Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rez - READING FESTIVAL 1996 (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18722)

negative1 11-16-2020 10:53 AM

Rez - READING FESTIVAL 1996

Trying to get this from the store.
Doesn't remember my account, trying to reset password.

Went to paypal, and was charged $.01 for it.

But still can't get link.

Anybody know how, or figure it out.

later

StrangeLastName 11-16-2020 10:54 AM

Re: REZ Live at Reading Festival 1996 MP3 - Free

Same, the store didn't remember my account, but I went through the checkout as a guest, and received order confirmation emails, but can't seem to find an actual download link anywhere.

joethelion 11-16-2020 11:01 AM

READING FESTIVAL 1996

Hey!

Nice surprise in the UW newsletter today, but unfortunately - I can't seem to get the zip file to open.

Has anyone had luck getting it to expand?

saintrik 11-16-2020 11:03 AM

Re: READING FESTIVAL 1996

I was able to get it downloaded... PM me with your email address if you continue having problems.

hypeless 11-16-2020 11:19 AM

Does the download come via email? Sitting here, waiting not-so-patiently...

surfboy 11-16-2020 11:35 AM

Yeah just "paid" for this through their website and got the confirmation email but no download or file? Did it come separate for you guys? (If so, how long did you wait?)

joethelion 11-16-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboy (Post 168349)
Yeah just "paid" for this through their website and got the confirmation email but no download or file? Did it come separate for you guys? (If so, how long did you wait?)

There should have been a download link within the confirmation email (Subject title: 'Your download for Underworld is ready'). I received it pretty quickly after 'ordering' it through the shop.

I was able to download the zip, but then not actually expand the file.

I'm assuming that there's an easy, quick-fix... just have to be a bit patient...

Dirty Saint 11-16-2020 11:50 AM

Only a 1 min video?? Come on i need the full unedited version!

surfboy 11-16-2020 12:02 PM

Oh thanks. Mine just says "Order Confirmed". Maybe they only do it during business hours? Or maybe it just takes a few hours? Can't think why else it would take so long for a download link to send?

hypeless 11-16-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeless (Post 168348)
Does the download come via email? Sitting here, waiting not-so-patiently...

I got a download link after going through the order flow again, it came with my second order.

surfboy 11-16-2020 12:09 PM

Weird, I've gone through now the "free" way and also via PayPal and no download link with either confirmation email. :(

Dirty0900 11-16-2020 12:15 PM

I hope then video about Rick saying you can play and change the tempo might see them bring back this element into shows...

surfboy 11-16-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeless (Post 168353)
I got a download link after going through the order flow again, it came with my second order.

How did you go through your order? Did the download link come in the confirmation email or separately? I've done it "without paying" and the Paypal way now to no avail.

TheBang 11-16-2020 12:18 PM

After placing an order, you should receive 2 e-mails. The first is the order confirmation, and it will have a subject that says "Order #XXXXX confirmed". There is nothing actionable in this e-mail.

The 2nd e-mail you will receive is from Customer Services <customerservices@bsimerch.com> with a subject "Your download for Underworld is ready", and this will contain the download link to the file.

Underworld changed e-commerce platforms from Townsend Music to Shopify when the Drift Series 1 Complete box launched, so your old account info won't work. If you want to sign up for a new account on the new store, use this link.

surfboy 11-16-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 168357)
After placing an order, you should receive 2 e-mails. The first is the order confirmation, and it will have a subject that says "Order #XXXXX confirmed". There is nothing actionable in this e-mail.

The 2nd e-mail you will receive is from Customer Services <customerservices@bsimerch.com> with a subject "Your download for Underworld is ready", and this will contain the download link to the file.

Underworld changed e-commerce platforms from Townsend Music to Shopify when the Drift Series 1 Complete box launched, so your old account info won't work. If you want to sign up for a new account on the new store, use this link.

Ah thanks. I never had an old account and just signed in as guest though so can't see why it doesn't currently work. Will give it a try though!

TheBang 11-16-2020 12:25 PM

Ah, the account info was just an aside. As you say, It's not necessary to register; you should be able to checkout as a guest and get the e-mails.

surfboy 11-16-2020 12:30 PM

Oh I finally got it! Listening to it now, sounds incredible. Gonna get bombarded with download links now, looks like there must've just been a delay on the first one of an hour or so. hahaha
Good luck with your downloads guys

negative1 11-16-2020 02:40 PM

It's been a few hours now. No sign of any emails with order or links.

I'm out of luck for now. Maybe by tomorrow.

later

Lx_Nen 11-16-2020 03:57 PM

I have an email with a download link, but it times out to a 'something went wrong' page.

Seems like an awful lot of mucking about for a simple file transfer.

jetpig 11-16-2020 05:17 PM

Wow, this has been an awful experience. I'm glad I didn't pay for this and that it's not something I don't have elsewhere. They *JUST* setup a bandcamp, too, which is PERFECT for distributing something like this. I'd still like to get the mp3, as I assume it will be better quality than what's on the RTSR tracker, if anyone wants to aid me.

iamneorev 11-16-2020 09:17 PM

I wish they would just release shows thru their Bandcamp.

TheBang 11-17-2020 12:35 AM

Re: Rez - READING FESTIVAL 1996

Might want to keep an eye out for another limited drop at the Store. Last time UW changed their profile pic green, had a Glastonbury video post of KoS, and then 24 hours later was Drop #1.

So far, their profile pic turned Pink, and then we have the Rez history post.

negative1 11-17-2020 07:19 AM

Still no email, and no link.

Emailed their support, and was told they would look into.
Trying live chat, but its busy too.

UPDATE :
Karan from live chat, sent link to my email.

Everythings looking roses now, listening to it in all its glory.

later

StrangeLastName 11-17-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 168366)
Might want to keep an eye out for another limited drop at the Store. Last time UW changed their profile pic green, had a Glastonbury video post of KoS, and then 24 hours later was Drop #1.

So far, their profile pic turned Pink, and then we have the Rez history post.

Hopefully this one doesn't happen in the dead of night for us North American fans. :)

negative1 11-17-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetpig (Post 168364)
Wow, this has been an awful experience. I'm glad I didn't pay for this and that it's not something I don't have elsewhere. They *JUST* setup a bandcamp, too, which is PERFECT for distributing something like this. I'd still like to get the mp3, as I assume it will be better quality than what's on the RTSR tracker, if anyone wants to aid me.

By the way, this is just Rez.

UPDATE :
------------
Just got the link to the download today.

Also got a response saying that email link was sent.
So they did get back to me a few days later.

later

purlieu 11-20-2020 08:05 AM

Chalk me up for another amazed that they didn't use Bandcamp for this. They could have popped it up as a £0.00 download allowing people to grab for free, or pay if they wanted. Without all the faff listed upthread.

potatobroth 11-24-2020 12:18 PM

Underworld track record for downloads and online orders isn't exactly tiptop to say the least.. Once i finally got Bandcamp i saw how easy it was to use as a means of delivering content. annnnd then i had to order a 0$ item thru paypal to get a free track.

khouri 11-24-2020 05:52 PM

My theory has always been that Underworld are just too, ahem, frugal to use any third party fulfillment service that takes a cut of sales, such as Bandcamp. Going all the way back to Riverrun, these problems have been been an issue.

purlieu 11-25-2020 06:38 AM

Except they used Bandcamp for Drift, so that doesn't quite fit. Especially for a free download.

potatobroth 11-25-2020 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purlieu (Post 168387)
Except they used Bandcamp for Drift, so that doesn't quite fit. Especially for a free download.

This.

And there have been other semi-awful experiences (at least for us in the US) with shipping, notifications, and other problems. The LiveHereNow discs were a chore to order stateside: lost orders, duplicate orders, wrong discs etc.

In the end, I'll do whatever it takes to get anything the boys release, but its always been a bit awkward. :)

iamneorev 11-25-2020 10:17 AM

They should create a separate Bandcamp

Have underworld.bandcamp.com for Drift and underworldlive.bandcamp.com for stuff like this

jetpig 11-27-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purlieu (Post 168387)

No reason they can't use it for other things, too. Just create other albums or releases.

purlieu 11-28-2020 05:40 AM

Yeah, sorry, I kind of meant that - they've used it for Drift, so they're obviously happy using it. Why have they gone back to the uwlive store for this?