Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drift Ep. 3, Part 3 - This Must Be Drum Street (Film Edit) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18565)

crank 04-11-2019 10:45 AM

Drift Ep. 3, Part 3 - This Must Be Drum Street (Film Edit)

“Do you wanna buy my car?”

An electragliding city groove built on a sun-bleached low-rise bassline; the sound of a teeming high altitude metropolis heard from an open car window...

“La Dusseldorf’s unwritten love letter to Essex, podium dancers, solorised cities, markers by the side of the road as the migrant sons & daughters of Wales come home” - (Karl)

“Clouds…..Light…..Stone…..Trees”

If you like… Mo Move, Soniamode, Dark & Long (Dark Train), Cool Kids of Death (Underworld Mix), Air Towel, Cups (Salt City Orchestra Vertical Bacon Vocal Mix), Beautiful Burnout…then This Must Be Drum Street belongs to you.

Wow. hello Kraftwerk

negative1 04-11-2019 10:47 AM

Re: Drift Ep. 3, Part 3: This Must Be Drum Street (Film Edit)

I was just writing this post, when i saw yours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzxbQKCZArE

its a midtempo track.. not too bad, could use a little more variety.

keep them coming..

later

34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j 04-11-2019 10:57 AM

surely just going on autotrader.com would be an easier way of doing this???

DwarfeD 04-11-2019 12:21 PM

Quite a nice track. Don't mind the repetition at all.
Is that Rick's voice I'm hearing a few times?

taotsu 04-11-2019 06:28 PM

Sounds like Rick to me :)

I’m totally fascinated by this track. I do hate the 80s coz I lived through them, particularly the more poppy synth pop (notwithstanding that I went to see erasure twice in the 90s). But this track is like the missing link between synth pop and late 80s early 90s Eurotechno / Dance.

Perfectly first the seeming theme of this episode: 60s (Dune), 70s (Custard Speedtalk) and now the 80s. I know this is a total reach, but IDK. Let’s see what’s gonna come next week.

holden 04-12-2019 03:38 PM

Sort of surprised there's not much discussion about this track yet. (Hope we're not getting jaded or spoiled by the weekly new Drift releases already!)

i quite like this, it's simple but catchy. Love hearing Rick's voice reciting random(?) words when we'd expect Karl. Speaking of, Karl's two lines are so dreamily produced, they become like a calming mantra...especially if one puts the track on repeat as i did yesterday and today for commutes!

taotsu 04-12-2019 10:53 PM

Damn I really wanna know how the track continues. Argh.

atticinsane 04-13-2019 02:53 AM

Really into this track. Excellent groove to it. Like some of the other film edits,it hints at a longer run out that sounds intriguing, Hope we get the full version in a later release.

I also really dig the video for this one. The monochrome, the fizzing, vibrating words. Love it. Custard SpeedTalk's video with the split screen train journeys was also fantastic.

Drift has been brilliant so far. Loving Thursdays now. Underworld day.

Drew 04-14-2019 11:52 AM

Ohhhhh baby this track is just sooooooooo good. I made a 45-minute spliced-together version using Audacity, rechristened it as "Do You Wanna Buy My Car"? and just let it work its cinematic magic. Wow!!!!!

dubman 04-17-2019 04:57 PM

Pt.3 has been largely defined by could've-beens and singular fatal flaws inside of tracks i'd otherwise like. I still get excited for thursdays but this stretch keeps pulling the rug from under me. ah well.