Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18700)

invisibleplan 07-30-2020 01:09 AM

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete

Apologies if this is inappropriate- please delete if so... but seeing as some have said in here they have been getting extra bandcamp codes sent to them when buying the new set.
I had the original set- and wanted to get the high res audio which the set on bandcamp would offer- I had some issues with the download for the new Depeche Mode Violator 12" singles set (which have been sorted) and have been sent an extra download code (Not Bandcamp- but you do get the 16 bit WAV's)... just wondering if anyone has an unused bandcamp code for the set they would be up for a trade for my spare unused Mode code??

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested.
Cheers, Mark.

lowbit 08-14-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintrik (Post 168029)
If anyone wants to save the time of going through this process - here's a collection of all of the highest-res images available.

Thank you for posting this!

lowbit 08-14-2020 11:42 AM

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019

Quote:

Originally Posted by purlieu (Post 167958)
Millions of people use Bandcamp. Labels like Planet Mu have their official store on Bandcamp. Peter Gabriel (and his Real World label) sell through Bandcamp. And probably about 95% of all the smaller independent labels I follow use it as their main online shop.

For anyone not aware, Bandcamp has one of the best (or maybe the best) payouts for artists, of any of the current music outlets. So it's an excellent choice if you want as much as possible of the money you spend to actually end up in the artist's pocket.

(I've switched my music shopping to Bandcamp almost exclusively.)

34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j 08-15-2020 01:51 PM

yeah - it's rare to hear of a music business that's actually ethical and treats the artists well but Bandcamp is definitely one of them. maybe the only one. I've been saying for years that UW should be putting stuff on there.

dubnobasswithme 08-19-2020 07:26 PM

Here's an excellent article that compares the goals for Bandcamp and Spotify: https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/90354...de-open-future

Nuxx79 08-20-2020 02:55 PM

Interesting indeed.

taoyoyo 08-26-2020 11:52 AM

Can anyone confirm that the Drift 1 - 6 downloads from BC are 48/24 (like the Sampler and Extras downloads)? Many thanks!

TheBang 08-26-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taoyoyo (Post 168197)
Can anyone confirm that the Drift 1 - 6 downloads from BC are 48/24 (like the Sampler and Extras downloads)? Many thanks!

Yes, everything on Bandcamp is 24-48. Keep in mind that the Episodes on Bandcamp are derived directly from the box set. So if you’re going to buy all of them, it might be cheaper to buy the Complete bundle instead.

Also keep in mind that there were differences between the Episodes as they were originally released and how they appeared on the box set/Bandcamp. If you want the original Episodes, you’ll have to buy them from other retailers (like Qobuz, 7Digital, ProStudioMasters, HDtracks, etc, if you want 24-bit).

taoyoyo 08-27-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 168198)
Yes, everything on Bandcamp is 24-48. Keep in mind that the Episodes on Bandcamp are derived directly from the box set. So if you’re going to buy all of them, it might be cheaper to buy the Complete bundle instead.

Also keep in mind that there were differences between the Episodes as they were originally released and how they appeared on the box set/Bandcamp. If you want the original Episodes, you’ll have to buy them from other retailers (like Qobuz, 7Digital, ProStudioMasters, HDtracks, etc, if you want 24-bit).

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I bought the original boxset, which had the 48/24 downloads for the Sampler and Extras only but would really like Drift 1 to 6 at the same quality.

Is there a lot of difference between the original releases and the BC/Box set versions? [ BC seems more reasonably priced ]

TheBang 08-27-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taoyoyo (Post 168202)
Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I bought the original boxset, which had the 48/24 downloads for the Sampler and Extras only but would really like Drift 1 to 6 at the same quality.

Is there a lot of difference between the original releases and the BC/Box set versions? [ BC seems more reasonably priced ]

So if you just need Series 1 without the Sampler and Rick's set, then yes, Bandcamp is probably the cheapest. Actually, about $1 cheaper (or more depending on your credit card exchange rate and foreign currency fees) would be to buy it at Acoustic Sounds, along with the the 10% off coupon code seen in the upper-left of that page.

For the changes between the original Episode releases and the Series 1 release, you can read my posts about all the changes starting here. Some of them are minor, but some of them are not insignificant. It's up to you how much of a completist you are. If you want to buy the original Episodes in 24-48 quality, it looks like Qobuz has the best pricing on all the episodes. Note that Episode 2 is only available in 24-48 through Japanese e-tailers.