Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   moments. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Setlist - Summafieldayze, Gold Coast, 03.01.09 (Dirts going to GoldCoast Summadayze) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9684)

Badger 12-31-2008 03:52 PM

MEET UP : Fellow Dirts going to Gold Coast Summerfieldayze?

Who else is going to the Gold Coast gig this Saturday?

I'm spending an absolute fortune to go see Underworld again this weekend, including the weekend booked into a 5 star hotel. Well if you're going to jet round Oz to See Underworld play then do it in style i say!

BUT i am heading up by myself and I've never been to the Gold Coast before. It'd be really great if any fellow dirts that are going fancy doing a meetup so i'm not billy-no-mates? Message me hear on the boards and then i'll PM my mobile number and stuff to anyone who fancies it.

Matt

:)

Badger 01-01-2009 06:09 PM

Re: Fellow Dirts going to Gold Coast Summerfieldayze?

I may not have internet access so i'll post my mobile number here as i'll be flying up in a few hours.

Call or text Matt on 0423753662.

Badger 01-02-2009 05:16 PM

-SNIFFS- Do I smell or something?

:confused:

tuplang 01-03-2009 08:44 PM

Browsed the forums for a while but time for my first post.

I have to say for the last few years that I've been pining to see them live, Summafieldayze wasn't really my dream setup. but with a slightly alternative line up in some respects and a bit of rain I think there was minimal shirtless cokehead factor that is synonymous with summadayze tours usually... or maybe I've just learnt to block it out.

I have to say having been lucky enough to see a few other of what I consider classic must see acts, namely daft punk and chemical brothers in the last 12 months but being a little disappointed by completely predetermined (and repeated verbatim all tour) sets, the reality of an unpredictable Underworld set was all I hoped for an more. /long sentence.

This was what I got down in my phone...

Wasn't sure about the intro,
Rez/Cowgirl
King of Snake
Beautiful Burnout (so stoked about that one, I knew they hadn't been playing it in all there shows this year and its definitely a big favourite of mine)
Two Months Off
- I remember there being a track in here that i couldn't put a name to at the time
Pearls Girl
Born Slippy
Dark and Long (Dark Train) - probably the Nu Train version they have done this year i guess
A snippet of Mmmm skyscraper
Spikey
Moaner

I may have missed something or imagined it at the time so please correct that. For anyone who was there... I like to think I was the one noticeably having the best time ever right up the front (in A Hundred Days Off T-shirt - though I do hang crap on the concept of band t-shirts every other day of the year)

Badger 01-04-2009 03:37 AM

Setlist - Summafieldayze, Gold Coast, 03.01.09 (Dirts going to GoldCoast Summadayze)

Here we go, and all i can say is that the boys spoiled me over the two gigs i went to and i can't thank them enough for that. :D

Setlist:

Strumpet
Cowgirl/Rez/Cowgirl/Rez (exactly what it says on the tin: "everything, everything" samples over Rez start, then into Cowgirl in the middle breakdown of Rez, then back into Rez to finish!!)
King Of Snake
Beautiful Burnout
Two Months Off
A Small Conker And A Twix/You Do Scribble
Pearl's Girl
- Poem -
Born Slippy NUXX
New Train
mixed into (with Karl singin "Mmmn Skyscraper" Lyrics)
Moaner

The mix of the end of New Train into Moaner was great and i got a chill down my spine when Karl did me proud and sang "30,000 feet above the Earth..." just for a few lines before Moaner kicked and went mental.

Will do more of a review later I've just got back from the Gold Coast into Sydney and i'm very tired.

Once again a great performance even if the crowd was a bit of a strange one...more on that later.

Oh and Karl, Rick & Darren...THANK YOU.

:)

tuplang 01-04-2009 04:02 AM

Re: Setlist - Summafieldayze, Gold Coast, 03.01.09

I posted in here -> http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...ead.php?t=9673 earlier today. Did I imagine spikee (there's a big possibility)

What did you find weird about the crowd? I managed to be up the front surrounded by about 5 people who knew what they had come for. I was pretty stoked about that.

Badger 01-04-2009 04:15 AM

Yeah Spikee didn't get played.

Well i was up at the sound/mixing/lighting desk that was in the middle of the field and i was surrounded mainly by trance kids who had no idea who was playing or did know but were only waiting to hear Born Slippy, coz that's the only one they cared about. Which proved itself to be true when loads of them kept knocking into me to leave after Born Slippy had finished and New Train was starting up. Pi**ed me off no end. But that's the trouble with Australian festivals, half the kids there haven't got a clue about the music, they're just there to get pi**ed out of their skulls or get off their faces.

Sorry, enough of the rant. Wish i'd been up there with you from the sounds of things. :)

Badger 01-04-2009 04:17 AM

Sorry, i hadn't seen your setlist earlier but as you can see i had to be a trainspotter again. :o

tuplang 01-04-2009 04:27 AM

Unfortunately that is often the case and while I'm not always innocent I like to think I'm there for the music above all else. It's just a shame we don't pull the numbers for side shows to avoid dubious festival crowds.

That was probably my biggest fear - If I heard someone yell "play <this song>" it would have gone a long way to ruining my night.

As much as I was set on being up close, I do regret now that I didn't have such a good view of the whole set. However from what I've seen on Everything, Everything and other live recordings, the visuals tend to be more complimentary than centre of attention so I'm trying to convince myself I didn't miss anything too awe inspiring.

teapot 01-04-2009 10:52 AM

hi!
first time i'd seen underworld live, after being a fan for ages, and i have to say it was the greatest live show i have ever seen... new train, two months off, beautiful burnout were all incredible, but moaner floored me!!!

in regards to the setlist, my mate got given one by a roadie after underworld had finished... the first song was 'Strumpet' ...had'nt heard that one before...

james