Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Paul Van Dyk is a musical genius. How amazing will he make Diamond Jigsaw? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10972)

BrotherLovesDub 06-07-2010 08:37 AM

Paul Van Dyk is a musical genius. How amazing will he make Diamond Jigsaw?

Yes or no answers please.

BrotherLovesDub 06-07-2010 08:38 AM

Re: Paul Van Dyk is a piece of shit. Will he ruin Diamond Jigsaw?

No. I don't think it's going to end up sounding like a PVD track. Cheesy synth melodies may be his preferred working material and this could end up sounding very good.

Dirty0900 06-07-2010 08:40 AM

I don't know as I haven't heard it. He's remixed stuff in the past hasn't he? I think it'll be fine. Not going to judge till I hear it.

Seeing I hate downpipe, I'm not going to pass judgement on the other Mark Knight stuff that's a'coming.

Jason Roth 06-07-2010 08:48 AM

No?

Caprice 06-07-2010 09:00 AM

No.

purlieu 06-07-2010 09:03 AM

Quite possibly.

ThingInABook 06-07-2010 09:10 AM

no. because it's still underworld before PVD. perhaps it'll turn into a trance-fest.

i hope it doesn't turn into a cheesetrancefest. PVD was pretty decent before becoming popular.

bazwint 06-07-2010 09:49 AM

No. Probably right up his street.

I reckon Dubfire is the dogs' if you like prog, by the way. Really looking forward to that.

King of Snake 06-07-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub (Post 122773)
No. I don't think it's going to end up sounding like a PVD track. Cheesy synth melodies may be his preferred working material and this could end up sounding very good.

well what I think Diamond Jigsaw is probably the most fitting track for him to be working on because it's kinda happy/cheesy/trancy in the first place.
I trust Underworld's judgement in picking the people they work with but we'll have to wait and see.

Dunwho 06-07-2010 11:58 AM

YES. By the sounds of Scribble they have given their collabs a lot of control over the sounds and I wouldnt be suprised if this whole album is going to sound like a compilation rather than a cohesive sound.

And they are NOT remixes... i would say all the artists have a lot of creative control and as a result it will sound at least a little bit like PvD... so if you dont like PvD I wouldnt be very optomistic.

I wonder when Underworld are going to release their first album since Oblivion with Bells.. cus it isnt happening this year by the sounds of it!