Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   moments. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Underworld Recordings (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18359)

Billy Goat 06-01-2018 03:05 AM

Re: Underworld Recordings

Here's the link to my Google drive folder https://drive.google.com/folderview?...5By1vMSTi4BaAX
If you get the Switzerland show please will you share it with me!
Enjoy

proedros 06-01-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise (Post 163837)
Here is Glasto 98:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=119...JHHkt-t8zkQtjy

I also have Organic, Quart, and Sound City 94 on CDs burned from FLAC in my car, need incentive to rip those back to FLAC for you though. Someone can probably beat me to the punch with the originals anyway.

thank you , i downloaded it and seeding to another RTSR member already :D

i downloaded quart and organic from another member and also seeding organic (quart files don't match exactly so can not seed it)

hopefully someone will upload the 94 sound city and i can seed to other people in the tracker (i already have a 1.1 ratio but being a member at what/apollo/redacted/dime i always seed as much as i can) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Goat (Post 163845)
Here's the link to my Google drive folder https://drive.google.com/folderview?...5By1vMSTi4BaAX
Enjoy

thank you so much :D , i downloaded these 3 1996 shows (organic/quart/soundcity) and seeding alredy the organic/soundcity shows to RTSR members (there were other people like me waiting to get them so least i can do) :cool:

now i just need these 2 shows and i am good (and will seed them ofc, it goes without saying)

1994-04-08 Sound City 94, The Tramway - Glasgow, Scotland (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=110

1996-08-24 Alpes Festival - Leysin, Switzerland (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=114

cheers

proedros 06-01-2018 09:39 AM

ps : i am also seeding this one , no seeders so hopefully i help out some fellow UW members

1996-08-25 Reading Festival - Reading, England (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=11

atm , i am seeding 4 different shows to people on the tracker

again thanx to those few who found the time and energy to help - much appreciated you guys as i am sure you too have lives outside this place

cheers

proedros 06-02-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Goat (Post 163845)
Enjoy

hey thanx for these shows , i need one more show if possible :D

(i am already seeding all shows i got from you via GD)

can you GDrive this one ?

1994-04-08 Sound City 94, The Tramway - Glasgow, Scotland (FLAC)
https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=110

Billy Goat 06-02-2018 05:07 PM

Done as requested! It's in the same folder as the link above.
Always happy to share this gig as it was the first time I ever heard Underworld and it is still my favourite gig of theirs!

proedros 06-03-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Goat (Post 163865)
Done as requested! It's in the same folder as the link above.
Always happy to share this gig as it was the first time I ever heard Underworld and it is still my favourite gig of theirs!

thank you once again :D , i am already on it while seeding the other shows (ratio has reached 1.95 and climbing :cool: )

Best ,

Proedros

stimpee 06-05-2018 03:43 AM

Are you sending messages via this board or sending messages via the tracker? the latter isnt that great. The former works if they have chosen the same name there as here, which we do ask you to do upon registration. As for stuff not being seeded anymore the answer is that it WAS, when TheBang had a seedbox set up. Its quite some work to seed everything and real life often gets in the way. Yes we are niche. We also had fake accounts trying to get access to the tracker and implemented some security checks.

The original FTP btw, was run by John Morrissey for many years and used the old RTSR Yahoo group login details as authentication. There are still some things that havent been put on the tracker from this.

As for Mega, its better than using SendSpace (please dont use these places that have expiring links or make you wait to download or restrict when and what you can download). The Orb facebook group successfully uses a couple of Mega shares but it relies on the honesty of the users not to destroy the whole thing and a few key users to manage it. It is a closed facebook group but has thousands of members and its very active.

proedros 06-06-2018 11:22 AM

i had a member with a 0.03 ratio who tried to convince me that he has helped in other ways

find it hard to believe that when you have donwloaded 70 GBs and can not find the time to seed back a bit

anyway , i am now at 2.5 ratio , will probably seed until i reach a 5.00 ratio but we need people who download to stay and seed

or maybe they are also 'giving back' by seeding close to 0.01

mark3 06-06-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proedros (Post 163879)
i had a member with a 0.03 ratio who tried to convince me that he has helped in other ways

That's me - yes, 0.03 is really bad, but there are reasons like some of the other members have mentioned already. I have a crap connection. It's supposed to be 20/1 Mbit, but in fact it is less than that - it's more like 14/0.6 Mbit. Some of the gigs I've downloaded twice, since I had some gigs on a pc that died.
Also, to get a higher ratio there must be someone demanding those particular gigs at the time you're online. I always turn off my pc when I go to sleep. And I keep most of the gigs (and all other Underworld material) on an external HD. I guess I just don't fit into the 'tracker segment' :D
I never really found out how to set up a tracker. TheBang, jetpig and others on these boards have helped me setting up the tracker. I did supply the John Peel promo cd and also an old Hamburg gig, which TheBang and jetpig put on the tracker. That's what I mean with 'helping in other ways' - sharing rare stuff, etc. But in your world, ratio is all that matters. And that's cool, I really appreciate that people are making the shows available / downloadable through the tracker.
Quote:

find it hard to believe that when you have donwloaded 70 GBs and can not find the time to seed back a bit
The right time to seed back is when there is demand / requests - but I rarely check the tracker, sorry.
Quote:

anyway , i am now at 2.5 ratio , will probably seed until i reach a 5.00 ratio but we need people who download to stay and seed
Yeah, keep us updated on your ratio ... nice, smug attitude
Quote:

or maybe they are also 'giving back' by seeding close to 0.01
Or through other channels or in other ways. Who knows? You don't, obviously

iamneorev 06-06-2018 01:42 PM

I'm one of those folks who prefer upload hosts over torrenting. Just easier.

jetpig 06-06-2018 04:46 PM

Attitude aside, a valid point on the availability of these bootlegs that we have treasured could be made here. Despite efforts by many we've yet to find a reliable way to keep our cache of shows updated and available to others. I'd like to believe a "World of Underworld Live" is coming, but the realist in me says no.

What are reliable ways with non-expiring links (or some mechanism around that) we can use? Mega and Google drive seem strong possibilities, though Geocities, Altavista, and Photobucket all have a thing to say about that.

iamneorev 06-06-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetpig (Post 163883)
Attitude aside, a valid point on the availability of these bootlegs that we have treasured could be made here. Despite efforts by many we've yet to find a reliable way to keep our cache of shows updated and available to others. I'd like to believe a "World of Underworld Live" is coming, but the realist in me says no.

What are reliable ways with non-expiring links (or some mechanism around that) we can use? Mega and Google drive seem strong possibilities, though Geocities, Altavista, and Photobucket all have a thing to say about that.

Mega gives you 50gbs worth of upload space for free. I don't know what Google Drive gives you. There's also Dropbox, but you don't get a lot of space with free accounts.

jetpig 06-06-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamneorev (Post 163884)
Mega gives you 50gbs worth of upload space for free. I don't know what Google Drive gives you. There's also Dropbox, but you don't get a lot of space with free accounts.

GDrive is 15 and here's the problem, even 50gb isn't even halfway to enough for everything.

stimpee 06-10-2018 02:36 PM

Torrent seedbox. multiple mega accounts.

proedros 06-11-2018 05:50 AM

i am seeding 5 shows atm , i hope the person who gets them stick around to help the ones coming after him

we don't need other 0.03 members with excuses , if you want to seed/help you can help/seed al the other talk is BS excuses

cheers

Badger 06-17-2018 10:53 PM

How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.

jetpig 06-18-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger (Post 163908)
How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.

On the tracker? Nothing, It doesn't host files. In all the torrents on it? Hundreds of gigabytes. I'd put it between 275 and 500, but I'm really grasping at straws there, could be a bit more. I haven't looked at it all in one place since before the Olympics, I think, and that broadcast alone is pretty big.

Two issues:
1) Putting things in one place under one person still gives a single point of failure.
2) I don't know that any one person has all of it anymore, so it will all need to be collected. I'd be surprised if anything was actually lost to the ages though.

The solution that seems to be the best for ensuring these shows are accessible to new downloaders without relying on one or two individuals is going to be wider availability. Opening up RTSR to all isn't a great idea, no one here wants to have to moderate that closely, but I think it could be a good idea to get these shows out onto more public torrent networks like tribal mixes and what not, tagged with RTSR info of course. The biggest problem there is that if new sources of old shows turn up we can't really replace the old ones easily, but other internet randos not getting the latest and greatest isn't something I will lose sleep over, they can come here if they want that.

cloud storage, if large enough, would be a good place to collect files in the mean time for that project, though.

Badger 06-18-2018 11:03 PM

I have a 1TB dropbox so if we want to do this we could. I realize that there would have to be the collection of the shows and then figure out the best way to do it.

jetpig 06-19-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger (Post 163918)
I have a 1TB dropbox so if we want to do this we could. I realize that there would have to be the collection of the shows and then figure out the best way to do it.

I am more than willing to help, too. I will gladly get another seedbox going once we have the collection somewhere. I think a good first step will be to write up an inventory list based off the contents of the torrents on the tracker. I am willing to take point on that, too, but I can't start for a week at least, if anyone else is up to do that.

whatmakesustick 08-28-2019 12:26 PM

I have been sorting through some old recording that I downloaded a while ago (probably from the tracker). The folder name was 'underworld - live - 1996 glastonbury' - however, I don't think underworld played glasto that year. The recording is great, including a slowed down rez. Does anyone have any idea what this is - am guessing it was miss labelled on the tracker and it might rng some bells with someone?

Tracklist (which looks like a 1996 setlist)
rez
cowgirl
juanita
cherry pie
rowla
pearls girl
spoonman
born slippy
born slippy nuxx

TheBang 08-28-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatmakesustick (Post 166481)
I have been sorting through some old recording that I downloaded a while ago (probably from the tracker). The folder name was 'underworld - live - 1996 glastonbury' - however, I don't think underworld played glasto that year. The recording is great, including a slowed down rez. Does anyone have any idea what this is - am guessing it was miss labelled on the tracker and it might rng some bells with someone?

It's Organic. At the end of the set, Karl talks about how they SHOULD have been at Glastonbury that weekend (because Glasto was cancelled that year).

Someone listening to it misunderstood what was being said though, and tagged it as this non-existent Glasto set. I think you got it from the Horde FTP, because it was on there like that for a while. It was never on the tracker.

whatmakesustick 08-29-2019 06:54 AM

Thanks! I knew someone would solve the mystery for me :)

stimpee 08-29-2019 08:06 AM

1996, Glasto wasnt cancelled, but they have 4 and then a rest year so usually if its a 6 or a 1 year theres no glastonbury.

Billy Goat 08-29-2019 01:58 PM

Does anyone have an un-edited version of the Organic 96 gig i.e. with the DJs talking not edited out so there's no missing bits?

joethelion 09-04-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Goat (Post 166503)
Does anyone have an un-edited version of the Organic 96 gig i.e. with the DJs talking not edited out so there's no missing bits?

Unless I've got it mis-labeled, this file should be the full unedited show...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rrrcs4

The sound quality isn't quite as good as the FM broadcast*

(*the version with the songs separated and the Dj's chat moved to track #11 'morons')

Billy Goat 09-04-2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethelion (Post 166526)
Unless I've got it mis-labeled, this file should be the full unedited show...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rrrcs4

The sound quality isn't quite as good as the FM broadcast*

(*the version with the songs separated and the Dj's chat moved to track #11 'morons')

That's brilliant thanks!
I'll give it a listen today!

Billy Goat 09-05-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Goat (Post 166527)
That's brilliant thanks!
I'll give it a listen today!

I've listened to it and I was disappointed that there were still quite a few bits missing! I wonder if anyone has the full radio version before the DJs were edited out?
Thanks again though!

whatmakesustick 09-08-2019 11:33 AM

And another bootleg question (yes I am sorting through all my my old music and correcting metadata!).

I have a 'European Club Gig' with 2 discs. It seems that disc1 is Koln (Move club 1996). But I am not sure about disc 2 - it has 7 tracks. I am guessing someone know what this is?

TheBang 09-08-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatmakesustick (Post 166556)
I have a 'European Club Gig' with 2 discs. It seems that disc1 is Koln (Move club 1996). But I am not sure about disc 2 - it has 7 tracks. I am guessing someone know what this is?

Still the same gig, with intermission break after Rowla, and encore break after Born Slippy. The last 2 Skyscraper tracks are just studio track fillers, not from the concert.

stimpee 09-09-2019 01:40 AM

Please dont use Sendspace :-)

whatmakesustick 09-09-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 166557)
Still the same gig, with intermission break after Rowla, and encore break after Born Slippy. The last 2 Skyscraper tracks are just studio track fillers, not from the concert.

Thanks!!

Trekker31 10-28-2019 11:01 PM

Would anyone have all four tracks of Underworld: Live At Pinkpop 1996. I found a user on soulseek who has this, but he has not been on for a few weeks since trying to download it from him. Can someone be of assistance?

Thank you!

PS
How does the Underworld album sound?

derekg49 11-01-2019 02:51 AM

New member here!

I am desperately looking for the Glasgow Tramway gig in 94 (was one of the very lucky people attending). The google drives aren't working from previous page. Happy to seed any torrent.

Thanks all

purlieu 11-01-2019 05:27 AM

For anyone interested, I'm seeding something like 95% of everything on RTSR at the moment (have been doing for about a month) and am happy to keep doing so for a while yet, computer is usually online about 12 hours a day so now's a good time to grab stuff.

joethelion 11-01-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trekker31 (Post 166986)
Would anyone have all four tracks of Underworld: Live At Pinkpop 1996. I found a user on soulseek who has this, but he has not been on for a few weeks since trying to download it from him. Can someone be of assistance?

Thank you!

Here you go!

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f9r3...2C_Netherlands

Trekker31 11-05-2019 08:57 PM

Thank you! Very well appreciated!))

jetpig 11-09-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purlieu (Post 167070)
For anyone interested, I'm seeding something like 95% of everything on RTSR at the moment (have been doing for about a month) and am happy to keep doing so for a while yet, computer is usually online about 12 hours a day so now's a good time to grab stuff.

Time to grab everything again! Thanks for the heads up!

jetpig 11-12-2019 06:34 PM

There's a bunch of torrents that don't get shown as they are considered dead because they aren't being seeded at all. If anyone has those available still, I would love to get them again.

stimpee 11-13-2019 11:19 AM

I get that there are a lot of unseeded things on the tracker. Does someone want to help out with a seedbox?

This is all better than using mediafire.

jetpig 11-13-2019 04:09 PM

I have a seedbox up and running currently. I'm going through the process of downloading the dead torrents and having the seedbox primed and waiting on a seeder. Just need to get the files back. If even one person will hop on long enough for me to grab them we will be in business