Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Interviews (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10212)

frazh 08-08-2009 02:15 PM

New Interviews

West Coast Sound Interviews Underworld - LA Weekly
On new material... "In the new year more RiverRun series releases will start to roll out. It's a different way of working towards what might be an album later next year.

Underworld Are Proud to Be Deadheads - Spinner
On Bootlegging, "We always thought as long as people didn't sell them, make money from them, we were never having a problem with people making their own recordings."

Underworld at Hard Summer 2009 - Los Angeles Times
On new gear.. "Basically, we have a modular system of seven Apple computers running Ableton and various software plug-ins all clocked off a central tempo control. Customized Kenton midi-clock interfaces allow us to stop and start any module at any point without losing a beat. We've finally replaced our original Roland 909 drum machine with the D16 software program Drumazon as well."

Q&A with Karl Hyde of Underworld - Los Vegas Sun
On what's next... "Primarily, Rick and I are focused on writing, finishing the recording for new releases next year and then coming back with a major tour next year."

An Apple a day for British techno duo Underworld - San Francisco Examiner
On iPod shuffle... “one of the greatest pieces of software known to man, because it randomizes your music like a good radio show.”

Dirty0900 08-08-2009 02:23 PM

Re: New Interviews

Awesome find, tons of new nuggets there.

TheBang 08-09-2009 03:11 AM

Underworld prepares to rock HARD this weekend

qirex 08-09-2009 04:29 PM

He has two kids? whowouldaknown
“So my whole house is Apple, my two kids have grown up with nothing but Apple, I’ve got no complaints at all,” he says. “I’m a very happy customer.”

Champiness 08-10-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qirex (Post 114575)
He has two kids? whowouldaknown
“So my whole house is Apple, my two kids have grown up with nothing but Apple, I’ve got no complaints at all,” he says. “I’m a very happy customer.”

Well, I'm pretty sure that Karl's two daughters came up with the title "You Do Scribble". So, yeah, he has kids.

//\/\/ 08-10-2009 08:46 AM

good of west coast sound to insert the lager song as well - brilliant stuff!!!!

Dirty0900 08-10-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champiness (Post 114620)
Well, I'm pretty sure that Karl's two daughters came up with the title "You Do Scribble". So, yeah, he has kids.

Yer at the Roundhouse 4 gig, there seemed to be some youngsters grooving at the side of the stage. Must keep it in the family.

frazh 08-11-2009 03:05 PM

Underworld Interview :: Interview with Karl Hyde - URB

URB: In concert, you always have a video camera with which you project the audience onto the stage. What happens with that video? Do you save it? I heard you’re having a contest where fans can submit clips that could be played in their cities.

KH: We’re still talking about how it. I didn’t know that information was out. So, well done! I like being pushed. Are you living in my garden shed? Yes, we’re planning on using fan-made videos during the show. We’ve been putting some backstage footage online as well, everything from audience shots to some obscure stuff, which we wonder about putting out. Occasionally, you get an exhibitionist, so you have to cut away. Unless it’s an exhibitionist the audience wants to see more of.

frazh 08-11-2009 03:17 PM

An Interview with Karl Hyde from Underworld - July 2009 - Fazer

hmmm...to heal in toronto tonight?

---

Mike: ‘To Heal’. Is that a song that you guys play live?

Karl: Which track?

‘To Heal’, it was on the umm…

Karl: Oh ‘To Heal!’ Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Mike: Yeah it was on the Sunshine soundtrack.

Karl: Y’know we haven’t played that one live, we could, we certainly could, we certainly could but we haven’t. I don’t know why really…

frazh 08-11-2009 03:20 PM

Clubplanet Interviews Underworld - Clubplanet

Clubplanet: Do you guys think you’ll be in the East Coast anytime soon?

Karl Hyde: There’s talk about coming back to the East Coast, but we want to come back to the US next year with a bigger tour. A more complete tour across America. By bus, because that’s the way to tour America, where you can get off on truck stops, and see deserts and see the countryside. If we don’t come back to the East Coast this year, then it’ll be because we’re planning a bigger tour there next year.