Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   headset. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   coachella line-up leaked (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17317)

ThingInABook 12-22-2010 07:58 AM

coachella line-up leaked

http://twitpic.com/3if46f

underworld will be playing on april 17th

Dirty0900 12-22-2010 10:03 AM

Re: coachella line-up leaked

Seems a bit of a random line up, I can see why with Daft Punk being with the Tron stuff, but Orbital? And what have The Postal Service got coming up?

Professor 12-22-2010 11:40 AM

that is a little too epic to be true just yet....U2? PSB? Underworld as a 'little guy' ... why don't new order play with depeche mode and the PSB with the stone roses and primal scream supporting....

That said... if this is a real line up.... I might actually consider the desert.

Champiness 12-22-2010 12:11 PM

Is this real? I need confirmation, dammit!

froopy seal 12-22-2010 01:19 PM

Gnarls Barkley and The Postal Service before Faithless? Arcade Fire and Feist before Jamiroquai? Modest Mouse before Underworld (and Kylie Minogue)?

Why do they already have a flyer/poster when no portions of line-up have been seen yet?

And who the frack are Mazzy Star, The Cars, Cut Copy, One Day as a Lion, Bon Iver, Roxy Music, Big Boi, Janelle Monae? Is this a US thing or am I just massively out of touch with contemporary music (not unlikely)?

BrotherLovesDub 12-22-2010 05:23 PM

bullshit.

(can't believe nobody called it before me)

also, Orbital, Underworld and Leftield at the same fest.

SappysCurry 12-22-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froopy seal (Post 148421)
Gnarls Barkley and The Postal Service before Faithless? Arcade Fire and Feist before Jamiroquai? Modest Mouse before Underworld (and Kylie Minogue)?

Why do they already have a flyer/poster when no portions of line-up have been seen yet?

And who the frack are Mazzy Star, The Cars, Cut Copy, One Day as a Lion, Bon Iver, Roxy Music, Big Boi, Janelle Monae? Is this a US thing or am I just massively out of touch with contemporary music (not unlikely)?

You've never heard of The Cars or Roxy Music? You're kidding, right?

Big Boi is one half of Outkast, One Day as a Lion is Zack de la Rocha's (of Rage Against the Machine) side project.

Mazzy Star was big in the 90's. Hope Sandoval was their lead singer. Ethereal, emo kind of music.

I don't know who Bon Iver or Cut Copy are. I've heard of Cut Chemist.

And by the way, this lineup is utter daydream wanking nonsense. Total fakery. They'll start revealing names in January I believe.

bryantm3 12-22-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froopy seal (Post 148421)

do you seriously not know who the cars are???

froopy seal 12-23-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SappysCurry (Post 148430)
You've never heard of The Cars or Roxy Music? You're kidding, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryantm3 (Post 148433)
do you seriously not know who the cars are???

I guess you two aren't talkin' 'bout the cars dealer's products? ;)

Just looked them up. Can't say I've heard any of the names (except "associated act" Creedence Clearwater Revival) before. No song comes to mind and no album cover rings a bell. But then, I hadn't been born/didn't actively listen to music when they had their big success. Also, I've never really been into Rock music, except Krautrock and a little Prog perhaps.

EDIT: Similar sentiments regarding Roxy Music, although they seem a bit more familiar somehow.

unwound floors 12-23-2010 03:15 AM

Nobody else knows who Cut Copy are!? Really lovely electro-pop group from Melbourne, Australia (represent!). DIRTY, I AM DISAPPOINT.

But seriously, if that lineup is real... drool. SO GOOD.