Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019 (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18582)

iamneorev 11-17-2019 02:37 PM

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019

The sheet glued to the back is usual meant to be detached, hence not fully glued down. I usually get rid of the glue and keep the sheet tucked inside the boxset.

whatmakesustick 11-18-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 167305)
So, UW have never explicitly classified the Episode releases. They never called them EPs or albums, so under the Discogs rules they cannot be tagged with either.

I don't really know what they should be called (to me they all feel like albums in there own right!), but on the back of the box set they are called EP's (CD1 - Ep1 DUST, CD2 Ep2 ATOM, etc).

EDIT: ah, Ep = Episode (not Extended Player!)

TheBang 11-18-2019 02:07 AM

Yup, Ep for Episode.

If I were writing up a discography for UW, I'd just put them (and the RiverRuns) under EP's, but UW have never explicitly labeled any of those as EP's.

StrangeLastName 11-18-2019 07:10 AM

Hey, longtime lurker here. I've been waiting for a while to order the boxset from the Underworldlive store, and finally have the $$ to do so.

I didn't see anything about a signed/numbered set in the promo copy about the release. Is every box set fulfilled by the Underworldlive store signed, or was that a limited number that is now sold out?

If it's the same set as will be available here in the US commercially, I might just wait and get it in-store and save some shipping fees.

TheBang 11-18-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeLastName (Post 167314)
I didn't see anything about a signed/numbered set in the promo copy about the release. Is every box set fulfilled by the Underworldlive store signed, or was that a limited number that is now sold out?

Yeah, the signed/numbered were only available for a couple weeks before it sold out. There’s no reason to buy it from the UW store at this point, as their international shipping rates are expensive.

I noticed that importcds.com has it for $68 (not an import, despite the site name). Keep in mind that the US release date is Dec 20, so you won’t get it till later if ordering from US retailers. If you want it sooner, then you have to import. Amazon UK might be cheaper for that than UW store.

mark3 11-19-2019 04:19 AM

I got #187, but I was expecting / hoping the box itself was signed, not just the sheet. Anyway, really nice box set and loads to read.
Code isn't working for me either ...

The box set is the exact same size as the 1992 - 2002 4 x 12" box

potatobroth 11-19-2019 05:17 AM

just chiming in to say that this Drift series is absolutely awesome. It's really funny how week-to-week I'd think to myself "well this doesn't sound particularly like UW" but in the context of the full album(s) its allllll UW. I can't believe how much good stuff came out of this. It's pretty much all I've been listening to. My biggest surprise is that tracks I'd skipped during the past year, are now becoming favorites.

twicezero 11-19-2019 05:50 AM

Sadly taking the backsheet off damaged my box. The glue took some of the paper with it, so be extra extra careful

:(

purlieu 11-19-2019 07:40 AM

I tore the back of my Second Toughest box (the first deluxe one I bought) so I've been incredibly careful ever since. Still not sure why they don't just print the tracklist on the back.

darmok 11-19-2019 07:41 AM

#260. Did we all get the same signed insert with the story about the steam powered man, or are there several versions of that sheet?

The back sheet was tacked down yesterday, but pretty much fell off the box on its own this morning. Give it a little time before taking it off, maybe?