Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Telematic Peal (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8952)

undarrenworld 06-16-2008 08:03 AM

Telematic Peal

Work in progress, do you like the new version more or older version?

BrotherLovesDub 06-16-2008 08:07 AM

Re: Telematic Peal

new version -vocal effect.

nosajmunson 06-16-2008 09:57 AM

Old version - simplicty is bliss

holden 06-16-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub (Post 97858)
new version -vocal effect.

Really? I think this ruins the lovely lyrics. The flange or chorus effect is at such a high frequency that many of the words are deemed indeciperable. Not that this is a new t hing for UW, but i can do without the chipmonk voice effect that sometimes results. The corolary of this is a track like "Puppies", where the detuning down a couple octaves makes Karl sound scary-deep bassy, rather than Telematic Peel, where the detuning shifts it up, almost like there's a female backing vocal.

So, the old for the simpler vocals, i guess i like the new beats and analog synthline.

Jan 06-16-2008 01:42 PM

= new version minus vocal effect
;)

BrotherLovesDub 06-16-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 97871)
Really? I think this ruins the lovely lyrics. The flange or chorus effect is at such a high frequency that many of the words are deemed indeciperable. Not that this is a new t hing for UW, but i can do without the chipmonk voice effect that sometimes results. The corolary of this is a track like "Puppies", where the detuning down a couple octaves makes Karl sound scary-deep bassy, rather than Telematic Peel, where the detuning shifts it up, almost like there's a female backing vocal.

So, the old for the simpler vocals, i guess i like the new beats and analog synthline.

i meant i prefer the new version minus the vocal effect.

potatobroth 06-16-2008 02:23 PM

Upon first listen I instantly favored the old. The new though has a certain charm to it and its grown on me considerably.

EP quality. Lets get em both!

holden 06-16-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub (Post 97875)
i meant i prefer the new version minus the vocal effect.

Oh! :o

starfox203 07-10-2008 10:51 PM

I've been listening to this a lot lately and think it's a really choice track. I like very much where it's heading and think it has some truly beautiful moments. I like the vocal effect much more now then on first listen, but it may go a bit overboard on the warping effects. Overall though, truly great. keep going.

undarrenworld 07-12-2008 08:32 AM

This song is very interesting, I like both versions, I think both have own special atmosphere...