Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   treatment. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   United 93 (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3277)

Future Proof 04-25-2006 08:37 AM

United 93

So... am I the only one that absolutely will not be going to see this?

You know that directors and screen writers around the world were huddled around the TV on 9/11, licking their chops and rubbing their hands (and other things) together, salivating over all of the money that they could make.

I think I'm going to d/l it via a torrent just to make a point. Will anybody be seeing this and as a proposal for dialog, am I the only one here disgusted over how little tact Hollywood's shown in realeasing this so soon after it happened? I mean, I know it's 5 years but the world wasn't reverberating from Pearl Harbor when Tora! Tora! Tora! or Pearl Harbor came out, not to nearly the extent that the world's still recoiling now from 9/11.

Malt Refund 04-25-2006 08:44 AM

Re: United 93

Yup I agree with ya, it's pretty disgusting.. I'm also hoping for a worldwide boycott. It's not even that it's too soon, I'd probably have no compulsion to put myself thru that stuff even 10 years from now. But who knows if the movie making business will even be around in 10 years.. gotta cash in now!

stimpee 04-25-2006 08:51 AM

When I see 9/11 stuff on TV I immediately switch off/over. I've seen and heard all I want to about it to last a lifetime and I'm certainly not interested in some Hollywood exec's version.

Sean 04-25-2006 08:53 AM

I can only imagine the brainstorming meetings they must have had to work out what the earliest "tasteful" release date might be.

This reminds me of something I saw happen at LAX a few years back. I was sitting at my gate, waiting to board my flight, when a middle aged lady slipped and fell as she walked by. People right near her immediately rushed over to lend a hand, except for one guy in particular. He rushed over from further away than anyone else only to hand her his business card before she was even back on her feet. Gotta love lawyers (sorry BB;) ). I guess some people will always just see other's misfortune as an opportunity to make a buck.

mmm skyscraper 04-25-2006 08:58 AM

someone should put together some clips from Man U's 93 season and upload that to the torrent sites

Was Michael Moore tactless for F 9/11?

Jason Roth 04-25-2006 09:03 AM

Not going either.

edit - Micheal Moore's F911 was completely different. He used actual footage, narrated, and drew conclusions. Even if you disagree with him, it's far better than making up what happened, which is the only way U93 could have been written.

negative1 04-25-2006 11:19 AM

i see nothing wrong with this movie..
in fact the family members helped out with it..

now, the twin towers movie by oliver stone..
now that might really be fiction, knowing what
he usually does to conspiracy theories..

later

mmm skyscraper 04-25-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Roth
edit - Micheal Moore's F911 was completely different. He used actual footage, narrated, and drew conclusions. Even if you disagree with him, it's far better than making up what happened, which is the only way U93 could have been written.

good point.

Anyone know the name of the Oliver Stone movie?

adam 04-25-2006 11:47 AM

I see nothing wrong with this. He got unanimous approval from the families involved. I understand your fear of it being exploitive, but, none of us having seen it, I don't think it's fair to make that accusation/assumption. There is nothing wrong with the subject matter itself. Everything depends on how it's handled, and we don't know that. From the interview with the director that I read, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Malt Refund 04-25-2006 12:09 PM

The Oliver Stone movie is simply titled "Twin Towers".. or at least that it's name at the moment. Like "Snakes on a Plane" it is subject to change based on what polls best.