Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   world. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jesse Ventura, American Badass (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10014)

Strangelet 05-22-2009 12:03 PM

Jesse Ventura, American Badass

I really warmed to this guy recently when I heard him compare his time as a wrestler and his time as a politician. Show business ideology and conflict on stage, all chummy comraderie in the locker room.

and here's where he says things to hannity that I'm sure a lot of us have been itching to say.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...s-ventura.html

libertarians ftw.

cacophony 05-22-2009 04:00 PM

Re: Jesse Ventura, American Badass

i kept waiting for him to say something i disagreed with because i figured he's a right wing nut job. but that moment never came. hm.

his voice sounds like he's 110 years old, though.

bryantm3 05-22-2009 10:10 PM

I think they're both morons, but they each have good points:
-Clinton did not get Osama bin Laden when he had the chance to. This is a fact.

-Bush and the neo-conservatives spent gobs and gobs of money during relative peacetime and economic growth on pork-barrel spending and other ridiculous uses of taxpayer dollars.

What I disagree with:
-Hannity's constant claim of quadrupiling the deficit. Any moron that has actually studied keynesian economics to any extent knows that there are two ways to get out of a recession: lowering taxes or government spending. This is simply an idelogical difference, and the fact of the matter is that they both run up significant and comparable deficits. 'Supply side economics' is simply using lower taxes instead of government spending. The theory is that if spending is significantly cut back after the economy begins to grow, the tax revenue received from the economic growth will pay off the deficit spending made during the recession.

-Ventura's claim that somehow Bush is directly connected with bin Laden. That's some left-wing junk that Michael Moore came up with when he connected a bunch of papers from Bush's AWOL from the National Guard. If all this was true, why didn't Clinton make any effort to prevent 9/11? The truth is that they did not think he was a viable threat at the time. They won't admit it, but their intelligence was inferior, Clinton was a lame-duck, and the country was focused primarily on domestic issues rather than international issues, and the CIA was on lunch break.

I find Hannity to be a neo-conservative moron rather than an actual conservative. It makes me vomit that Hannity titles his ideology after Reagan, one of our greatest presidents, while everything he says points to GWB.

bas_I_am 05-23-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryantm3 (Post 111288)
Reagan, one of our greatest presidents

Total presumption here, but I bet you were born post 1980(or thereabouts) and can only base your opinion on related experience and not personal experience.

Am I wrong???

my bullet points (just a few because I really don't have the time to argue)
  • Nicauragua
  • El Salvador
  • Noriega
  • Arms For Hostages
  • Ollie North
  • The Rise of Saddam
  • The Rise of the Taliban
  • Support for the Racist Zionist State Commonly Known as Israel
  • Total Economic Destruction
  • The Crack Cocaine Epidemic
  • Just Say No
  • The War On Drugs
Don't even get me started on his California gubernatorial career, or his stint as McCarthy's Man running SAG

"One of our greatest presidents????" only an ass backwards fool fucking moron would make that statement.

Fuckingpsuedointellectualheadupyourassdipshit you are!

bryantm3 05-23-2009 10:21 AM

Alright, I don't appreciate you calling me names. I won't call you names, and I'd like the same respect I would give you. Here's a few reasons Reagan was great:

-Tax rates were lowered from a top of 70% of income when Reagan entered office, compared to 38.5% when he left office. However, tax revenues did not decrease; they increased significantly. Hauser's law states that tax revenue is always 19.5% of GDP, regardless of the top income tax bracket. After the tax cuts, real tax revenue was at a high of $1154.1 billion in 1988, compared to $956.0 billion in 1980 when Carter was in office.

-Real GDP increased by 24.7% from 1982 to 1987, compared to 19.7% from 1975 to 1980.

More later.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ 05-23-2009 11:17 AM

Can someone convince the man "bald is beautiful"?

And, bas I am, it was all good and then you got all pussy-catty name calling. PISSSSFPPTT, RAHRANAWWWAAH, PISSSSFPPTTPFPTT.

Strangelet 05-23-2009 11:38 AM

bas_I_am, if you don't have time to argue, then you really don't have the time to insult either. Awful that I have to do the job of dialog for you, and I sure as hell wouldn't be doing that if I weren't predisposed to your position.

Its no accident that hannity calls himself a "reagan conservative". They belong to a slice of conservatism that is largely considered "corporate" and not just by the left, but by other types of conservatives like the libertarians. The same problems british have with margaret thatcher, americans have with reagan. Both politicians shored up a populous movement based on nebulous ideas about private, individual enterprise being the fountainhead of prosperity when government leaves them alone. Which sounds awesome, but is vague enough to enable large corporate favoritism, rise of the military industrial complex and imperialism.

As you are watching the demise of the GOP, bear in mind what you are witnessing is the demise of reagan conservatism, hastened by the bush administration's poor performance.

Strangelet 05-23-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ (Post 111297)
Can someone convince the man "bald is beautiful"?

i know right? the skullet's got to go.

(wow. john, i actually understood what the fuck you were saying for once. am I getting smarter?)

Rog 05-23-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bas_I_am (Post 111292)
Total presumption here, but I bet you were born post 1980(or thereabouts) and can only base your opinion on related experience and not personal experience.

Am I wrong???

my bullet points (just a few because I really don't have the time to argue)
  • Nicauragua
  • El Salvador
  • Noriega
  • Arms For Hostages
  • Ollie North
  • The Rise of Saddam
  • The Rise of the Taliban
  • Support for the Racist Zionist State Commonly Known as Israel
  • Total Economic Destruction
  • The Crack Cocaine Epidemic
  • Just Say No
  • The War On Drugs
Don't even get me started on his California gubernatorial career, or his stint as McCarthy's Man running SAG

"One of our greatest presidents????" only an ass backwards fool fucking moron would make that statement.

Fuckingpsuedointellectualheadupyourassdipshit you are!

You can disagree with someone but you don't have to be a prick about it.........on second thoughts maybe you do:rolleyes:

cacophony 05-23-2009 01:31 PM

people conveniently like to forget the media/congress/public furor around clinton's pursuit of terrorist targets. he was accused of trying to create a diversion from whitewater and he had difficulty getting any support to pursue even very apparent targets. which isn't to say he did everything right, but it's just funny the way we all forget that a president doesn't operate in a vacuum.

no matter how hard bush tried.