Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drop #2 - Rez Limited Drop (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18723)

Dirty Saint 11-20-2020 02:26 AM

Drop #2 - Rez Limited Drop

https://store.underworldlive.com/col...erm=2020-11-20

Get in there quick

-----------------

*REZ Limited Drop* 5 Days Only

Rez has always been an irresistible call.

On the night it was recorded that call emanated from ether, willing itself to be intercepted in a bedroom studio in a terrace house in Romford to be set to rhythm that seemed to rise from the earth to meet it. It was a simple connection to a natural phenomenon, like capturing errant sine waves in a butterfly net. Its magic had disappeared by the following morning. One take only. More than enough.

When pressed onto pink vinyl, Rez’s song was a Pied Piper’s whistle, the sound you followed if you heard it rising from the dance floor. It was like an addiction, an itch to scratch, a rabbit hole to race down. It offered an introduction to a new world, throwing open a trap door shining with bright luminescence.

Rez is both music as maths and art touched by stardust. More than anything, Rez set the stall and led us all to here, to now, all the while pointing the way to tomorrow. Just ask the people. It’s “as close to Heaven as you can get”, because “life is all about vibrations”. Always reminiscent “of birdsong”, deeply “soul cleansing”. “Please play it at my funeral” they ask years and years later. Its journey continues.

Orders from this collection will dispatch 4th December 2020.

negative1 11-20-2020 07:10 AM

Re: Drop #2 - Rez Limited Drop

No thanks.

I want a fuzzy hat from Trainspotting, born slippy.

later

Dirty Saint 11-20-2020 04:57 PM

£7 postage for the hoodie in the UK :eek:

dubman 11-20-2020 11:03 PM

Feels a bit weird getting any of this as “Rez” is a very specific term among Native populations here and one does not want to be confusing, insensitive, and oblivious all in one.
Plus it doesn’t look particularly good. A vinyl repress would’ve made some sense.

Nuxx79 11-21-2020 09:57 AM

Doesn’t mean that in English though, does it?

I’m not going to get anything as I wear adult clothes where possible, but why is everyone moaning? :)

Cheer up lads.

khouri 11-21-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuxx79 (Post 168376)
Doesn’t mean that in English though, does it?

It does, actually. Here in the States, "rez" is well known slang for "reservation," and is used derogatively by the extremely and systematically marginalized Native American population. Certainly there's a chance someone could observe the t-shirt and take good faith offense.

That said, the word has obviously been kicking around for quite some time in Underworld fandom, and I personally don't object in principal to any of the merch. Taking Dubman's point, though, I'd probably think twice about a t-shirt if one lives in the US; but one knows one's respective community best, of course.

potatobroth 11-23-2020 11:35 AM

i got the blue tshirt. really like it.

iamneorev 11-23-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khouri (Post 168377)
It does, actually. Here in the States, "rez" is well known slang for "reservation," and is used derogatively by the extremely and systematically marginalized Native American population. Certainly there's a chance someone could observe the t-shirt and take good faith offense.

That said, the word has obviously been kicking around for quite some time in Underworld fandom, and I personally don't object in principal to any of the merch. Taking Dubman's point, though, I'd probably think twice about a t-shirt if one lives in the US; but one knows one's respective community best, of course.

I live in the US and never once thought the title Rez would be mistaken for a derogatory term. And I lived just 10 minutes from a Native American reservation. I am highly doubtful someone will take offense and wouldn't worry.

StrangeLastName 11-23-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubman (Post 168375)
Feels a bit weird getting any of this as “Rez” is a very specific term among Native populations here and one does not want to be confusing, insensitive, and oblivious all in one.
Plus it doesn’t look particularly good. A vinyl repress would’ve made some sense.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. :( Being from Canada, with clients who are indigenous and are actively trying to improve the conditions on "The Rez" it's hard not to think of that when it's the only word on the shirt. Didn't know it was as common here in the US.

Granted, 99.5% of people won't make that association. But the "UW 1993 REZ" ones kind of avoid that issue..

stimpee 11-27-2020 09:44 AM

I just dont think that there was ever any Rez art for the release so its a bit lacking.