Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Underworld album - Barking (Sept. 13, Sept 2 Japan) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10971)

TheBang 06-07-2010 09:00 PM

Re: New Underworld album - Barking (Sept. 13, Sept 2 Japan)

So, Always Loved a Film ties Beautiful Burnout for gestation time

Biro > BB (2000-2007)
Always Loved a Film (2003-2010)

But Bird 1 (assuming it's Strumpet) beats them all:

Strumpet > Bird 1 (2000-2010)

starfox203 06-07-2010 09:05 PM

Everyone needs to chill out. Bands almost always have other outside influences contribute to thier albums in the form of mixers and producers. For example, U2 brought in Flood to contribute to an album they did called Achtung Baby. It turned out brilliant. Artists re always collaborating to enhance their sound. Underworld is just spreading this out a bit and being upfront about it.

Sometimes two artists team up that don't seem like they belong together and it works great. Who would have thought the lead singer of Blur and a hip-hop producer would be anything, but they collaborated (with numerous other bands and artists) to form Gorillaz. Johnny Cash worked with rap producer Rick Rubin to make some of the best music of his career.

This is a bold move by UW and the results could very well be extraordinary.

gaborez 06-08-2010 01:43 AM

Well said, starfox203 :)

stay positive, people! i'm gonna enjoy the summer listening to scribble & waiting for this new album :)

And some live shows please! COME ON!!!! w0000t!

whatmakesustick 06-08-2010 03:18 AM

Can't wait for the new record. I am excited to see what the collaborations turn out like and I am confident that they will have pulled it together into a cohesive album. I think its great they are trying something different. They have a massive back catalogue of tunes - if I want to listen to something like Juanita...I can listen to Juanita. Anyway, I have no doubt the new tracks will sound like the Underworld we know and love!

I, like everyone else would love some studio versions of older versions of the tunes (please let us have a Dark and Long style release!!!) but at least we can get hold of 'most' of those tunes quite easily (assuming you don't want every version of every unreleased tune over the last 10 years!!)...thinking Strumpet and ALF of the Brixton CD's...

My gripe is that it is not released for 1/4 of a year!! I am not looking forward to a summer of searching through crap quality vids from the live shows looking for new material....or looking on ebay for overpriced promo's. Its been hard enough keeping up with news of 'new' and 'new versions' of tracks over the last couple of years...soon there will be a full albums worth of material and versions out there. I am seriously considering trying to ignore all talk of new material until we actually get physical releases!!

Slightly off topic - but would love to hear more from Darren Price. His tracks that have been played at the live shows recently have been excellent. Hoping he has a few new tracks also :)

big screen satellite 06-08-2010 03:25 AM

i truly think this album is not made with the moany old bastards on here in mind, this is an album for the masses - for the modern radio 1 dance audience, for the festival goers, for people who like dance music with lyrics - i.e. not you lot!

thats not a slight against you guys its just the fact that uw are having fun and want everyone to enjoy it - this album is NOT going to be for the 'hardcore' fans, who like b-side / ep tracks like deep arch or mosaic or whatever....

this is not a techno / knob twiddling album like second toughest, or dubno, its not a dingy late night 'walking scruffy streets of london' album, its an up, happy album of good tunes (i expect)

we all know uw have a locker full of tunes, some more mellow and instrumental, others poppy and dancey, and tbh, these get the better reactions from the general public, a couple of dozen bedroom dwelling forum snobs don't keep KH & RS in ipads...

who is best to polish uws work for the dancefloors than people who play the tracks out week in and week out

you might not like PvD but millions of ppl do, and he likes UW, so it makes super great sense, imo

give this album a chance before you start criticizing it before even hearing it... scribble is good no?

and we've heard a crappy live version of Diamond Jigsaw - its hardly a basis on which to judge an album that no-one has heard yet...

come on guys, i expected this type of reaction, but wait until you hear the material before throwing shit towards the fan....

Bargo 06-08-2010 04:00 AM

I'm tentatively excited. Sounds like it could be good fun. September feels like such a long way away though, I hope it doesn't leak too early. Maybe this time around I'll not give into temptation and won't listen to it before its actual release, something I was unable to do for AHDO and OWB :o

jose m 06-08-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big screen satellite (Post 122868)
i truly think this album is not made with the moany old bastards on here in mind, this is an album for the masses - for the modern radio 1 dance audience, for the festival goers, for people who like dance music with lyrics - i.e. not you lot!

thats not a slight against you guys its just the fact that uw are having fun and want everyone to enjoy it - this album is NOT going to be for the 'hardcore' fans, who like b-side / ep tracks like deep arch or mosaic or whatever....

this is not a techno / knob twiddling album like second toughest, or dubno, its not a dingy late night 'walking scruffy streets of london' album, its an up, happy album of good tunes (i expect)

we all know uw have a locker full of tunes, some more mellow and instrumental, others poppy and dancey, and tbh, these get the better reactions from the general public, a couple of dozen bedroom dwelling forum snobs don't keep KH & RS in ipads...

who is best to polish uws work for the dancefloors than people who play the tracks out week in and week out

you might not like PvD but millions of ppl do, and he likes UW, so it makes super great sense, imo

give this album a chance before you start criticizing it before even hearing it... scribble is good no?

and we've heard a crappy live version of Diamond Jigsaw - its hardly a basis on which to judge an album that no-one has heard yet...

come on guys, i expected this type of reaction, but wait until you hear the material before throwing shit towards the fan....

right on brother ! :)

BrotherLovesDub 06-08-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big screen satellite (Post 122868)

Overall I think the reaction has been positive.

joethelion 06-08-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 122852)
So, Always Loved a Film ties Beautiful Burnout for gestation time

Biro > BB (2000-2007)
Always Loved a Film (2003-2010)

But Bird 1 (assuming it's Strumpet) beats them all:

Strumpet > Bird 1 (2000-2010)

...wait - Stumpet's that old?

the version of "Biro..." that you're talking about is the live one from Electraglide, right?

TheBang 06-08-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethelion (Post 122885)
...wait - Stumpet's that old?

the version of "Biro..." that you're talking about is the live one from Electraglide, right?

Yes, which is also the same show at which Strumpet was first played! A seminal show, indeed.