Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   headset. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Leftfield recordings thread: that 'old' Leftfield show (begging for a copy) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5559)

joethelion 03-27-2007 09:54 AM

Leftfield recordings thread: that 'old' Leftfield show (begging for a copy)

ok, a few years ago - someone was able to get their hands on a soundboard recording of an actual Leftism -era show

I have never been able to find said recording, despite checking many torrent sites, blogs etc etc

and I have a feeling that at least one or two people here has it...

is there any chance someone could upload it onto like sendspace or megaupload???

If you've only got the show in FLAC... I wouldn't mind if it was in like a decent/high bitrate mp3.... I'm just in the need of a real "Leftfield Fix" and well... I've got most/all "Rhythm & Stealth" tour recordings and bsides (save for ...strangely enough, Swords*)

*I was able to get mp3's of that one, but the cd was scratched to hell, and it has gaps & pops throughout = unlistenable

BeautifulBurnout 03-27-2007 10:15 AM

Re: that 'old' Leftfield show (begging for a copy)

Joe - empty your PM box so I can PM ya! (Or PM me back) ;)

Rog 03-28-2007 05:02 AM

ahhhhh i remember seeing leftfield during the leftism tour in '96. still got the original tour t-shirt........one of the top 5 concerts i've ever been to, worth the money just for the 10+ minute version of 'song of life' ....brings a shiver to my spine even thinking about it:D .......sadly i do not have any live reccording from that time.....

mkb 03-28-2007 05:29 AM

let me know the answer to this one pls :)

joethelion 03-28-2007 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
Joe - empty your PM box so I can PM ya! (Or PM me back) ;)

crap! didn't realize that my inbox was full...

Professor 03-28-2007 07:45 AM

that's probably homelands. did you get sorted with ms. bb?

BeautifulBurnout 03-28-2007 09:21 AM

Sorted, I believe :)

thee carp dreamer 03-28-2007 09:38 AM

you guys should for ever be indebted to me and my contacts who used to work on soundboard desks in 1996. :D

as it happens, i have stumbled across a load more recordings from 2000 (none more from 1996, the notts show was the only one i can find at the moment)......

Sean 03-28-2007 01:24 PM

Holy crap! I've never heard Leftfield live in ANY era, and would absolutely love to....especially if it's soundboard recordings. Please please please may I have some too? :)

BeautifulBurnout 03-28-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean
Holy crap! I've never heard Leftfield live in ANY era, and would absolutely love to....especially if it's soundboard recordings. Please please please may I have some too? :)

what IS it with dirts and their pm inboxes? ;)

thee carp dreamer 03-28-2007 01:37 PM

yea, when i get back up to nottingham (in a few weeks) i'll share all of them on soulseek. i don't have an ftp anymore so i can't stick them in anything like that, i'm afraid....

luminary 03-28-2007 03:54 PM

Very interested in this ...

sharing makes baby jesus happy

sanakan 03-28-2007 09:31 PM

hooray for carp!
i've only got homelands & "the '94", and never found anything else. i, too, wish i could have seen them live, once :'(

TheRev 03-29-2007 03:09 AM

Wow, would love to have this.

stimpee 03-29-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thee carp dreamer
you guys should for ever be indebted to me and my contacts who used to work on soundboard desks in 1996. :D

I am (we are!) indebted to you for sure :) i love this soundboard!

Sean 03-29-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
what IS it with dirts and their pm inboxes? ;)

It's cleared!

Sean 03-29-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thee carp dreamer
yea, when i get back up to nottingham (in a few weeks) i'll share all of them on soulseek. i don't have an ftp anymore so i can't stick them in anything like that, i'm afraid....

There are all those file-sharing sites that are listed and linked in this thread as well. :)

sunflowereye 03-29-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean

I I too would love to hear live Leftisim tour, esp. if it has "Space Shanty." Pretty please? A truly amazing album. Both a fav of mine & the wife.

joethelion 03-29-2007 02:05 PM

I'll upload some of the stuff I've got onto like megaupload and sendspace over the next 2 days

I would just upload something now, but I'm downloading a torrent....

undarrenworld 03-30-2007 03:12 AM

I love Space Shanty, I would like to have more live versions of that song.
Anybody knows on which gigs they have performed this song? Is there some list?

holden 04-04-2007 10:08 AM

Okay, this was posted on the Hybrid forums (hybridized.org), so i think it's okay to share here:

Change those xx's to tt's and pastee!

hxxp://www.2bitpie.net/2bitpie/Files/Leftfield%20-%20Live%20In%20Brighton%20[Part%201].rar

hxxp://www.2bitpie.net/2bitpie/Files/Leftfield%20-%20Live%20In%20Nottingham%20[Disc%201].rar

Enjoy!
wuv,
Holden

BrotherLovesDub 04-04-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden
Okay, this was posted on the Hybrid forums (hybridized.org), so i think it's okay to share here:

hxxp://www.2bitpie.net/2bitpie/Files/Leftfield%20-%20Live%20In%20Brighton%20[Part%201].rar

hxxp://www.2bitpie.net/2bitpie/Files/Leftfield%20-%20Live%20In%20Nottingham%20[Disc%201].rar

Enjoy!
wuv,
Holden

thanks!

WARNING: The Brighton show, top link, is absolutely unlistenable. don't waste the time downloading. the other show is barely tolerable so probably worth the effort, but the Brighton show will only waste your MB's.

Rog 04-04-2007 03:27 PM

i just thank god that i watched it live in 96 ........haha! read this and weep jealous guys (and gals):D

Tiger 04-05-2007 02:54 AM

i remember reading that at the london launch party of the leftism album where they played live there was a free punch which someone spiked with E. needless to say reports of said night/gig were overwhelming positive :D

i saw em on the R&S tour and they were loud, one of the loudest gigs i've been too save for My Bloody Valentine. Although two mates who saw em on the leftism tour said it was nowhere near as loud as back then. before doing their own version of the 4 yorkshiremen "loud, loud's when you can't hear for a week afterwards" "pardon, you'll have to speak up i'm still deaf in one ear after that gig" "ears, we used to dream of unperforated ear drums back then". At that stage i left them giggling by themselves to go to the bar.

personally i didn't think leftfield live were all that great, was kind of disappointed. although dave clarke afterwards was lots of fun

oh and thanks for the links janie, u r a star!!!!

ndrwrld 04-05-2007 06:35 AM

i heard the same rumors of ' severe loudness ' from this gig.
isnt this where the " brown note " supposedly came from ? or happened ?

holden 04-05-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
thanks!

WARNING: The Brighton show, top link, is absolutely unlistenable. don't waste the time downloading. the other show is barely tolerable so probably worth the effort, but the Brighton show will only waste your MB's.

Hmm, i hadn't DLed the Brighton show, so i'm sorry that it's crap quality.

The Nottingham gig, however, is imho, very listenable and very enjoyable...absolutely sick version of Inspection Check One!

thee carp dreamer 04-05-2007 02:10 PM

my version of brighton is from the soundboard.

as is my version of cardiff, glasto, homelands, london, notts and tilburg.

and space shanty is on the notts gig. as is not forgotten. which is fucking awesome.

BrotherLovesDub 04-05-2007 02:29 PM

yeah, nottingham gig is good quality. i've heard it properly now and it's worth the time to d/l. skip the brighton though, maybe Thee Carp Dreamer can supply the soundboard links?

Sean 04-06-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
thanks!

Just noticed your sig.

:o :D

Sean 04-06-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden

Enjoy!
wuv,
Holden

Thanks for the links, Holden!

Rog 04-06-2007 04:15 PM

haha! i,m glad i,m anold bastard young enough to see the real thing.......eat yer downloads and weep!:D

ndrwrld 02-01-2008 03:39 PM

ok...
leftfield - Montreux - it's a full length concert, with audio and video.
i must have this, alas, i has no ones who will share wiff me :o

pearl 02-05-2008 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Tiger]i remember reading that at the london launch party of the leftism album where they played live there was a free punch which someone spiked with E. needless to say reports of said night/gig were overwhelming positive :D

i saw em on the R&S tour and they were loud, one of the loudest gigs i've been too save for My Bloody Valentine. Although two mates who saw em on the leftism tour said it was nowhere near as loud as back then. before doing their own version of the 4 yorkshiremen "loud, loud's when you can't hear for a week afterwards" "pardon, you'll have to speak up i'm still deaf in one ear after that gig" "ears, we used to dream of unperforated ear drums back then". At that stage i left them giggling by themselves to go to the bar.

personally i didn't think leftfield live were all that great, was kind of disappointed. although dave clarke afterwards was lots of fun

Hiya Matt,hows tricks? We saw Leftfield a couple of times in 2000,both times fantastic for us,and i don't remember either gig being too loud,just the bass effect in the middle of El Cid was unbelievable,proper de-calcify your spine job!

Flywaver 02-05-2008 11:54 PM

Argggh god damn. Those links don't work Holden?

Tiger 02-06-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearl
Hiya Matt,hows tricks?

i'm good mate, you been to the refurbed paradise factory yet? or are you saving yourself for the zabiela/howells night

Drix 02-15-2008 06:04 AM

I have space in my mailbox and would love a piece of sb recording from Leftfeild in their prime.. who wouldn't?

King of Snake 03-02-2008 10:04 AM

I'm up for some leftfield live stuff too. My pm inbox also has plenty of space for your messages ;)

crank 03-05-2008 06:24 PM

and mine as well... ;)

joethelion 03-05-2008 07:37 PM

I'll see what I can do...
I'm just not sure if I still have the recordings anymore, as I lost a TON of stuff when my hard drive crashed

I might have to see if I still have a cd-r of mp3's somewhere ...

crank 03-14-2008 03:26 PM

hey, seems the forums are a bit scattered these days... what'd you ever dig up?