Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drift Ep. 4, Part 6 - Border Country (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18602)

negative1 06-27-2019 12:14 PM

Re: Drift Ep. 4, Part 6 - Border Country

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flywaver (Post 166028)
I didnt say Border Country is fast.It sounds faster than 133bpm

maybe parts of it are faster, and the overall bpm just averages 133.

later

TheBang 06-27-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darmok (Post 166025)
When will Ep 4 be available to purchase? Next week?

Yes, the description says this is the final part of Episode 4, so the EP will be available next week.

joethelion 06-27-2019 04:09 PM

I've only had the chance to listen to this once so far today, but is it just me or does the first like minute and a half / two minutes sound a bit like "Confusing the Sun"?

(the Quazar / Karl Hyde track, which - surprisingly - is on iTunes now)

deepfriedbeans 06-27-2019 05:16 PM

I'm in love.

philth 06-27-2019 06:25 PM

Two thumbs up from me. (Or whatever the equivalent phrase might be in young person speak these days!)

darmok 06-27-2019 07:24 PM

Still blown away. Reminds me a bit of Oliver Lieb's work as LSG, in a really good way.

domsgotsideburns 06-27-2019 08:32 PM

this is one of the best DRIFT tracks so far, no doubt. it sits up there with Listen To Their No and Appleshine Continuum for me. the visceral and bombastic intensity is the mere reason as to why this track so great...it really does hark back to the STITI era, especially with that high BPM. an absolutely essential release.

in the scope of DRIFT episode 4, i'm floored by how challenging this one has been. we have a couple of the most accessible and profound tracks (Listen and Border Country), but they bookend some of the most decisive DRIFT material yet (Hundred Weight Hammer and Altitude Dub). i wonder what adjustments (if any) will surface on the collated episode because i've been so mesmerised by its prolific nature.

dubman 06-27-2019 09:09 PM

Frisson Level: Success

i also enjoy karl's goofy blurb

"people seem to like this live"

yeah man, glad we scientifically road-tested the mass reception to "what if underworld brought the fast techno back". was kind of an unknown quantity before...

darmok 06-27-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns (Post 166038)
in the scope of DRIFT episode 4, i'm floored by how challenging this one has been. we have a couple of the most accessible and profound tracks (Listen and Border Country), but they bookend some of the most decisive DRIFT material yet (Hundred Weight Hammer and Altitude Dub). i wonder what adjustments (if any) will surface on the collated episode because i've been so mesmerised by its prolific nature.

Absolutely the best one so far for me... Schiphol Test is beautiful and Hundred Weight Hammer is exactly the kind of Ring Road / Peggy Sussed / Bebop Hurry mess I love. Can't wait for the collated episode.

whatmakesustick 06-28-2019 01:21 AM

This deserves its own 12" release with some tasty remixes and an extended/full version, then it could take over Ibiza this summer (although I am a little biased!). Loving 5:47 when it kicks in again after the breakdown.

Oh, and I'm loving the Tron like video too.