Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moaner question (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9582)

TheBang 12-01-2008 02:29 PM

Moaner question

I was wondering, was "Moaner" written specifically for Batman & Robin, the way "Oh" and "8 Ball" were for their respective movies? Does anyone know?

Also, I wonder if the band, flush off their breakout success with Trainspotting, was all excited at the prospect of being included in a "big ticket" project like Batman & Robin? And then when they saw the movie, were they like, "oh crap..."

Champiness 12-01-2008 02:59 PM

Re: Moaner question

I'm pretty sure that Moaner began as a Batman-specific track. However, in that moment of horror in seeing George Clooney in all his rubber-nippled glory, fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger to the backing of their song, they decided to make it a Beaucoup Fish track.

Dirty0900 12-01-2008 03:32 PM

Glam Bucket was written for Sunshine but didnt make the cut.

holden 12-02-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champiness (Post 106489)
I'm pretty sure that Moaner began as a Batman-specific track. However, in that moment of horror in seeing George Clooney in all his rubber-nippled glory, fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger to the backing of their song, they decided to make it a Beaucoup Fish track.

LOL!

i get your drift. But if memory serves, "Moaner" plays during the motorcycle street race with Alicia "Clueless" Silverstone. It's also not audible enough to drown out the lousy dialog.

Flywaver 12-02-2008 06:38 AM

I read somewhere that Moaner came off the remix of U2s Mofo.
Maybe the infamous mix does sound like Moaner

holden 12-02-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 106488)
the way "Oh" and "8 Ball" were for their respective movies?

"8 Ball" i kind of figured was specifically for The Beach, esp. given the vibe of the other tracks on that ST.
But i didn't know "Oh" was specifically for "A Life Less Ordinary" - i have the soundtrack, and it's quite eclectic, and to me "Oh" sounds a bit of a throwaway? Were the boys really "inspired" by this so-so movie to write it?

//\/\/ 12-02-2008 08:39 AM

i always feel that 'moaner' feels like an add-on to bf

crank 12-02-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flywaver (Post 106520)
I read somewhere that Moaner came off the remix of U2s Mofo.
Maybe the infamous mix does sound like Moaner

yes it came out of that do a forum search.

gaborez 12-02-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by //\/\/ (Post 106524)
i always feel that 'moaner' feels like an add-on to bf

agreed - i'm pretty sure moaner was out long before BF, (and before the kittens download?), so when BF was released moaner was a bit of an old track stuck on the end. i recall lots of us on the forum also being a bit disappointed that it fades out early to fit on the cd... :)

Champiness 12-02-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 106519)
LOL!

i get your drift. But if memory serves, "Moaner" plays during the motorcycle street race with Alicia "Clueless" Silverstone. It's also not audible enough to drown out the lousy dialog.

Apologies; I was just trying to make a general statement about the film.