Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   question about the "new" songs (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9491)

joethelion 11-07-2008 07:26 AM

Re: question about the "new" songs

hey - so I was listening to the live cd's I just got in the mail...

and one of the albums was London Roundhouse, 29th February 2008

according to the set list, the third track should be "Pearls Girl" and the fourth would be "Airtowel"

but track three is DEFINITELY not PG. It starts with a bit of "Airtowel" carried over from "Rez/Cowgirl" (mostly just the vocal loop) then it goes into a completely different track altogether (which is also definitely not airtowel)

is that track "Strumpet" ?

TheBang 11-07-2008 08:53 AM

Yeah, on the website, they just posted the setlist, but they deviated from the setlist a little that night. That track starts off with "Airtowel", but is then mixed into "Autotrader 4" (listen to "Phonestrap 6/Autotrader 4").

joethelion 11-07-2008 09:38 AM

d'oh - I even thought "hey this sounds like that one Phonestrap/Autotrader track"

which also kinda sounds like the track that's played with/before "Confusion"
btw - I have NEVER been able to access the horde ftp (yes, even after asking on rtsr and following instructions - but in all honesty that was well over a year ago - if not longer)

Flywaver 11-07-2008 10:21 AM

I got Live CDs today as well. But catching up with older gigs.I got postcards!? Not had those before.Pity Rick and Karl didn't write 'wish you were here' on the back lol

Dirty0900 11-07-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethelion (Post 105248)
d'oh - I even thought "hey this sounds like that one Phonestrap/Autotrader track"

which also kinda sounds like the track that's played with/before "Confusion"
btw - I have NEVER been able to access the horde ftp (yes, even after asking on rtsr and following instructions - but in all honesty that was well over a year ago - if not longer)

The Feb 29th show was very random from the written setlist, i've got it on my wall with my ticket stub;) If memory serves, Juanita was ment to go in to NUXX and

Skyscraper was listed on the setlist and not played, Pearls Girl wasnt on the setlist. Yey for improving.

dubman 11-07-2008 11:03 AM

yeah i just replaced airtowel with autotrader4/phonestrap6 when i saved it to itunes.

slowly slowly catching up on these live albums.

joethelion 11-07-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubman (Post 105257)
yeah i just replaced airtowel with autotrader4/phonestrap6 when i saved it to itunes.

slowly slowly catching up on these live albums.

yea - it was a bit odd when I put the disc into my laptop, and iTunes said the third track was PG, then that the next one was AT... at first I almost thought I was given the wrong concert!

I'm also catching up on these live albums as well, although - I'm trying to just get shows that have either new songs, improv's I don't have, and - well, if it looks like it has a pretty unique set list

crazysugarboy 11-07-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethelion (Post 105260)
yea - it was a bit odd when I put the disc into my laptop, and iTunes said the third track was PG, then that the next one was AT... at first I almost thought I was given the wrong concert!

I experienced the same loopy head-case - iTunes said track 3 was PG, track 4 was Airtowel, and track 5 was Croc, when in fact it's AT/autotrader, croc, and then PG! A new variation on "scissors, paper, stone" perhaps??

TheBang 11-07-2008 06:56 PM

iTunes simply grabs the CD track names based on what someone has entered into Gracenote CDDB. Someone obviously read the tracklist on uwlive.com and submitted that to CDDB. You can submit a correction, but I usually find it isn't worth my time.

Edit: Looked on CDDB, and they used to have a form right on the data where you could submit a correction. Now they just tell you e-mail their support. Pass.