Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   moments. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How to arrange a meet and greet? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17098)

Martyn 09-09-2010 12:58 AM

How to arrange a meet and greet?

Hi all,

I have send many emails to all the people mentioned in the contact area on www.underworldlive.com, because of a request. Unfortunally, nobody ever answerred me.

My question is: As a huge fan I would really meet Karl and Rick and take some photo's together. Just a quick minute backstage before or after a show. This photo will be my living area decoration forever.

Does anybody have a clue about how to reach someone wo bothers to look at my request? I tried contacting the venues, but they all refer to the management of the band.

Who has the golden hint for me? My thankx will be overwhelming!

Martyn
Holland
martynvanbeek@hotmail.com

Dunwho 09-09-2010 08:56 AM

Re: How to arrange a meet and greet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyn (Post 144399)
Hi all,

I have send many emails to all the people mentioned in the contact area on www.underworldlive.com, because of a request. Unfortunally, nobody ever answerred me.

My question is: As a huge fan I would really meet Karl and Rick and take some photo's together. Just a quick minute backstage before or after a show. This photo will be my living area decoration forever.

Does anybody have a clue about how to reach someone wo bothers to look at my request? I tried contacting the venues, but they all refer to the management of the band.

Who has the golden hint for me? My thankx will be overwhelming!

Martyn
Holland
martynvanbeek@hotmail.com

Are you serious?

darktrain 09-09-2010 11:13 AM

After the show, wait out back by the doors until they come out and politely ask.
Worked for me:cool:

froopy seal 09-10-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darktrain (Post 144460)
until they come out and politely ask.

They politely asked to have a meet and greet with you? :eek:

I mean, politely? Are they rockstars or what???

Martyn 09-10-2010 12:56 AM

Hey all,

Did that a couple of times, last time I tried was at Love Family Park. Security was so tight, no way that I could ask it.

I will be at both venues in Holland in november. You really think that after the show you can just walk to a back entrance?

There must be a way to contact someone who gives a normal reply!
Isn't there a fanclub or so that has contact in any way with the band?

Martyn

darktrain 09-10-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froopy seal (Post 144538)
They politely asked to have a meet and greet with you? :eek:
I mean, politely? Are they rockstars or what???

No, I mean that a group of dirtylisters waited at the back entrance afterward (this was at the Chicago '99 show). Security told us that they'd already left, but we waited anyway. Eventually they came out, chatted a bit & signed some stuff (except Emerson, who darted for the car).

grady 09-10-2010 10:00 AM

I'd say wait patiently near the exit of the venue or you could also just bump into them on the street like I did in San Francisco in October of 2002.

ultradave 09-10-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grady (Post 144575)
I'd say wait patiently near the exit of the venue or you could also just bump into them on the street like I did in San Francisco in October of 2002.

now that's the way to do it! ;)

//\/\/ 09-12-2010 02:48 AM

pricey was signing liveherenow cd's after the roundhouse gig - worra top bloke!

TheRev 09-18-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darktrain (Post 144574)
No, I mean that a group of dirtylisters waited at the back entrance afterward (this was at the Chicago '99 show). Security told us that they'd already left, but we waited anyway. Eventually they came out, chatted a bit & signed some stuff (except Emerson, who darted for the car).

Yeah I had a similar experience back in 99 at a New York show, except it was Rick who darted for the car. It was actually a security guard during the show that told me to do that, because I wanted to give them the dirtylist sign we had made. Definitely got to be patient - if i remember security told me the same thing (they'd left, etc) and had to wait a while in the cold.

It helps if it's a single venue - and not a festival. Sounds like your last attempt was at a festival, which I imagine is all kinds of nuts due to the quantity of the people, so you might have better luck at Heineken Music Hall.