Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18026)

Troy McClure 06-24-2014 12:24 AM

Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset

Everyone stop what your doing and check out the shop page! Dubno...

Deluxe 5 CD boxset (info taken from the shop page)
released on 6th October 2014. Includes previously unreleased material and rare alternate mixes alongside the record’s original companion singles and remixes and a 50 page book containing memorabilia and new artworks by tomato.

CD1// 1. Dark & Long / 2. Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You / 3.Surfboy / 4.Spoonman / 5.Tongue / 6.Dirty Epic / 7.Cowgirl / 8.River Of Bass / 9.M.E .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD2 // 1.The Hump (Wild Beast) / 2.Eclipse / 3. Rez/ 4. Dirty / 5. Dirty Guitar / 6.Dark & Long (Hall's Edit) / 7.Dark & Long (Dark Train) / 8.Spikee .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD3 // 1.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (Jam Scraper) / 2.Cowgirl (Irish Pub In Kyoto Mix) / 3.Dark & Long (Most 'Ospitable Mix) / 4.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (Telegraph 16.11.92) / 5. Dark & Long (Burts Mix) / 6.Dogman Go Woof / 7. Dark & Long (Thing In A Book Mix) .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD4 // 1.Concord (3 Comp75 id9 A1771 Aug 93A) / 2.Dark & Long (1st ruff id3 A1551 2) / 3. Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (A1765 Sky Version id4. Harmone6 COMP43) / 4.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (After sky id6 1551 2) / 5.Can You Feel Me? (from A4796) / 6. Birdstar (A1558 Nov 92B.1) / 7.Dirty Epic (Dirty Ambi Piano A1764 Oct 91) / 8. Spoonman (version1 A1559 Nov92) / 9.Organ (Eclipse version from A4796) / 10.Cowgirl (Alt Cowgirl C69 Mix from A1564) .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... //

CD5 - LIVE JAM KYME RD // 1. Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You / 2.Improv 1 / 3.Bigmouth / 4.Improv 2 / 5.Big Meat Show / 6.Improv 3 / 7.Spoonman

AND

a BluRay Disc for sale.

http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/

saintrik 06-24-2014 01:00 AM

Re: 6/23 tease

https://dyxryu42swxi6.cloudfront.net...7AIHK4CDSZIB2Q

Good lord.

jetpig 06-24-2014 01:06 AM

It's everything -1 dreamed and more! Time to get a blu-ray drive. Also the 5 cd thing...

Most interesting is the pre-order for that show... curious to see the full news release. Dont miss the front page of the website!

Troy McClure 06-24-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetpig (Post 156675)
It's everything -1 dreamed and more! Time to get a blu-ray drive. Also the 5 cd thing...

Most interesting is the pre-order for that show... curious to see the full news release. Dont miss the front page of the website!

Can't wait to crank up the BluRay to 11. This definitely is a huge thrill.

The 5 CD set is definitely for the life long fan in all of us. So much stuff.

Thank you Underworld.

fastone 06-24-2014 02:15 AM

...and a live performance at the South Bank.....excellent day today

fastone 06-24-2014 02:17 AM

...ooops
details here http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/sup...&utm_campaign=[E]Underworldann24/6/14&utm_content=version_A

purlieu 06-24-2014 02:43 AM

Gonna be the first to say "shame it doesn't have all the b-sides and remixes from the era" - although this is blatantly for time reasons (the remaining Dark & Long versions would pretty much fill another CD for a start). Otherwise, pretty great. Cannot wait to hear CD4 in particular.

Troy McClure 06-24-2014 02:45 AM

The press release is up too on their page and Facebook:

http://www.underworldlive.com/news/2...-issue-show-2/

To coincide with the re-release of Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Underworld will play the album in full at a one-off show at London’s Royal Festival Hall on Saturday 11th October 2014. This show will offer fans a unique chance to see Underworld in one of the capital’s most iconic venues playing this classic album in its entirety for the first time. Tickets cost £35/£30 and are on general sale from 4th July.

AND

Dubnobasswithmyheadman is the first remastered work to be released, there are plans in place to remaster and reissue all of the Underworld’s studio albums in the next few years.

Troy McClure 06-24-2014 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purlieu (Post 156679)
Gonna be the first to say "shame it doesn't have all the b-sides and remixes from the era" - although this is blatantly for time reasons (the remaining Dark & Long versions would pretty much fill another CD for a start). Otherwise, pretty great. Cannot wait to hear CD4 in particular.

That's true, but persoanlly I'd rather have something like CD4 and CD5 then something that was already released.

The press release says CD5 is 'previously unreleased live rehearsal recorded in the band's home studio in 1993'

Jason

khouri 06-24-2014 02:59 AM

Fantastic news. A better reissue package than we could have reasonably hoped, not to mention the live show (which I will buy tickets for even though I've no idea whether I can travel to England or not).

It's astonishing to learn there's that much unreleased/alt material from the era considering how much they put out at the time. The album proper, the Dirty Epic, Cowgirl, Dark & Long singles plus Spikee/Dogman and the LI stuff and yet there's still more we haven't heard. What an astonishingly fertile era for the band. I hope that revisiting it has inspired Rick and Karl to write more together.

scary man 06-24-2014 03:15 AM

This is all wonderful news!

Please tell me the RFH is not seating only.

kontakt1968 06-24-2014 03:20 AM

This is a dream come true hope i get tickets too:)

fastone 06-24-2014 04:29 AM

"This is all wonderful news!

Please tell me the RFH is not seating only."

It is

bazwint 06-24-2014 04:36 AM

Re: Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset

At last... a change to the setlist

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be (groan) :)

scary man 06-24-2014 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastone (Post 156685)
"This is all wonderful news!

Please tell me the RFH is not seating only."

It is

Tt.

Lx_Nen 06-24-2014 05:45 AM

5CD set and blu-ray on order. Very nice looking set, and it hasn't *quite* made all my import CD singles obsolete.

Kyme Road, eh? As I was a Romford lad back in the 90s, I always wondered where Lemonworld actually was - looks like it was somewhere here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.57...b4h5RD0Ezg!2e0

See you all at the gig!

holden 06-24-2014 06:24 AM

Very cool! Definitely excited about discs 4 and 5. And the gig! STITI and BF boxsets for their 20th? Very interested:)

ThingInABook 06-24-2014 06:29 AM

sorry guys, i'm about to bring a bit of a happysad story:

i just recieved my canadian visa, so i need to save money. me, being the hysterical underworld fan i am, i honestly LUST for that boxset, so i'm willing to sacrifice the $150+ needed to pay for the records and for the shipping.

the problem is that i might not be able to listen to the whole thing, since all my records and players will end in storage until i can ship them from chile to canada. and that means a year and even more to settle down there. a boxset that big will take more than 2 months to land here (chilean post is the worst ever) and i might leave during january.

i'm in a bit of a disyuntive here, you see: i can order the boxset, even if it's a bit of a waste of money, because i need it for my travel things. but the thought is i might not be able to enjoy it until my things arrive from home. i would love to know if the boxset is a limited edition. because if it is limited, i'm screwed :(

negative1 06-24-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetpig (Post 156675)

well, i ordered the deluxe set.

but there's always room for improvement:
==============================
- where are the videos?

- what happened to the rest of the mixes that are missing?

definitely glad to see more demos and live tracks on discs 4 and 5.

the bluray audio will be cool too. but i doubt it is a 5.1 mix,
probably just stereo.

cool, they are doing this, and hopeful for second toughest in
the infants.

later

nelfun5 06-24-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

To coincide with the re-release of Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Underworld will play the album in full at a one-off show at London's Royal Festival Hall on Saturday 11th October 2014.
Since it's the original version they will play, Darren Emerson might be there as well or am I completely raving mad?

nelfun5 06-24-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastone (Post 156685)
"Please tell me the RFH is not seating only."

It is

An Underworld seated concert? Worst nightmare I can imagine.

Let me get it straight: Dubnobasswithmyheadman is my favorite electronic music album. I would go to space to enjoy a full performed show of it and I didn't even dare to hope UW would make that happen one day. That said, I probably won't attend the RFH concert if it is seating only.

I have seen them performing live four times and these concerts always provided me fantastic feelings, both mentally and physically. My first UW gig in Riga (2006) was an exctatic experience I will never forget.
Not being able to dance on their act would be a real torture as their music live is for me all about dancing: enjoying the music with every part of your flesh.

I understand that this one show is more a kind of anniversary ceremony than a festival gig but I can't help but think that making it seating only is doing the wrong tribute to one of the most acclaimed Techno music albums of all time.

Karl, Rick, don't you agree?

jetpig 06-24-2014 09:04 AM

5 cd set ordered blu ray will be soon and MAYBE even the vinyl. Now to see if it's economically feasible to get the two of us to London...

Spooky Shoes 06-24-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThingInABook (Post 156691)
. because if it is limited, i'm screwed :(

Not necessarily, I've seen a few of the Barking boxes in record shops, don't think that I would have any bother getting another one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scary man (Post 156683)
Please tell me the RFH is not seating only.

Fairly sure it is. Could make filming a bit easier, if that were to happen.

5 CD ordered, am debating Vinyl/Bluray atm.

testudo 06-24-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelfun5 (Post 156693)
Since it's the original version they will play, Darren Emerson might be there as well or am I completely raving mad?

I thought the same thing... especially since Darren is all over the promotional photos in the email for thsi, etc...

Andrea 06-24-2014 12:55 PM

Oh, great news! Now I can at least dream of seeing him dance live in the near future.
How many membership fees are needed to get to the first row ´you think? Is it even possible?

Generous track listing but I miss the Born Slippy Jam.
Why is it so hard to add that to the CD5? Or will it have its own anniversary?

Dunwho 06-24-2014 01:33 PM

Hi everyone!

This is fantastic news! I am trying to figure out if I should get the 5CD set but the art on the box alone is probably going to sell it for me.

I am definitely ordering the vinyl however. That is the one album I do not have on vinyl and I have never really wanted to dish out the 60e that a lot of traders are asking for. I also like the idea that I purchased it at a time I was actively following the band rather than a retrospectively... I was barely 6 when the album came out originally.

It is great to have so much activity recently with Karl doing so much with Eno and now this.

I think a trip to London may be on the books.... :)

scary man 06-24-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelfun5 (Post 156694)

Let me get it straight: Dubnobasswithmyheadman is my favorite electronic music album. I would go to space to enjoy a full performed show of it and I didn't even dare to hope UW would make that happen one day. That said, I probably won't attend the RFH concert if it is seating only.

I have seen them performing live four times and these concerts always provided me fantastic feelings, both mentally and physically. My first UW gig in Riga (2006) was an exctatic experience I will never forget.
Not being able to dance on their act would be a real torture as their music live is for me all about dancing: enjoying the music with every part of your flesh.

I understand that this one show is more a kind of anniversary ceremony than a festival gig but I can't help but think that making it seating only is doing the wrong tribute to one of the most acclaimed Techno music albums of all time.

Karl, Rick, don't you agree?

Fuck it.

I'm going.

I'm dancing!

Dunwho 06-24-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThingInABook (Post 156691)
sorry guys, i'm about to bring a bit of a happysad story:

i just recieved my canadian visa, so i need to save money. me, being the hysterical underworld fan i am, i honestly LUST for that boxset, so i'm willing to sacrifice the $150+ needed to pay for the records and for the shipping.

the problem is that i might not be able to listen to the whole thing, since all my records and players will end in storage until i can ship them from chile to canada. and that means a year and even more to settle down there. a boxset that big will take more than 2 months to land here (chilean post is the worst ever) and i might leave during january.

i'm in a bit of a disyuntive here, you see: i can order the boxset, even if it's a bit of a waste of money, because i need it for my travel things. but the thought is i might not be able to enjoy it until my things arrive from home. i would love to know if the boxset is a limited edition. because if it is limited, i'm screwed :(

I wonder if it is possible for you to have the box set delivered to someone on here who lives in Canada or the states? Then you could have them send it to your new address in Canada?

Also congrats on the Canada visa!
:D

TheBang 06-24-2014 02:43 PM

FYI, I received clarification that the Blu-ray is high-res stereo. No multi-channel mix.

testudo 06-24-2014 02:58 PM

Wish they just released a SUPER set that included Blu-ray, Vinyl and 5CD

I just ended up ordering all of these ala carte. :)

Troy McClure 06-24-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 156708)
FYI, I received clarification that the Blu-ray is high-res stereo. No multi-channel mix.

Any idea if they will be a video component to the Blu-ray? Either way, still ordering it.

Thanks,

Jason

cdave2 06-24-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelfun5 (Post 156694)

Sounds as if there will be seats, but that doesn't mean anyone's going to be seated. :)

Very envious of those who can be there. Unfortunately my budget and remaining time off work won't allow it. I'll be in Milwaukee instead listening to Gladys Knight from the front row, so take that ya suckers! ;)

Good luck to those of you trying for tickets!

negative1 06-24-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 156700)
Oh, great news! Now I can at least dream of seeing him dance live in the near future.
How many membership fees are needed to get to the first row ´you think? Is it even possible?

Generous track listing but I miss the Born Slippy Jam.
Why is it so hard to add that to the CD5? Or will it have its own anniversary?

its from a later era.

probably will show up further on.

later

negative1 06-24-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy McClure (Post 156673)
Everyone stop what your doing and check out the shop page! Dubno...

CD3 4.Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You (Telegraph 16.11.92) ]

i wish the tracks were in actual chronological order.

also, this is a typo, and not a new mix..

the original has always been:
=====================
Mmm... Skyscraper I Love You--Telegraph 6.11.92

later

testudo 06-24-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative1 (Post 156715)
i wish the tracks were in actual chronological order.

also, this is a typo, and not a new mix..

Completely confused by the 5 CD set... it seems like there are lots of duplicate tracks across the CDs, can anyone please explain this

kagenaki koe 06-24-2014 08:53 PM

When they announced there would be a Blu Ray release, i thought it would be Footwear Repairs........

i'm ordering the 5cd and vinyl as soon as i get paid this week.:D

lectoid 06-24-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testudo (Post 156709)
Wish they just released a SUPER set that included Blu-ray, Vinyl and 5CD

THIS! I want it all.

TheBang 06-24-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testudo (Post 156716)
Completely confused by the 5 CD set... it seems like there are lots of duplicate tracks across the CDs, can anyone please explain this

There's a formatting error on the underworldlive.com news item. The contents of Disc 3 are listed twice, one of which is under the Disc 2 contents.

lectoid 06-24-2014 09:10 PM

Also, any info on the Blu Ray? Will there be a menu or will it work just like a CD?

jose m 06-25-2014 03:01 AM

the RFH is seated but there's plenty of room to get up and dance if the spirit moves you.
re the boxset
cd 4 is made up of demos,work in progress,alternative mixes of varying quality and is unmissable ! :)
cd5 is a one take,straight from the desk,live rehearsal with improv's many old timers will recognise.

i've heard it all !:D