Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   process. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Turner prize- art? or just a shed? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1957)

Rog 12-06-2005 04:44 AM

Turner prize- art? or just a shed?

its just a fuckin shed!:D

stimpee 12-06-2005 05:42 AM

Re: Turner prize- art? or just a shed?

no fucking way. thats a joke. its a shed then he cuts it up and turns it into a boat IN GERMANY and sails it up some german river. then turns it back into a shed. hey presto! its art! :mad:

these people want stringing up.

Rog 12-06-2005 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee
no fucking way. thats a joke. its a shed then he cuts it up and turns it into a boat IN GERMANY and sails it up some german river. then turns it back into a shed. hey presto! its art! :mad:

these people want stringing up.

......with mulitcoloured string made by Tracey Emin..........or however you spell it

big screen satellite 12-06-2005 11:10 AM

the turner prize is shit...the best thing that happened to it was the KLF in 93...

its 'shock' / 'shite' in the name of art...but its not art...its bollocks...

//\/\/ 12-06-2005 10:45 PM

i don't know art, but.....

turning a shed into a boat feels more like a diy project - turning it back feels like his wife wasn't happy about their shed going missing. or have i been watching too much george and mildred?

Rog 12-07-2005 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by //\/\/
i don't know art, but.....

turning a shed into a boat feels more like a diy project - turning it back feels like his wife wasn't happy about their shed going missing. or have i been watching too much george and mildred?

hahahahaha!:D :D

Tiger 12-07-2005 05:01 AM

most conceptual art like this leaves me cold, although in a similiar way the boxes (fu(k knows what the artist actually called it) in the wind turbine hall at tate modern are just stacked boxes and can represent whatever you want, but they're still just boxes.

Rog 12-07-2005 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger
most conceptual art like this leaves me cold, although in a similiar way the boxes (fu(k knows what the artist actually called it) in the wind turbine hall at tate modern are just stacked boxes and can represent whatever you want, but they're still just boxes.

I don't know what the artist called it but i'd call it bollocks!:D
If Damien or one of his lot put a dog turd on a plate and called it art then some twat would buy it.........:rolleyes:

//\/\/ 12-07-2005 10:02 PM

(the boxes are excellent)

big screen satellite 12-08-2005 12:14 AM

the most ridiculous things i've seen as 'modern' art:

pieces of paper (A4 etc) screwed up into balls

a blob of blu tac on a plinth

a room with a light switch

rubbish

an unmade bed

What do these people do at home when coming up with this, think wow, lets see how far we can take the art world for a ride...???

Personally i think art should be pretty unique and intersting, but because i'm not an artist or don't have and 'art' degree (no offence, Mr. Hyde, who does have one....), if i screwed up a bit of paper and tried to sell it to the tate, i'd get arrested for being mad...or something

i mean how many attempts did the guy with the paper take to make his final submission???

Its crazy, and i suppose the ultimate thing is that we end up talking about it.

I was serious when i said the KLF were the best thing to happen to the Turder Prize, they actually questioned the idocies of art and the art world, and Bill and Jimmy are artists - so they had the right to do so...

They gave twice the winnings of the Turner prize to Rachael Whitread in '93 for the 'worst' piece in the competition, she also won the best piece...

... on a side note, should art be a competition - your art is better than these, here's £20,000...

back on track - nailing £100,000 grand to a picture frame and selling it as Art for £50,000 opened the question of what is art worth, would you as the purchaser of art destroy what you bought to make £50,000 out of it, but no longer have the art...they sold smaller pieces tenners strapped to bricks, on sale for a fiver...very clever...especially as they were basically taking the piss

Bill actually bought a painting himself costing around £40,000 by his favourite artist, got bored with it and cut it up, selling off the pieces, people bought them because they were his rather than the artists...i'm not sure how much he got back, but still - it did challenge the art 'idealism'...

anyhow, i know little about art, but i know what I like, and if its original, and authentic then hey its fine by me...the KLF art genuine artists, and what they do (did) is genius

i like what Underworld and Tomato do, as a collective, especially, art & music, moving images, its taking art in new directions...at least its unique and not pretentious bollocks

still the 'is it art' will continue, and will do every year the Turner prize runs, maybe I should give up and become a dustman, and sell my 'finds' to art galleries

Mattval1