 this isnt a problem, but if you're using 10.4 the solution is below. I know this easy fix works because I made it myself!

1. get the cue-splitter v2.2.2
2. get HexEditor 2.0 from macupdate.com or versiontracker.com
3. load in the cue-splitter to HexEditor.
4. find Resources/MacOS and go to offset 00009E10
5. look for 10.3, change to 10.4.
6. save and run :)

sockman 06-08-2006 08:20 PM

Re: How to split Riverrun 3

Thanks, worked great!

You wouldn't happen to have the CUE's for RR1 & RR2 by any chance?

TheBang 06-08-2006 08:31 PM

Couple corrections on your CUE sheet, Steve. The first lines should be:

Code:

TITLE "I'm a Big Sister, and I'm a Girl, and I'm a Princess, and this is my Horse"
PERFORMER "Underworld"
FILE "05 I'm a Big Sister, and I'm a Girl, and I'm a Princess, and this is my Horse.mp3" MP3

I haven't tried out your steps with CueSplitter, and maybe they work for that. But to be a more generically compatible cue sheet, it should be like this. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet for Cue sheet syntax.

stimpee 06-09-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang
I haven't tried out your steps with CueSplitter, and maybe they work for that.

Yeah, it works with CueSplitter. The general Performer tag at the top isnt needed because its there on every track and the MP3 or WAVE is similarly not compulsory as long as the filename is correct. CueSplitter fills all the relevant fields just fine but thanks for your concern ;) Nevertheless I've taken your tips and tweaked the CUE file. It still works with CueSplitter but its probably working with other inferior;) tools now too :D

spacefish 06-09-2006 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee
its probably working with other inferior;) tools now too :D

When Lovely Broken Thing came out, you suggested mp3DirectCut so that's what I use now and I like it. :)

stimpee 06-09-2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacefish
When Lovely Broken Thing came out, you suggested mp3DirectCut so that's what I use now and I like it. :)

Yes, i like mp3directcut but it doesnt handle variable bitrate mp3s and only writes ID3v1.1 tags. Its a good tool though, but CueSplitter is better. I've found that mp3surgeon2004pro is also good and preserves the existing ID3v2 tags but it doesnt read the cue file properly and tags the titles of the tunes wrong (although it does write the filenames correctly). I've contacted the creator of CueSplitter to see if he can implement a system to read the existing tag info from the mp3 to be split and put it into the split files (such as encoded by/comment/composer etc). For now, CueSplitter seems to be the best tool.

spacefish 06-10-2006 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee
Yes, i like mp3directcut but it doesnt handle variable bitrate mp3s and only writes ID3v1.1 tags. For now, CueSplitter seems to be the best tool.

Right. It was a little annoying having to transfer tags after making the split. I've given Cue Splitter a test run and it does seem to be a better tool. Thanks, Steve. :)

sloff 06-11-2006 10:03 AM

I decided to split up the other two this morning with Cue Splitter. I thought it would as easy as pasting the info posted as text in the program. Cue splitter doesn't seem to allow this, only using a pre-made cue file.
So how do I create cue sheets on my Mac? I tried making a TextEdit file and renaming it .cue, no luck. Google yeiled no answers either.
I also searched around the threads to see if anyone had posted a link to the cue files. I couldn't find them.
Soooo.... if anyone could either post (or point out where they are) the cue files for the first 2 RRs or tell me how to make my own I'd love that.

stimpee 06-11-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloff
So how do I create cue sheets on my Mac? I tried making a TextEdit file and renaming it .cue, no luck.

if you are a mac user you REALLY should have seen my efforts to split the radio show. if you didnt, then i suggest you search.

sloff 06-12-2006 07:39 AM

I did read that, maybe I'm hard headed but I didn't see a way to make the actual .cue file on the mac. I did revisit gritsch-soft.com and noticed that a shareware cue maker was there so I'll try this when I get home.

Thank you for answering the post stimpee, I'm sorry if I asked a question you've already answered.