Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   headset. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Roskilde Festival (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3427)

mark3 05-09-2006 02:34 PM

Roskilde Festival

Anyone going this year?

A friend offered me a ticket for the Roskilde Festival - I just have to do a few hours of voluntary work such as checking tickets and wristbands.. easy stuff...no cleaning toilets or the like.

But the line-up is, well, I don't know, not really that convincing. Or rather, I don't know the majority of the bands playing this year.

Should I go?

Winston 05-09-2006 09:50 PM

Re: Roskilde Festival

yeah, you should go

festival = booze, music and chica's

cured 05-09-2006 10:32 PM

festivals are fun...who cares if the line-up isn't what you'd want it to be...maybe you can catch someone that you haven't heard before and come away a fan!

I'd go if I were you.

mkb 05-10-2006 06:55 AM

ryuichi sakamoto? i'd be there just for him

mark3 05-10-2006 02:35 PM

Actually, the line-up is really important for me. I've been to Roskilde four times, first time in 1993, but now - being an old fart - I really want the music to be worth it, if I should go. The thought of sleeping in a urine-stinking tent camp is no longer 'fun', but if the music is really good, I can live with it. :D
People here on this board seem to have an endless knowledge about music - that's why I was looking for some suggestions on what to check out before decicing to go or not, although I agree you are likely to discover some brilliant music once you're there... :)

Damn, I'm getting old... :eek:

dubman 05-10-2006 03:39 PM

damn, lots of names i know but few of them particularly exciting.

there's villalobos, nordstrom, sigur ros, silver jews.

the only one i'd consider umissable would be animal collective

Ally 05-10-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark3
The thought of sleeping in a urine-stinking tent camp

You really cane it then? ;)

Ally 05-10-2006 11:30 PM

In seriousness though, I'd go and do as the others are saying above; have a discovery experience of a load of acts you don't know. It's what I've found myself doing the last couple of years at Leeds festival due to the lineup being so bad of late. Also worth taking a couple of recommendations or even better going finger to the wind and acquiring some music by acts playing, that way you know which of the new stuff you're going to hear that you like, and there will always be pieces of music you know getting played.
Also, what's the night-time activity like at Roskilde?

//\/\/ 05-11-2006 02:37 AM

Quote:

Also, what's the night-time activity like at Roskilde?
it's in denmark ;)

mark3 05-11-2006 06:02 AM

The last bands usually play till 3 in the morning and thereafter you can't really do anything else but go back to your tent and drink, drink, drink.
There's shit to do in Roskilde itself, which is quite small, but hardcore partiers may get on a bus to Copenhagen which is only 30 minutes away.