Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Underworld album - Barking (Sept. 13, Sept 2 Japan) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10971)

//\/\/ 09-13-2010 01:58 PM

Re: New Underworld album - Barking (Sept. 13, Sept 2 Japan)

tits'd off - do an hmv preorder, miss out on the delux edition because of that, and no discs arrive today!

Rog 09-13-2010 02:30 PM

just had the super deluxe box set delivered. gave it to the wife as a present......and she won't break the cellophane so i can bloody listen to it....wants to keep it as a collectors item even though she already said she won't ever sell it:D....now i've got to nip to HMV tomorrow dinnerz to get my own copy DOH!:o

Postal 09-13-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rog (Post 144799)
just had the super deluxe box set delivered. gave it to the wife as a present......and she won't break the cellophane so i can bloody listen to it....wants to keep it as a collectors item even though she already said she won't ever sell it:D....now i've got to nip to HMV tomorrow dinnerz to get my own copy DOH!:o

At the same time, what a wife to recognize the value of it. At least, you hope so. :)

Postal 09-13-2010 05:41 PM

As for my own copy -- I'll admit it, I bought the Deluxe Edition off of iTunes. I'd have loved the box set, but being in Canada would have guaranteed that the price and shipping times would have been out of this world.

As it stands, I have material ready for listening on my iPhone and viewing on my iPad. The wonders of modern technology!

TheBang 09-13-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal (Post 144809)
As for my own copy -- I'll admit it, I bought the Deluxe Edition off of iTunes.

Quick question. Were the videos in HD?

Troy McClure 09-13-2010 09:12 PM

The album is available on US iTunes in both regular and deluxe editions. Also you can buy You Do Scribble (Abbey Road Version) as a stand alone track for 99 cents.

Jason

saintrik 09-13-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Quick question. Were the videos in HD?
Not quite HD... But they look pretty nice.

All of the videos are H.264 encoded with a resolution of 640x360, with the exception of Hamburg Hotel which is 640x256.

The iTunes LP piece looks good... It's divided into Audio, Video, Art, Photo Gallery, and Credits sections...

saintrik 09-13-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal (Post 144809)
As for my own copy -- I'll admit it, I bought the Deluxe Edition off of iTunes. I'd have loved the box set, but being in Canada would have guaranteed that the price and shipping times would have been out of this world.

Actually, Amazon Canada was listing the box set pretty inexpensively.

Dino3D 09-16-2010 06:59 AM

I can't believe, but today I got the album finally in my hands!! And I listened it...
Not a bad album, but nothing special. For me, it's too poppy and commercial. :(
The worst song is Moon In Water, it's soooo weak and empty.

The best songs are Bird1, Hamburg, Scribble. Hamburg is aaawesome!!!

These are my first impressions.