Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   mmm skyscraper i love you (the last 3 minutes) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17338)

hypeless 01-10-2011 10:46 AM

mmm skyscraper i love you (the last 3 minutes)

always been curious - does the bit comprising of the last three minutes and change have a separate name?

TheBang 01-10-2011 12:10 PM

Re: mmm skyscraper i love you (the last 3 minutes)

It's a manipulation of a song called "Can U Feel Me?" which is a MKI/MKII-ish song (in the way M.E. is). The full song made its way onto a MKII demo DAT tape, but never an official MKII release. It also appeared on a MKI demo tape.

the-star-samurai 01-10-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 148681)
It's a manipulation of a song called "Can U Feel Me?" which is a MKI/MKII-ish song (in the way M.E. is). The full song made its way onto a MKII demo DAT tape, but never an official MKII release. It also appeared on a MKI demo tape.

Did not know that! I've always loved listening to the last 3 minutes~

hypeless 01-10-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 148681)

Thanks for the history lesson! Gave "Can U Feel Me?" another good listen - can't believe I never picked up on that before. Awesome.

Champiness 01-11-2011 08:45 AM

I just always called it "Skyscraper Coda". I know about that demo track, though.

Mike 01-11-2011 12:57 PM

Ah yes, Can U Feel Me, reminds me of Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal :P

unwound floors 01-11-2011 05:53 PM

I'd let Karl Hyde feel me.

ndrwrld 01-11-2011 06:43 PM

while he was kneeling before me, he signed my UW Adidas kicks.
true story.

bryantm3 01-11-2011 07:23 PM

what happened to the post where someone wrote it's called "what would genesis do?". i wish we could "like" posts on here. :p

to me it's the same song, it's permanently part of skyscraper... to me it's the second "movement" in skyscraper. it does have some things in common with "can u feel me?" but to me it's different enough that it's a section of music in its own right rather than an instrumental version of can u feel me, sort of like cherry pie versus rowla or ansum versus little speaker.

Dirty0900 01-12-2011 04:58 PM

Cups/Pens