Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Always Loved A Film (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10982)

starfox203 06-10-2010 05:05 PM

Always Loved A Film

This song has been around for a while, in fact I'm listening to the two versions I have - the version they played on Dirty Radio and the live version from last year at Brixton Academy. They are barely the same song, except for the underlying beat. I wonder which version or what form the new version will take on the album.

BrotherLovesDub 06-10-2010 05:08 PM

Re: Always Loved A Film

Always Loved A Film (album version)

The rhythm of legs moving in the sun
the rhythm of an engine deep and throating
the rhythm of a summer that you walked in

The sound of a barking dog on a loop
A plane rises in crystal blue
The rhthym of keys swinging in your hand
The rhthym of light coming out of your fingers

Heaven (x6)
Can You Feel It?
Can You Feel It?
Heaven (x2)

The rhthym of wheels
The rhthym of heels
That we fall into the sun
She walk on silver
She walk on gold
Paints i love you on the alley walls
From the eyes that hide behind black glasses
Sunlight hits tell me what she passes

Heaven (x6)
Can You Feel It? (x2)
Heaven (x2)

And I don't know if I love you more than the way you used to love me
And i don't know if i need you more than the way you used to need me
But its...

Heaven (x6)
Can You Feel It?
Can You Feel It?
Heaven (x2)

Future Proof 06-10-2010 05:22 PM

Yea, the first incarnations were really strong, particularly the ones from their broadcasts (the instrumental from '06 and the vocalled one from early '07) and then the track seemed to have been gutted. 'Tis a shame both couldn't have existed since the latter version, as affore-mentioned is almost completely different save for elements of the original beat.

I remain cautiously optimistic that their collab took a listen to the versions and steered them back toward the original... :)

darktrain 06-10-2010 06:02 PM

IIRC the version played on the May06 broadcast wasn't even referred to as ALAF in the subsequent tracklist, but just as "Silver Boots". I know for sure on the instrumental version prior in 05 it was noted as "something to do with Silver Boots and Always Loved a Film".

As much as I love those two versions, the recordings I've got have been listened to so many times that they ARE the official versions for me. Would I love a mastered physical release? Of course! But I stopped holding out hope for that when OWB came out.

King of Snake 06-11-2010 12:14 AM

I really loved the old silver boots version from the broadcast. Didn't really care for the new version so even though I don't expect them to have returned it to it's old state, I hope they've given it a proper overhaul anyway.

joethelion 06-11-2010 08:41 AM

I actually prefer the original version of the song (before the "fast version" that got the added "Silver Boots" in the title)

where it's just that slow chugging beat

even when they first played it, and it just had the beat, random lyrics from "in the belly of saint paul" and the synths from Mo Move was pretty cool

undarrenworld 06-21-2010 10:06 AM

Its great news, that Alwas Loved a Film will be on album. We first encounter it in 2000 from japanese live set. Its 10 years from now, and it will be released now. Its the song that was in progress long time. Its great that will be released now. Im waiting for it:) Thank you so much Underworld;)

TheBang 06-21-2010 10:10 AM

Actually, first time for ALAF was Electraglide 2003. :)

potatobroth 06-21-2010 12:20 PM

i still have that old version of ALAF, where Karl is thumbing thru the St. Pauls book. Thats easily my favorite version of the song. Very rhythmic, groovy, sexy. The fast version that we heard at the Brixton shows is decent, but it doesn't have the same personality as that old one.

stimpee 06-22-2010 01:26 AM

I have heard the album version (no i dont have it), and I can tell you... youre not going to be disappointed. I really like it.