Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New stuff in the coming months? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10172)

Dirty0900 07-27-2009 11:39 AM

New stuff in the coming months?

From Digital Spy:

Underworld have suggested that they may continue to avoid the "restrictive" album format when they release their new material later this year.

Frontman Karl Hyde told The Glade Programme that the group had taken advantage of the sale of non-album downloads and CDs through the UnderworldLive project.

Hyde said: "We're in the process of releasing material at the moment.
"We've always thought from our early days that the album format was very restrictive, so we started releasing 12-inches, putting stuff out on download and selling material five minutes after we came off stage."

He added: "It's really liberated us and freed us up. So when I say releasing I've no idea what format it's going to take. All I know is that we've got some really good material and it's going to be coming out over the next month."

BrotherLovesDub 07-27-2009 12:10 PM

Re: New stuff in the coming months?

I love Underworld's attitude about the shift in the music business. I could care less what format their music comes out on as long as they're pursuing their interests and I get to enjoy the fruits of that labor, i'm happy.

Mike 07-27-2009 12:14 PM

I like the idea of the River Run type formats, but i would prefer an EP release if albums are too restrcitive - where you can group similar stuff together. a bit like the Dark and Long & Pearls Girl EPs with a nice selection of good quality tracks, not just ambient b-side filler.

negative1 07-27-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 113409)
I like the idea of the River Run type formats, but i would prefer an EP release if albums are too restrcitive - where you can group similar stuff together. a bit like the Dark and Long & Pearls Girl EPs with a nice selection of good quality tracks, not just ambient b-side filler.

amen!

later

BrotherLovesDub 07-27-2009 01:20 PM

One mans filler is another mans killer.

negative1 07-27-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub (Post 113414)
One mans filler is another mans killer.

on an unrelated note (i really need to stop doing that),
apple and other record labels are 'trying' to bring back
the 'album'..

what's up with that? and no, i dont' think it will help
sell that rumored tablet either...

just to get back on topic.... i've always liked underworlds
non-album output more than the albums (with the exception
of dubnobasswithmyheadman, and second toughest in the infants)..

so, are they really doing something different?

no, it's more of a return to their usual ways..to me..

later

taoyoyo 07-27-2009 04:12 PM

I'm happy with this tactic (would prefer it if wav downloads were available of everything that gets released though).

Dunwho 07-27-2009 04:57 PM

Whatever it is... all im absolutely chuffered about is the "over the next month" part!!!

Holy b'jesus is this for real!?

big screen satellite 07-28-2009 12:53 AM

Underworld were made for the dancefloors, and that's where they are heading back to imo...

we need some more big 'bangers'

the 'kids' need to go out and buy some decent dance tunes, UW are those Grandad's handing out the sweets...

gaborez 07-28-2009 02:19 AM

not sure if this is a repost - and it's not new uw material as such - but here's a new mix of TMO by pete tong for wonderland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJspHamsJcU

at least i think it's new? :)