Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Red Bull Advert? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7612)

potatobroth 03-25-2008 06:18 AM

Re: Red Bull Advert?

which part of Ring Road was taken from the preset?

holden 03-25-2008 07:25 AM

Gotta say, i'm really surprised to hear that UW used a preset, but then, if they liked the sound, i suppose there's no need to make it harder than need be.

geoff 03-25-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potatobroth (Post 92083)
which part of Ring Road was taken from the preset?

It's the loop at the very beginning. That's the part that was in Family Guy, at least.

For UW, I do find it a tiny bit surprising, but not really disappointing. It's just a small part of a huge track.

cacophony 03-25-2008 02:47 PM

me? i'm crushed. :(

Spooky Shoes 03-25-2008 03:39 PM

I heard they used an E chord instead of creating a new one ... gutted.

gillenium 03-25-2008 10:16 PM

I was pretty disappointed at first, too, although the more I thought about it, the less disappointed I was. It is pretty much like sampling, which is common for Underworld and other big electronic acts. Plus, it seems to be the only instance of this on the album... so far. It is a little silly that they had hundreds of songs to choose from and they went with a preset-based one.

Maybe the number of songs was a bit... or a lot exaggerated? I mean, think about it, they carted over To Heal and Glam Bucket from the Sunshine Soundtrack work. Many tracks are short, too. The songs with strong beats had help - Darren on Crocodile, U2 guy on Boy Boy Boy, and now we know a preset on Ring Road.

Maybe Rick was embarrassed to make a fully-ambient album?

pafufta816 03-25-2008 10:42 PM

the new album does have a bit of a portfolio feel to it. a couple stand out tracks surrounded by some bits and pieces to showcase his production versatility.

although for me the first step to getting new equipment is hearing all the presets, and then deleting em' all and making my own. otherwise there's 20 tunes from 20 artists in 2-3 years all using the same sounds, which i've run into alot listening to electronic music.

jose m 03-26-2008 07:35 AM

"sometimes i like to open a can and heat up something,other times i am like fucking master chef but when the i have finished the meal it all ends up in the shitter" quote eric cantona defending a simple tap in.;)

Jason Roth 03-26-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooky Shoes (Post 92141)
I heard they used an E chord instead of creating a new one ... gutted.

Those E chords are so hot right now.

BrotherLovesDub 03-26-2008 07:40 AM

i heard this guitar player once played an acoustic guitar and some of the cords sounded the same as when this other guy was playing on an acoustic guitar. but then, you know what's fucked up? i also heard this white guy in a drum circle playing on a bongo. then, i totally saw this caribbean dood playing a bongo that didn't even look like the white guys but they sounded the same!

i never listened to bongos again.