Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   moments. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2008-11-15 I love Techno, Gent (next Sat. 15/11 - Who's going?) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9506)

Geo 11-09-2008 01:36 PM

2008-11-15 I love Techno, Gent (next Sat. 15/11 - Who's going?)

Who's coming over to the beautiful city of Ghent for I love techno?

I'll be there around 8 PM I think :)

Joris

jose m 11-11-2008 07:10 AM

Re: I love Techno, next Sat. 15/11 - Who's going?

me

Geo 11-14-2008 09:34 AM

I'm meeting up with Pappie (Steven) at 9PM at the entrance of the Red room.

jose m 11-14-2008 11:21 AM

i'll be the tall thin fella with the glow sticks and the rose in my lapel. have a good one ! :)

miss glitch 11-16-2008 10:58 AM

just got back, what an awesome weekend! i really need to get hold of that 'strumpet' track they played last night and at brixton academy the other week, stupid me for not buying the live cd...

(if you haven't heard that track you really must, it is amazing)

TheBang 11-20-2008 12:54 PM

Anyone got a setlist and review?

BeautifulBurnout 11-21-2008 01:45 AM

I will have to metaphorically beat up a couple of Belgies when they are next online...:)

jose m 11-21-2008 01:57 AM

couldn't give you a setlist if i tried but the crowd roared like no underworld gig i've been to for years.it was hot and smokey (no smoking ban or at least enforcement) and i saw a couple of folks get carted out by the medic's (always a good sign ;)).one of them was the oldest guy i've ever seen collapse at a gig,he was at least 50 and was in a "refreshed state" by the look of him.he got propped up outside in the fresh air by the medic's, his girlfriend stroking his sweaty bonce and looking proper poorly.when the intro to "born slippy" started he dragged himself to his feet and they cuddled up at the side of the stage to watch,he even managed a little smile.

"don't let it spoil your evening love....it's your favorite":)

Geo 11-21-2008 03:38 PM

It was a great & exhausting gig in the Red Room. For crowd and band!
So hot and crowded :)
Met up with Pappie an hour before the gig started. We went into the Red room right away, to avoid being locked out!
We hardly got warmed up tho, by some German DJ who basicly switched his bass drum on and off.

This is the set list, which needs some research, primarily regarding Darren's tracks I think:
  1. Beautiful Burnout
  2. Everybody Jack
  3. Lenne Penne
  4. something new/improv
  5. Pearls Girl, with an intro much like at Ancienne Belgique
  6. Rez
  7. Cowgirl
  8. Moaner
  9. Crocodile
  10. bit with drums, like the intro to BS Nuxx at Ancienne Belgique
  11. TMO
  12. Poem by Karl
  13. Spikee :D
  14. another Darren track i think
  15. another track I didn't recognize (:o this is getting embarassing, as I saw them 6 times this year)
  16. Strumpet
  17. Improv
  18. Spoonman :D :D
  19. the same as the intro to BS nuxx at the love parade
  20. BS Nuxx
  21. Encore: Jumbo :D :D
So, quite an intense gig, right? :D
They started a bit later then planned, but played way into the next DJ's time slot.
Not really a greatest hits set either, with spoon man & spikee instead of KoS or Dark train, altho we only got one new track.
I loved every second of it!

Pics & a small movie clip here: http://flickr.com/photos/jorisbe/set...7609686278390/

Near the end they threw these big white balloons into the audience. Some came dangerously close to Rick's desk, so Darren had to push one over Rick's head, away from the stage, without him really noticing that.
Some people bounced the balloons on the floor, so they'd explode, in order to get some very efficient instant airco effect.

This one guy "standing" next to me was sooo wasted. He told me this was the second time he saw UW.
The first time he was only 18, so now he was happy to experience it "more consciously" :D

I also got asked two times if I had drugs with me, Pappie 4 times, apparently ;)

BeautifulBurnout 11-21-2008 03:53 PM

Thanks, Joris.

You better put some steak on that black eye.... :p