Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   world. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10068)

bryantm3 06-21-2009 12:02 AM

is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?

?

IsiliRunite 06-21-2009 03:35 AM

Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?

I find the pro-life position prioritizes the more fundamental right of life (as opposed to the less fundamental right to end a life) and gay rights support the equally important pursuit of happiness. I guess I'm pro-life and pro-gay rights, then.

I'm not a big fan of government deeming anything to be "marriage" and consequently giving partial treatment to those who are married, but whatever...

stimpee 06-21-2009 06:14 AM

I find the term pro-life to be very deceptive. everyone is pro life. everyone loves life. just depends on how far you want to go. they need a new term.

I think its sad now that when I think of pro-life I think of people who murder doctors. Hardly pro-life is it.

Strangelet 06-21-2009 07:39 AM

Exactly. Define pro-life, Bryant and i'll see if I fit the bill

jOHN rODRIGUEZ 06-21-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangelet (Post 111931)
Exactly. Define pro-life, Bryant and i'll see if I fit the bill

As well as (-098)?

BeautifulBurnout 06-21-2009 10:20 AM

I'm gonna stir it up here by saying that it is very easy for a guy to be pro-life.

IsiliRunite 06-21-2009 02:05 PM

Before I even think of responding to that comment I would like to see you elaborate so I know what points you are trying to touch on.

dubman 06-21-2009 04:48 PM

i think that can be boiled down to the famous production called "THE DUDE AND THE UTERUS." it's been playing out since, oh, forever. it's an intriguing salad of power struggles, violence, and hilarious misunderstandings.

the continuing attempt to control the body through legislation/morality/shame, where the players involved seem far from coincidental, and thus can only be interpreted as socially and conceptually oppressive..

and so on.
basically, its not "the right to take a life", it's much more about the right to manage ones own body.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ 06-21-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubman (Post 111939)
i..., it's much more about the right to manage ones own body.

Good Luck there.

And don't get all panties tied in a knot on me, dubman, it's in general.

Please tell me you're not gay, I REALLY hope you procreate. :p However "stupid boy" you can be sometimes.

Rog 06-22-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee (Post 111927)
I find the term pro-life to be very deceptive. everyone is pro life. everyone loves life. just depends on how far you want to go. they need a new term.

I think its sad now that when I think of pro-life I think of people who murder doctors. Hardly pro-life is it.

my sentiments exactly.

Also its funny how many blokes are 'pro-life'

Instead of 'pro-life' Bryant, wouldn't you be better off describing yourself as Anti-abortion?