Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   DROP #1: *KING OF SNAKE LIMITED DROP* (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18716)

Dirty Saint 09-24-2020 03:08 AM

DROP #1: *KING OF SNAKE LIMITED DROP*

Looks like some signed vinyl & tshirts available next month to celebrate the 25 year anniversary of King of Snake

https://store.underworldlive.com/col...p+Announcement

--------------

DROP #1 "King of Snake": Marks the 21st anniversary of the legendary King of Snake and is the first in a series of limited ‘drops’ celebrating moments in the world of Underworld.

Alongside new and exclusive King of Snake tees, hoodies and print, a very limited quantity of vinyl 12" promos and commercial formats from the original release are available on a first-come-first-serve basis...

Steady as a metronome, like feet gliding over Shibuya Crossing at rush hour the King of Snake moves. But who - or what - was he?

Was the supreme serpent a video gamer, lightning fast fingers on a Nokia keypad, champion over all others? Or was he the undisputed ruler of the underworld, the doyen of illegal late-night animal activity, stood victorious and grabbing fistfuls of cash as another pretender to the throne falls?

The truth is now lost in time and twenty-one years of myth making. All that remains is that metronomic beat, that relentless rippling synth line and the frantically recalled legend of twenty-four hours with the King of Snake. As the story goes: It’s very dangerous… it’s very popular… fighting snake…

All products are super limited and sell out quickly. Products in this collection will be available for 5 days. 24th September - 29th September 2020.

This collection will ship the week of 19th October 2020.

Nuxx79 09-24-2020 03:25 AM

Re: *KING OF SNAKE LIMITED DROP*

That sold out quickly.

"DROP #1 "King of Snake": Marks the 21st anniversary of the legendary King of Snake and is the first in a series of limited ‘drops’ celebrating moments in the world of Underworld."

TheBang 09-24-2020 03:45 AM

Re: DROP #1: *KING OF SNAKE LIMITED DROP*

Ha, holy shit, did they seriously just clean out their closet and sell out all their extra promo stock?

Looking at the backgrounds of those photos. I see:

Boxes of:
Jumbo CD1
King of Snake CD1
Cowgirl CD2
TMO CD1
Bruce Lee radio promo CD
1992-2002
Bird 1 cardsleeve promo CD
yellow Rez 12"
Long Slow Slippy 12"

Drawers, shelves, filing boxes full of stuff

A box tantalizingly labeled Electraglide 2005 something something something

In one photo, you can clearly see rows of CD's with version numbers on them, the kind Rick uses to track revisions, like A2074. One row is taped up and says "Jumbo" on it.

Nuxx79 09-24-2020 03:49 AM

I'd be all over some CDs. I picked up a vinyl in that absolute flash sale there. Before I knew what was happening things were selling out, so I grabbed one. Need a turntable now!

I agree @thebang, there's shelves with all sorts on there.

I'd love to have some stuff not on the streaming services, or that is kind of a pain to get via anywhere other than Discogs.

Nuxx79 09-24-2020 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Snake (Post 168271)
Sold out? Looks like all the stuff is available in the shop to me.
The designs are quite boring though.

https://i.imgur.com/88PkkAJ.png

King of Snake 09-24-2020 03:51 AM

Yup I was looking at the shirts, my bad :P

Nuxx79 09-24-2020 03:54 AM

No problem! I am not in the UK and hoped I wasn't be blocked from buying things internationally for a moment.

Picked up Promo1. Will be something different in the collection, for sure.

Excited to see what else drops.

negative1 09-24-2020 05:54 AM

Luckily had all that vinyl stuff (not signed), except for a rare promo single, and the italian one. So i'm good.

Now if they start putting up acetates, test pressings, and other things, well then...

later

negative1 09-24-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 168270)
Ha, holy shit, did they seriously just clean out their closet and sell out all their extra promo stock?

Boxes of:
Jumbo CD1
King of Snake CD1
Cowgirl CD2
TMO CD1
Bruce Lee radio promo CD
1992-2002
yellow Rez 12"
Long Slow Slippy 12"

In one photo, you can clearly see rows of CD's with version numbers on them, the kind Rick uses to track revisions, like A2074. One row is taped up and says "Jumbo" on it.

The only thing that jumps at me, is a hat, with something labelled GRITS under it.

later

Nuxx79 09-24-2020 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative1 (Post 168277)
The only thing that jumps at me, is a hat, with something labelled GRITS under it.

later

Sure, but for people like me... I am interested in it all! I have almost nothing in my "collection" and this is brilliant :)

StrangeLastName 09-24-2020 06:33 AM

Agh... the email hit my here at 5:00am, I was sound asleep. By the time I woke, all the music was gone. Hoping I'll get a chance on some of the other drops. :(

Nuxx79 09-24-2020 06:57 AM

Anything you might be interested in? ridiculous question, I know, but, am happy to help if I can.

mark3 09-24-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Boxes of:
Jumbo CD1
King of Snake CD1
Cowgirl CD2
TMO CD1
Bruce Lee radio promo CD
1992-2002
yellow Rez 12"
Long Slow Slippy 12"

Is that Footwear Repairs on the right shelf (just below the KoS 12"s)? ;)

TheBang 09-24-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative1 (Post 168277)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits_(novel)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark3 (Post 168282)
Is that Footwear Repairs on the right shelf (just below the KoS 12"s)? ;)

Yes, nice spot!

I also see a CD labeled Private and I think it says Perou 2 on it.

negative1 09-24-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 168283)

Your link was broken, didn't close the ')',but anyways the book
sounds a little trainspotting like, no wonder its there,

later

TheBang 09-24-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negative1 (Post 168286)
Your link was broken, didn't close the ')',but anyways the book
sounds a little trainspotting like, no wonder its there,

Thanks. It was the URL auto-parser, not me!

If you look at that Wikipedia article, the author is described as a “Welsh Irvine Welsh,” which I imagine tickles Rick’s fancy.

Dirty0900 09-25-2020 11:47 AM

Where are people seeing the images of the stuff in the dreamers? Got myself a KOS t shirt.

TheBang 09-25-2020 02:42 PM

What does dreamers mean? Is that an autocorrect? If you’re asking about the inventory stuff in storage we were talking about, if you look at the vinyl products in the drop page, they each have 2 photos. In the 2nd photo of each, you can see lots of items in this storage area in the background periphery.

stimpee 10-02-2020 02:21 AM

Which photos?

Quote:

Boxes of:
Jumbo CD1
King of Snake CD1
Cowgirl CD2
TMO CD1
Bruce Lee radio promo CD
1992-2002
yellow Rez 12"
Long Slow Slippy 12"

purlieu 10-02-2020 04:37 AM

Check the post directly above yours ;)

negative1 10-02-2020 07:51 AM

I wonder why people are having a hard time seeing the photos.
Did they remove something. They look fine to me.

later

stimpee 10-04-2020 09:12 AM

Sorry - didnt read Todd's last post before posting - and if you see that the stuff is sold out already you're less likely to click on it and then see the tiny thumbnail for the 2nd picture.

Nuxx79 10-21-2020 02:34 AM

Arrived this morning.
Can someone recommend a turntable? lol

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...890&height=668

holden 10-21-2020 09:48 AM

awesome! I've recently spun my unsigned copy of that single on a cheapo turntable with an internal speaker...not a recommendation! Sadly, most of my vinyl was purchased 20+ yrs ago when I still lived at home and had access to my father's rocking system. Who would have thought that CDs would be supplanted! :P

Enjoy that bungalow mix so much! Right up there with barking mix.

Nuxx79 10-22-2020 04:32 AM

Fortunately, I have a pretty good sound system; just need a decent turntable! Looking forward to it :)

whatmakesustick 11-24-2020 02:00 AM

Well, thats SO HUGELY disappointing. Despite ordering my signed vinyl just before the drop was announced (I happened to be browsing the store that morning!), it seems my vinyl AND T-Shirt have just been refunded and I won't be getting them. No explanation either. Now wondering if the Rez order I just placed will ever see the light of day. Rant over.

TheBang 11-24-2020 04:36 AM

Maybe it was a delivery error? They sent them a month ago, so that's long enough that it might have gone your way, and then been sent back. You could try e-mailing them (news@underworldlive.com) and see if they can track down the order and what went wrong with it.

whatmakesustick 11-24-2020 08:18 AM

Yeah maybe, I'll try, I also got the lithograph which has not been cancelled. I got an email a few weeks ago saying there was a delay but it did not say which part of the order. I guess the lithograph was delayed which has caused a problem. I should not have been greedy and just ordered the vinyl!

stimpee 11-27-2020 09:46 AM

Got my 24hrs KOS shirt and its great quality.