Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   moments. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Peel Session at Maida Vale (2003-12-10) (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9236)

Futuregrapher 08-29-2008 11:51 AM

The Peel Session at Maida Vale (2003-12-10)

...an OLD one, I know. But I heard this session for the first time some days ago and I loved it.

What a set! And being a big fan of 'TRIM', I loved hearing the live version that was played in the show. 7.20 minutes long - a good orgasm for the week.

Being able to hear this and some other shows just makes me proud being a dirt. AND makes me happy that I actually have the brains to like Underworld's music. :p

However... There are some "unknown" tracks in the set. Gems, imo.
But I think that track nr. 6 in the set is actually a nice jam of 'Cups'.

Those who have this wonderful session; check it out.

Have a nice weekend...
/fg.

TheBang 08-29-2008 10:58 PM

Re: The Peel Session at Maida Vale (2003-12-10)

Well, it's not Cups. It's a standard "improv" bridge piece that they used in most of the AHDO shows.

Futuregrapher 08-30-2008 03:03 AM

But with the 'Cups' main end-sample. So how come it is not a jam version of it?

TheBang 08-30-2008 11:44 AM

Meh, I'll have to listen to it again, but can't till next week.

Jan 08-30-2008 12:40 PM

I also love that improv! It reminds me alot of AirtowelJam from the old uwlive.

beh 08-30-2008 04:02 PM

Don't know if it's kosher to ask but I will anyway... I lost my copy after a computer switch a few years back (about the only thing that didn't make the transition). Can anyone upload? Pretty please!

I did make a copy a while ago for some friends (who now live out of town) and remember how great it was (Luetin!) and still have great memories of listening to it with my friends mentioned above while driving from our hotel to Coachella a few years back (I think Underworld played that night, so 2004?).

bh

PS. Because of this I just put Luetin (album version) on!

Jan 08-30-2008 04:20 PM

It's on the RTSR tracker. ;)

thee carp dreamer 09-03-2008 01:24 PM

ah yes i remember recording this one and chatting on here as it was being aired. the stuff of legends. they should have unquestionably released the highlights of this show (i.e. luetin, trim, etc) as a peel session

joethelion 09-04-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thee carp dreamer (Post 101326)
ah yes i remember recording this one and chatting on here as it was being aired. the stuff of legends. they should have unquestionably released the highlights of this show (i.e. luetin, trim, etc) as a peel session

yea!

that was like ... one of the first few live UW internet broadcasts
or at least - that was one of the first few where it was more like a specific 'event' if that makes any sense

I remember looking like a massive tool, blasting the music from my speakers and doing a bit of a dance as I was walking into the kitchen to get a soda. While I was in there - my roommate came into the apartment (I couldn't see him from the kitchen)

right then the transition into TMO came on (where it's that distorted Japanese (maybe?) vocal) and he freaked out ... as he didn't know I was there

...he said it sounded like aliens were coming to suck out his brains

DoctorRad 09-05-2008 05:48 AM

It's a great show, I just wish they'd done DA3D as part of it. The version of Two Months off was absolutely killer, wonderfully spacey.

Dr. Matt...