Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drift ep. 1 part 5 - A Very Silent Way (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18515)

stargurl 11-29-2018 09:33 AM

Drift ep. 1 part 5 - A Very Silent Way

Episode 1 part 5: Underworld & The Necks - A Very Silent Way

A Very Silent Way is Ep. 1, Pt. 5 of Underworld’s DRIFT Series. The track improvised in collaboration with The Necks soundtracks a film by tomato’s Simon Taylor using film and stills shot during a two-day recording session at AIR Lyndhurst Hall earlier this year.

“Karl and I spent two glorious days with The Necks at AIR studios in London exploring long improvisations based on our music for Drift and I had the time of my life with these incredibly talented, beautiful people. This initial release represents just a small part of that body of work.” – Rick

negative1 11-29-2018 09:34 AM

Re: Drift ep. 1 part 5 - A Very Silent Way

Sounds like an improv jazz session to me.
later

34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j 11-29-2018 09:36 AM

yea this is just the warm up, lmao

holden 11-29-2018 09:48 AM

From the email announcement:

"Drift Episode 1 concludes on 6 December when all of the published parts 1 to 5 are fused and released in a new extended form."

Awesome!

Bargo 11-29-2018 11:12 AM

The Necks and Underworld regularly compete for 'favourite band' inside my mind so finally getting a collaboration with them (post-Scenius) is incredible. That five-minute track length, not so much. :) But I'm ever hopeful that maybe something longer is born of this..

khouri 11-29-2018 12:16 PM

Always nice to hear the old "What was it like in Japan?" spoken word sample make an appearance.

atticinsane 11-29-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 164643)

"Drift Episode 1 concludes on 6 December when all of the published parts 1 to 5 are fused and released in a new extended form."

Awesome!

So all 5 parts stitched together into one long track? I'd rather have longer versions arranged in an album format but am still curious to how this will work out.

TheBang 11-29-2018 03:13 PM

It reminds me, not surprisingly, of the Pure Scenius stuff.

The Twitter post describes this track as:

"A different kind of drift. A change of pace for Ep.1 Pt.5, a meditation, a collaboration, a reinterpretation of Another Silent Way with impro-trance trio The Necks."

I have a hard time finding Another Silent Way underneath it.

TheBang 11-29-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atticinsane (Post 164647)
So all 5 parts stitched together into one long track? I'd rather have longer versions arranged in an album format but am still curious to how this will work out.

Yeah, sounds like a Riverrun kind of mix. If they do that, I hope they release it in a bundle alongside individual, unmixed, full-length tracks, but I guess we'll see.

jetpig 11-29-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 164643)

Awesome!

Excited for that, but disappointing that we have to keep waiting for Border Country. I want it pretty bad.