Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   craft. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Everybody Was Euro-Dancing (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10631)

froopy seal 01-17-2010 02:03 PM

Everybody Was Euro-Dancing

Shame on me, I made a Eurodance mix:
http://www.kraasbackje.com/2010/01/1...-euro-dancing/

holden 01-17-2010 03:51 PM

Re: Everybody Was Euro-Dancing

There are some absolute gems in that tracklist!
I'm very tempted to download because rhythm, in fact, is a dancer and i like to move it move it :)

King of Snake 01-18-2010 06:16 AM

haha nice tracklist

froopy seal 01-19-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 118809)
There are some absolute gems in that tracklist!
I'm very tempted to download because rhythm, in fact, is a dancer and i like to move it move it :)

Oi, now there's a frood who knows where his towel's at! :D

Thanks to the both of you! I'm happy that you take an interest in the mix. It took quite a while and endells pain to the ears to go through those Giga-piles of 90s trash with only so much as the occasional ray of hope in between. [/self-pity] Ah, wth, it WAS a bit fun, too. :)

I should add, maybe, that the tracklist is quite "Teuto-centric", i.e., I chose the tracks based on their popularity in Germany at the time, and lots of the tracks contain German "lyrics", a.k.a., samples.

polar_action 01-20-2010 09:50 AM

This did make me smile...

"Everybody knew Eurodance was a plague. And everybody danced along anyway.

Listen to a mix of some of the most abominable, yet perversely seducing, electronic gems from the early to mid-90s:"

:)

stimpee 01-21-2010 06:37 AM

Fuck me, what an awful mix. Or rather, im sure the mixing from track to track is impeccable. But i'd rather drink paint than listen to this. I lived through this once and the scars are only just healing. This has no ironic / kitsch value for me. Just pain. If this is a cry for help you just have to say, and we'll send you some decent music.

Call me a music snob if you like but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Leon 01-21-2010 07:46 AM

Although I find the music awful, I grew up with it so this mix is pure nostalgia. But I can't listen to it more than once, and I skip regularly :P

King of Snake 01-21-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee (Post 118877)
Fuck me, what an awful mix. Or rather, im sure the mixing from track to track is impeccable. But i'd rather drink paint than listen to this. I lived through this once and the scars are only just healing. This has no ironic / kitsch value for me. Just pain. If this is a cry for help you just have to say, and we'll send you some decent music.

You sir, are a music snob.
You know who else was a music snob?

HITLER!!!

froopy seal 01-21-2010 10:42 AM

Thanks for the, err, praise, guys. Nostalgia is what I had in mind, too. And maybe there's even one or two songs which... No, no, no, stupid thought! Stupid! Pull yourself together, man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee (Post 118877)

You miserable old music snob! ;) In fact, I regard that thumbs-down as a confirmation that I hit the nail right on the head. :D

However, maybe that cry-for-help theory of yours isn't that far off the mark, Dr. Steve...

froopy seal 01-21-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Snake (Post 118885)
You sir, are a music snob.
You know who else was a music snob?

HITLER!!!

Nooooooeeeeesssssss! You, you, you... hater! The "SS" on his jacket even stood for "super smooth".