Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UW sampling Freur in a recent broadcast? (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17051)

innerspaceboy 08-30-2010 03:07 PM

UW sampling Freur in a recent broadcast?

I can't believe it but I think I just heard Karl and Rick sample themselves from the Freur days! Dig up your copy of the Freur: Live in London VHS from '84 and listen to the first second of #11 - Riders in the Night. Karl says, "This is one for everybody..."

I swear they played a repeating loop of the words "one for everybody" during a new track or live broadcast... but which one was it? Perhaps Ibiza '10?

Thanks for any input!

34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j 08-30-2010 03:17 PM

Re: UW sampling Fruer in a recent broadcast?

if true this is a hell of a find!!!

TheBang 08-30-2010 04:27 PM

Dig up my WHAT?

innerspaceboy 08-30-2010 05:21 PM

You can check out the sample I'm talking about here.

Throw it into Audition/CE2K and loop "oneforeverybody...oneforeverybody..."

34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j 08-30-2010 05:28 PM

okay and where is the 2010 show?? this would be pretty damn interesting

jose m 08-31-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerspaceboy (Post 143487)
I can't believe it but I think I just heard Karl and Rick sample themselves from the Freur days! Dig up your copy of the Freur: Live in London VHS from '84 and listen to the first second of #11 - Riders in the Night. Karl says, "This is one for everybody..."

I swear they played a repeating loop of the words "one for everybody" during a new track or live broadcast... but which one was it? Perhaps Ibiza '10?

Thanks for any input!

been on the mushrooms? ;)

TheBang 08-31-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerspaceboy (Post 143487)

The only thing I can possibly come up with that you're thinking about is the repeating vocal sample that they play right before Jumbo starts on 2008-10-31 Brixton. Obviously it's not a sample of the Freur concert, but maybe that's what you're thinking of?

lectoid 08-31-2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerspaceboy (Post 143493)
You can check out the sample I'm talking about here.

Throw it into Audition/CE2K and loop "oneforeverybody...oneforeverybody..."

I can't get past his hair...

Andrea 08-31-2010 09:32 AM

:) I love it!

Champiness 08-31-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lectoid (Post 143541)
I can't get past his hair...

Who is that 80's abomination speaking with Karl's voice?
Also, does anybody hear the Tin There melody at 4:55? On xylophone, of all things?

mmm skyscraper 08-31-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champiness (Post 143556)
Also, does anybody hear the Tin There melody at 4:55? On xylophone, of all things?

Tin There Hid Grins

khouri 08-31-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champiness (Post 143556)

Holy shit. Well-spotted, man. That is incredible.

holden 08-31-2010 06:47 PM

the present is the key to the past. And everything's been done before.
So it only stands to reason that UW sample themselves!

As a producer of music myself, i generally enjoy what i've created for a few weeks, or maybe a couple months, then get embarrased.
Watching "Everything, Everything" recently, i was struck by how the boys are dancing and bobbing to their own tracks. Yes, they're amazingly good, but what keeps it exciting when you've played NUXX 943 times?

Maybe splashing around a little Freur or bits from the archives helps?

big screen satellite 09-01-2010 12:55 AM

the 80's rocks...

btw - i have a freur live from london VHS for sale of anyone wants one... sealed in original case - never played - its vintage

innerspaceboy 09-21-2010 09:07 PM

Gave that one a listen... not the show I was thinking of but I really appreciate you throwing a guess out there. It may take me a while but as soon as I come across the sound-alike clip I'll post it to lay this mystery to rest.

Thanks all!

innerspaceboy 09-21-2010 09:10 PM

Ya, Satellite I saw your last "For Sale" post and instantly began a Christmas list for myself! I was ready to buy all your Freur 45s and a few other goodies but then I heard the magic news that NYC had been added to the 2010 tour. Got to save every penny for that!

Of course if you were selling off a copy of the Screen Gemz disc it'd be another matter...

big screen satellite 09-22-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerspaceboy (Post 145542)
Ya, Satellite I saw your last "For Sale" post and instantly began a Christmas list for myself! I was ready to buy all your Freur 45s and a few other goodies but then I heard the magic news that NYC had been added to the 2010 tour. Got to save every penny for that!

Of course if you were selling off a copy of the Screen Gemz disc it'd be another matter...

i did have the single...

sold it to Yan i think.... before ripping it for nostalgia :)

innerspaceboy 12-16-2010 10:53 AM

Re: UW sampling Freur in a recent broadcast?

At long last I've found the track I was thinking of. The rhythm of the words are quite similar - it was "Everybody Jack" from the 2007 Central Park show. Mystery solved!