Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "I'm a Big Sister..." thread. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3686)

dubman 06-04-2006 12:30 PM

"I'm a Big Sister..." thread.

so... what do we think?

it's an incredibly lush release. i asked earlier how things can get more chilled after PFE in slight disbelief, and this is how that's done. talking about an ambient underworld album a couple years back too.. seems to have finally yielded itself in the form of this 30 minute release.

routinely calm for an unusual 5 minutes, then it just dives into full involvment. pretty exhilirating, and it pulls back again as if it never happened. pulsates in some of riverrun's warmest parts. every element used as a rhythm to make it a smooth block of sound. lots of spoken bits throughout, and a little bit of recycling from other songs. 'wedge' (i believe it's called) is one of karl's finest moments. also fairly large surprise at the end, music-wise.

it doesn't disappoint, let's say... or understate. at least on par with previous riverruns.

BeautifulBurnout 06-04-2006 12:45 PM

Re: "I'm a Big Sister..." thread.

One word. Sublime.

big screen satellite 06-04-2006 12:48 PM

s'nice

thanks for the early delivery

Bargo 06-04-2006 12:51 PM

Best of the three, in my opinion. Absolutely loving every track, though I can't pick a favourite just yet. This is exactly what I needed to hear right now.

Mike 06-04-2006 12:55 PM

Hmm.

"Ansum Part 3" :)

I need to listen to it in my car, its easier to feel the 'power' behind ambient tracks when your driving.

Right now, its not something i will listen too time and time again...

I guess i do appreciate the ambient Underworld, but not for 30 minutes.. im sorry to say this but i just find parts of it boring!

Strangley, its JAL that remains my fav RRP track - i think mainly because of its lyrical quality, but also its energy and rythym...

Mike

m.g. 06-04-2006 01:03 PM

Mmm... i love it. Just love it. Beautiful. And the "early delivery" is soooo nice...

dubman 06-04-2006 01:05 PM

early deivery is fine, but that means i'm a couple hours behind schedule today due to this bag of awesome, which screws the rest of todays events for me.
but...ah, i'll live :D

Dirty Canuck 06-04-2006 01:16 PM

Perfect Night-Driving-Music........
Peach Tree is my pick for this batch.......the way "11 hundred hz." blends into it reminds me of "Please Help Me".
For all those wishing for something a little more uptempo, keep in mind that standard releasing may have not permitted this side of U/W to be shown.....
The piano piece at the end is simply beautiful......
Now, back to listening........

mark3 06-04-2006 01:21 PM

After the second listen, I'm a lot more positive. At first, I found it a bit boring, but it is actually really good, especially the first part. I hope Peach Tree gets a proper release. But the slideshow is definitely not my cup of coffee.
Pizza for Eggs is still my favourite, probably followed by Big Sister

Dirty0900 06-04-2006 01:40 PM

Noticed that some of the spoken stuff said on this release was played just before the "Heal all bodies track" on the dityradio broadcast.

I cant get the slideshow on to iTunes any hints on getting it on there and how to get it in on to an iPod [never done it before] Actually, i cant get it to work at all. Help!