Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   peach tree jam (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7271)

crazysugarboy 01-18-2008 03:12 PM

peach tree jam

Does anyone else agree with me that this is one of the best tracks u/w have released? It is from the Misterons live broadcast and is now on their myspace page. I cannot stop playing it! Not only is "Peach Tree" one of my fav u/w tracks - it is also from the utterly sublime "I'm a Big Sister.." ep - a piece of music that takes the listener on a journey from a very dark and sinister pine forest with too many memories, along a crystal encrusted river, and finally to the enchanted forest and out into the light - and indeed beyond, to the other place "the back of the world" (does anyone else remember the bbc 1 series of programnes "Tales from Europe" - magical, surreal, dark, and scary fairy tales?) This is such a faaaantastic version, with Karl playing guitar like the legendary Steve Hillage while Rick and Darren add improvs and drum fills - wonderful!!:)

Jan 01-18-2008 04:37 PM

Re: peach tree jam

I wholeheartedly agree. This is a great version, I love the acid bassline that really stands out here in comparison to the studio mixes.
A strange thing I noticed is that when I listen to this track I have to think "pink". Just like Jumbo is "yellow". I also love the name: "Peach Tree", it sounds very nice. I wonder if there is a story connected to this title.

King of Snake 01-19-2008 12:04 AM

Peach Tree is definitely one of my favourite uw tracks of recent times.

BeautifulBurnout 01-19-2008 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysugarboy
Does anyone else agree with me that this is one of the best tracks u/w have released? It is from the Misterons live broadcast and is now on their myspace page. I cannot stop playing it! Not only is "Peach Tree" one of my fav u/w tracks - it is also from the utterly sublime "I'm a Big Sister.." ep - a piece of music that takes the listener on a journey from a very dark and sinister pine forest with too many memories, along a crystal encrusted river, and finally to the enchanted forest and out into the light - and indeed beyond, to the other place "the back of the world" (does anyone else remember the bbc 1 series of programnes "Tales from Europe" - magical, surreal, dark, and scary fairy tales?) This is such a faaaantastic version, with Karl playing guitar like the legendary Steve Hillage while Rick and Darren add improvs and drum fills - wonderful!!:)

What a fantastically eloquent description. :) And I agree entirely. It really is a masterpiece of composition.

As for Tales from Europe - was that the series in the 70s with stories from eastern Europe in their original language with an english narrator/interpreter? I have vague memories of that as a child, mostly involving elves, princesses, and lots of icicles and snow-scapes, for some reason.

Cadevil 01-19-2008 09:19 AM

Some great live things going on on their myspace as well.

crazysugarboy 01-19-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
What a fantastically eloquent description. :) And I agree entirely. It really is a masterpiece of composition.

As for Tales from Europe - was that the series in the 70s with stories from eastern Europe in their original language with an english narrator/interpreter? I have vague memories of that as a child, mostly involving elves, princesses, and lots of icicles and snow-scapes, for some reason.

Thanks Janie:) And yes, that was Tales from Europe, the most well known being "The Singing Ringing Tree". There was also a beautiful version of the Snow Queen.

Flywaver 01-20-2008 12:57 PM

The version of Peach Tree on the Crocodile single is 12mins 35secs is it longer on Boy,Boy,Boy single? Also the Misterons Live Broadcast version with that lush Guitar so reminds me of Pink Floyd. :cool:

TheBang 01-20-2008 09:44 PM

On "Boy, Boy, Boy" it is also 12:35. However, the mix is different, with parts coming in and going at different times, and different emphases.

kowalski__ 01-21-2008 08:16 AM

best version is definitely peach tree jam.

kowalski__ 01-21-2008 08:17 AM

guitar sound