Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18700)

kontakt1968 06-12-2020 04:14 AM

RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 479

DRIFT was released as a sampler and a super deluxe, eight-disc box set that sold out on release.

Responding to both demand and many people’s changed circumstances, the package has been remodelled for a new compact edition that contains all of the original CDs and accompanying BluRay along with a perfect bound, 50-page book and a previously unreleased, hour-long recording of Rick’s DRIFT pre-show set recorded live before Underworld’s show at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on November 23rd 2019.

There’s never been a better time to explore DRIFT.

Box set purchase links:

Amazon (US): https://amzn.to/3lvcXAR
Amazon (UK): https://amzn.to/3hIen91

The new box set does not include any digital download codes inside. If you purchase the box set at Underworld's Bandcamp or Store, you will also receive a code to download 24-48 hi-res files on Bandcamp and a PDF of the original 80-page Drift Series 1 book.

RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience is also separately available to purchase digitally here.

If you purchased the original box set, the Additional Download bundle has been updated to include Rick's set. If you already redeemed your download code earlier, there's no need to dig it out again. Just go to:

https://redeem.thesoundofvinyl.com/

Click Login in the upper-right corner, and after logging in, you will see the link to your download again without having to re-enter the code. The new download filename is "DRIFT_Boxset-extras_June2020_FIXED.zip"

Japan Release Date: September 14, 2020
UK Release Date: September 18, 2020
EU Release Date: September 25, 2020
US Release Date: October 2, 2020

---------------------------

Link to store shows what Looks like new version of drift boxset with extra disc RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam)

crank 06-12-2020 08:37 AM

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019

https://underworld.bandcamp.com/albu...e-in-amsterdam

joethelion 06-12-2020 09:03 AM

So, in regards to "'RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam)" I know that the announcement stated -

IF YOU BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL ‘DRIFT’ SERIES 1 BOX SET…
...it included a URL and unique code that allows you to download additional material published during the course of Series 1. This has been updated to add “RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam)” - recorded live at Underworld’s show at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on 23rd November 2019 and is now available to you, for free. Download the updated package now, using the same details as before.

...but has anyone actually gotten that work?

I've re-downloaded the zip file twice now, with no luck.

Each time - 'Archive Utility' gives me 'undefined errors' on the file, and 'Stuffit Expander' indicates that the "Archive was compressed with an unknown compression method."

spacejunk 06-12-2020 09:12 AM

On Monday 15th June (18.00 BST), this will be updated to add RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam.

joethelion 06-12-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacejunk (Post 167913)
On Monday 15th June (18.00 BST), this will be updated to add RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam.

Ah - I missed that. Thanks

crank 06-12-2020 09:39 AM

If you can't wait, you can listen on band camp at the link above! :)

negative1 06-12-2020 09:42 AM

Pre-ordered.

Didn't even look at the description.

That was quick.

Wonder if I will get access to downloads also?

later

4thDrawerDown 06-12-2020 09:59 AM

Excellent - was at this gig

Rick's set was excellent, before my memory got all hazy ;)

Dirty0900 06-12-2020 10:05 AM

My original boxset only had the sampler. It’s annoying not all the tracks were there like Bandcamp now has.

mickstafa 06-12-2020 12:00 PM

RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete

Ok, one track in so far (Mary) and for me, this is the polished goosebumps version of Drift that I NEEDED. Drift as a whole was a bit of an unpolished struggle at times, but this release is legit!

purlieu 06-12-2020 12:56 PM

Hold on, you only got the sampler in the boxset, not the other seven discs?

StrangeLastName 06-12-2020 01:22 PM

So did anyone ever get a good answer on how those of us who bought the Box Set through a different store can get the digital PDF of the booklet?

lowbit 06-12-2020 01:24 PM

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience

I'm four tracks in, and have to heartily agree – so far this is the sort of thing that I had been hoping that Drift would be (but mostly wasn't IMHO). Very good stuff.

saintrik 06-12-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeLastName (Post 167922)
So did anyone ever get a good answer on how those of us who bought the Box Set through a different store can get the digital PDF of the booklet?

If you spend the £3 for RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam) on Bandcamp - it happens to include the full DRIFT Series 1 book PDF.

EDIT: Apparently - they did not intend to share the full PDF with the RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience purchase - so they've updated the file to delete the PDF.

StrangeLastName 06-12-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacejunk (Post 167913)

I missed this too, but when I opened my download from 20 minutes ago, it included an UPDATE folder containing 7 of the 9 RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience tracks.

dubman 06-12-2020 01:43 PM

well this is annoying, but glad they're doing this..
would've preferred this format, personally. and each cd gets a slipcase with the original artwork for it? lovely.
now I have to weigh if I have the budget to buy a duplicate thing for a bonus cd.
the shell is better designed too. the white space on the first box set makes me itch still.

Dino3D 06-12-2020 02:26 PM

Agree with every words, especially I bought mine for 100 euros...
This new format is way better and handier. When the original box announced the first thing I missed are the original artworks for each EPs. Now they are in the new box, and the booklet is also much more handy. Simply can't believe it happening!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubman (Post 167928)
well this is annoying, but glad they're doing this..
would've preferred this format, personally. and each cd gets a slipcase with the original artwork for it? lovely.
now I have to weigh if I have the budget to buy a duplicate thing for a bonus cd.
the shell is better designed too. the white space on the first box set makes me itch still.

darktrain 06-12-2020 03:19 PM

I have an extra sealed copy of the boxset v1. If anyone wants to get this one and swap, send me a pm:)

negative1 06-12-2020 05:39 PM

wonder if underworld will utilize the bandcamp
account to put up more goodies in the future.

later

domsgotsideburns 06-12-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative1 (Post 167931)
wonder if underworld will utilize the bandcamp
account to put up more goodies in the future.

i really hope this is the case. i think some people on here have thought that a bandcamp page would be a great idea for the band and i'm so glad it's starting to happen. maybe they'll eventually put up riverrun, perhaps??

purlieu 06-13-2020 02:15 PM

Yeah, I was very happy to see them using Bandcamp and am hoping Drift Series 2 sees them using it further.

I'm torn on the new box. I do like the individual sleeves with each EP's artwork, but at the same time a 12" box is just overall a much nicer thing to own than a 5" one. Especially as it matches the superdeluxe versions of earlier albums.

edit: ah ffs it includes a CD of RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience?! Great, I'm going to have to double-dip now, then. That's a bit of a pain.

khouri 06-13-2020 03:07 PM

You can buy the new disc as a lossless download on Bandcamp. I can live without the physical disc on this one. That they made this new box product comes as a surprise though. I guess people really were complaining?

negative1 06-13-2020 03:18 PM

why not just reissue the boxset?

who was complaining about the size.

it was the availibility.

that said, the price drop makes it great for those on the fence,
or with less funds.

later

darmok 06-13-2020 03:42 PM

Very nice news. There are still a couple of pieces missing in lossless with this format like the original 47 minute version of Appleshine Continuum. Wonder if those will ever show up or are those now "early" versions that don't count?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeLastName (Post 167926)
I missed this too, but when I opened my download from 20 minutes ago, it included an UPDATE folder containing 7 of the 9 RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience tracks.

I assume this is going to get fixed on Monday and we're just looking at an early and incomplete version of the upload?

I'm a sucker so I just bought the Bandcamp version anyway. Hoping this is the first of many Bandcamp releases and that Riverrun shows up at some point...

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative1 (Post 167935)
why not just reissue the boxset?

who was complaining about the size.

it was the availibility.

that said, the price drop makes it great for those on the fence,
or with less funds.

If I had to guess I'd say that the old box set was harder to manufacture hence the availability problems and higher price. Probably had a higher minimum order quantity to get the sets made than the new format.

darmok 06-13-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darmok (Post 167936)
Very nice news. There are still a couple of pieces missing in lossless with this format like the original 47 minute version of Appleshine Continuum. Wonder if those will ever show up or are those now "early" versions that don't count?

Oh gosh, I just realized I already do have that in lossless on the Blu-Ray disc that I never ripped. Looks like the audio is good old LPCM.

TheBang 06-14-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darmok (Post 167936)

All of those early versions are available to buy in the individual episodes on digital retailers. If you want lossless, then look at retailers like Qobuz, 7Digital, Beatport, TIDAL, ProStudioMasters, HDTracks, and Acoustic Sounds. Most of them have 24-bit options too.

TheBang 06-14-2020 03:04 AM

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete

A couple of interesting notes:

They've changed the artwork for Episodes 2 and 4. There's also new sleeve artwork for the Necks disc and the Blu-ray. The Necks artwork is from a photo taken at Sydney Opera House (in the Drift book)

And there are lyrics for every song published on Bandcamp! If you click on Drift Series 1 Complete and mouseover next to each song, you'll see a Lyrics link.

stimpee 06-14-2020 04:28 AM

I think its a good move. Bring costs down, give each disc its own slipcase, give the existing fans something new, make the whole thing available in high-res formats, add lyrics to the lot. Whats not to like?

To whoever from UW who might read this: Job well done!

iamneorev 06-14-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darmok (Post 167937)
Oh gosh, I just realized I already do have that in lossless on the Blu-Ray disc that I never ripped. Looks like the audio is good old LPCM.

Yea, been hoping someone would rip all the audio from the Blu-ray disc in lossless as I'm unable to.

lemonjelly 06-15-2020 01:41 AM

What do we do if we can't find our download code? I've just had a look for mine, and can't see it in the box. I'll have to go through the book page by page to see if I can find it.
Bit unusual for me tbh. I usually keep all sorts, including receipts, stickers from the front and everything. can't believe I haven't kept it!

TheBang 06-15-2020 02:22 AM

It's not in the book. It's a loose sheet of paper, red on both sides, with the Steam Powered Man poem on one side, and the tracklisting and credits on the back. The download code is below the credits.

orangepants 06-15-2020 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonjelly (Post 167945)
What do we do if we can't find our download code? I've just had a look for mine, and can't see it in the box. I'll have to go through the book page by page to see if I can find it.
Bit unusual for me tbh. I usually keep all sorts, including receipts, stickers from the front and everything. can't believe I haven't kept it!

I'm assuming you haven't already redeemed the code and downloaded the extras already? If so, then you go to the Sound of Vinyl website here: https://redeem.thesoundofvinyl.com/ and log in with your credentials you supplied last time (you don't need to give them your download code again) and the updated .zip file will be there for you to download. I tried on Saturday but there were only 7 of the 9 Amsterdam tracks in the archive, so will have another go later today.

If you haven't used the code previously, then it's on the bottom of a card with the poem on that was loose inside the box / cellophane.

atticinsane 06-15-2020 03:32 AM

I just downloaded the zip file from thesoundofvinyl and it still only has 7 0f the 9 Ricksdubbetoutdriftexperience tracks (missing 6 and 8)

lemonjelly 06-15-2020 03:47 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 167946)
It's not in the book. It's a loose sheet of paper, red on both sides, with the Steam Powered Man poem on one side, and the tracklisting and credits on the back. The download code is below the credits.

Of course! It was the earlier boxsets that had a small piece of paper with the download code on it. I'm such an idiot!:o

I will be downloading this set later today. Think the email says the full version is available after 1800 hours UK time?

Ricks set at wembley was fantastic. think it ended with a bombing version of better than diamonds/drift poem. I so wish that was included with this release.

Dirty0900 06-15-2020 03:53 AM

I got this from UW HQ:

Hi Matthew

The download area that the code gives you access to will, by 18.00 GMT Monday 15th June, have all the original Drift extras PLUS the newly added RicksDubbedOutDriftExpierience (Live in Amsterdam).

Enjoy!

potatobroth 06-15-2020 04:43 AM

so is this ONLY available here? i bought the full set via iTunes and will gladly toss a few bucks for this, but i dont know how to get it. Bandcamp? really? who uses bandcamp?

negative1 06-15-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potatobroth (Post 167952)
so is this ONLY available here? i bought the full set via iTunes and will gladly toss a few bucks for this, but i dont know how to get it. Bandcamp? really? who uses bandcamp?

itunes, who uses that? i never have, and same with all the non apple users.

bandcamp is way more accessible with much better options.

later

joethelion 06-15-2020 07:41 AM

You know - I was surprised at the use of bandcamp too
(even though I'm pretty sure I mentioned and suggested it here)

But, honestly - I think more bands will be using it going forward. It's a pretty easy interface (both to share content & to download) and it's super nice to have the different download options. Plus, as a 'band' / 'content provider'... the service has nice options to package releases, which you can't really do on iTunes.

I've managed to get quite a few mixtapes and remix collections off of Bandcamp - plus, smaller bands like "In Flagranti" have put up most (if not all) of their back catalog on it.

holden 06-15-2020 08:02 AM

I framed the autographed red sheet...guess it's time to bring it off the wall.

Live jam sounds amazing!

atticinsane 06-15-2020 08:48 AM

They've fixed the download now. Awesome! All in 24bit/48.

Really enjoying these tracks, looking forward to a proper headphone listening session later.