Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   announcements. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome to Born Dirty (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17067)

TheBang 09-02-2010 06:25 AM

Welcome to Born Dirty

If you're very observant, you might have noticed a small change to the forums today. ;)

The Dirty Collective has been working very hard for the past few months, and is very proud to launch the ultimate Underworld fan community, Born Dirty! The name change is the perfect reflection of our heritage and our love of Underworld.

The site is still a work in progress, but over time, we will be incorporating content that is currently spread amongst various disparate sites, as well as creating new content. We aim to make this site and community your one-stop shop for all things Underworld.

A lot of people have contributed input to this project, but we would like to acknowledge the people who have put in many, many hours to make this possible: Mike, ThingInABook, Dunwho, stimpee, Yannick, and TheBang. And a special thanks to lloyd for allowing us to import his several years' worth of Underworld news.

We welcome any thoughts or feedback you might have about the new community.

testudo 09-02-2010 07:04 AM

Re: Welcome to Born Dirty

i miss brown... i hope we go back to brown once this UW release is finished.

34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j 09-02-2010 07:12 AM

I like it!! So what is the "words" section for? Great job guys :)

Caprice 09-02-2010 07:27 AM

holy shit

King of Snake 09-02-2010 07:36 AM

my thoughts exactly.

I support the idea of having everying in one place but please bring back the brown. White/grey is NOT dirty enough!

lectoid 09-02-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testudo (Post 143741)
i miss brown... i hope we go back to brown once this UW release is finished.

Thirded.

froopy seal 09-02-2010 08:17 AM

I'm all for the beautiful header and the new, centralized, categorized content. But, yeah, bring back de brown. At least, no white, please.

potatobroth 09-02-2010 08:37 AM

ugh. reading on white makes me :(

top looks real nice tho! :)

stimpee 09-02-2010 08:38 AM

this new site has been launched, and all people can bitch about is a 10 year old brown theme.

phaseblue 09-02-2010 08:39 AM

Personally, I love it!

It`s sleek, professional, organized, and consistent!
And as for the brown; hey I liked it too, but nothing can stay the same forever!
It was long overdue for a change!

Great job guys ;)

big screen satellite 09-02-2010 08:39 AM

i like, maybe make the white a magnolia colour, but no more brown... we're in new happy clean era... well done for those who tidied this up ;)

dubman 09-02-2010 08:39 AM

guys, let go of the brown already. it'll be okay.

i like it fine, looks good, easy to use, design jargon blah = good job.
that face was a dumb idea though

used to be "official unofficial"

are "official" now

potatobroth 09-02-2010 08:43 AM

its not only about the brown, its about message boards with black text on white backgrounds. you don't usually see it that way for a reason ;) its terrible on the eyes.

in fact, right here in the Quick Reply box, you'll notice its light blue/grey with grey text and SUPER easy on the yes.

the mongoose 09-02-2010 09:18 AM

I agree that Brown needs to be reinstated.

BrotherLovesDub 09-02-2010 09:38 AM

Just offer other style sheets in the lower left hand dropdown.

Can we get some actual news from the band now? It sucks that people who read Spin.com first thing in the morning know more about what's happening with Underworld than the people who check Dirty first thing in the morning.

Spooky Shoes 09-02-2010 09:53 AM

I don't mind a change from the Brown as it did remind me of something that fell out of my arse but, bright light, bright light.

http://i54.tinypic.com/uvja0.jpg

testudo 09-02-2010 10:12 AM

reading black text on white sucks. its that simple... unless your eye sight is horrible.

fraser 09-02-2010 10:35 AM

Basically loving the new design, but please consider changing the white background to a light grey, or drop the text colour to something lighter (or both).

Great job though, loving the header.

Cadevil 09-02-2010 10:37 AM

I miss the old purple background...;)

Mike 09-02-2010 10:56 AM

Brown is old. Grey is subjective. Get used to White. It's staying. ;)

Sappys Curry 09-02-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub (Post 143767)
Just offer other style sheets in the lower left hand dropdown.

I agree. Keep the new style, but allow forum users to change the forum look to the old brown style if they want to have that style. That is the best solution.

lloyd 09-02-2010 11:33 AM

Congrats on the launch of the borndirty.org.
I like it. I like the dirtyradio topbar. And I like the new look. Great work people!
And of course I was happy to share the contents of my old blog with the community. Keep up the good work and make all underworld fans proud of our own dirty little corner of the interwebs.
Thnx to all involved.

potatobroth 09-02-2010 11:37 AM

I do however, want to say how awesome the overall site is! great to have all this content in one place. well done.

that said, sadly, black on white for a message board, is begging for complaints. i can't get used to it. its not right.

Eikman 09-02-2010 12:32 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t4C3ygzAGN..._this_shit.jpg

Champiness 09-02-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sappys Curry (Post 143781)
I agree. Keep the new style, but allow forum users to change the forum look to the old brown style if they want to have that style. That is the best solution.

I agree agree!

This is great! Logging on today to see the new site was so refreshing... I've yet to actually use any of the new features, but suffice to say my feelings right now are comparable to when the Chemical Brothers forum got an upgrade recently. It makes me want to come on here even more!

Dunwho 09-02-2010 01:24 PM

Great work by all the people involved... thrilled to finally see it up and running after months of work.. and its only gonna get better.

I like white..

Dunwho 09-02-2010 01:30 PM

I would also like to point out that there is an "External Resources" list in the footer of the site. These resources will hopefully be incorporated more into the site in time.. but for the moment be aware that they exist and you can visit them by navigating to the bottom of the page..

Andrea 09-02-2010 02:03 PM

Excellent work everyone but please bring back the colour.

Rog 09-02-2010 02:44 PM

nice....but too hurty on my eye's (they're not as god as they used to be)

Lx_Nen 09-02-2010 03:04 PM

mmm clean looking dirt. I like it!

m.g. 09-02-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caprice (Post 143746)
holy shit

I have to admit that it's exactly what I thought when I logged in this afternoon... but then, I got used to it, and I think it's very cool.

Header and footer are great.

Many thanks for the "lot of people" who made this possible :)

the-star-samurai 09-02-2010 04:05 PM

I love the change! The brown was easy on the eyes, but it's been like that for how long? (I don't even know.)
I am a huge sucker for high contrast and bright colors - so this layout is a really really nice surprise to log into today. :D And the new name is awesome. Thanks to whoever contributed to this. ♥ :D

//\/\/ 09-02-2010 04:14 PM

screw brown - this looks fantastic - really nice job!

Mr.Grumpy 09-02-2010 05:24 PM

thanks to everyone who contributes and keeps this site up.

darktrain 09-02-2010 05:31 PM

Cheers to all involved for the redesign!
Would love the option for "classic brown", but I'm sure that will fade over time.

That said, SOME sort of alt color scheme is needed for the light-sensitive.:cool:

bryantm3 09-02-2010 08:58 PM

I LOVE THE NEW HEADER SO MUCH! PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT AWAY, BUT PLEASE MAKE THE BACKGROUND BROWN SOMETIME LATER, WITH THE NEW HEADER INTACT.

that pretty much describes my exact feeling. the new site is awesome. reminds me of duran duran's 'rio' plus new order's 'technique' plus the new record plus... oh wow. this is great. you guys are awesome. thanks!

dirtytomato 09-03-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpee (Post 143756)
this new site has been launched, and all people can bitch about is a 10 year old brown theme.

Brown!!!!!!

I think it was over 10 years old. :p

dirtytomato 09-03-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eikman (Post 143791)

lol

luminary 09-03-2010 05:06 AM

i like the new dirt

and i am liking borndirty

Eikman 09-03-2010 05:39 AM

so, after the obvious troll post i'm going to tell what i really feel about the new site....

it's decent. i think it's a good idea to incorporate the different sources and make it more of a centralized place...they way it actually used to be.

the white is fine with me. what is it with you guys complaining about black text on white background? do you have your text editors and pdf viewers inverted as well? because the last time i checked it's pretty much the same....and nobody complains about google or the new york times being hard on the eyes either....maybe you should optimize your screens.

anyhoo, well done.

but you should definitely clean up the source code. because 115 errors is a lot. and most of it can be easily fixed.