Dirty Forums

Dirty Forums (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/index.php)
-   underworld. (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drop #5 - Dark & Long (Dark Train) Limited Drop (https://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18783)

Goaty 10-28-2021 10:10 AM

Re: Drop #5 - Dark & Long (Dark Train) Limited Drop

Also on streaming platforms https://open.spotify.com/album/3jp2nBhfeHODGumUVPeyHK

Resolute 10-28-2021 11:40 AM

it's interesting they're putting most 'ospitable before dark train on the B side, given they already had those songs mixing into eachother on a cd originally.

TheBang 10-28-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resolute (Post 168939)
it's interesting they're putting most 'ospitable before dark train on the B side, given they already had those songs mixing into eachother on a cd originally.

Ha, that is an excellent point. I guess it's probably because the Dark Train remaster does not contain the bleepy sounds at the very end that segue into Most Ospitable, they way they did on the CD single.

Dirty0900 11-23-2021 01:56 PM

Dispatch email today for the 12”

Billy Goat 11-24-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 168940)
Ha, that is an excellent point. I guess it's probably because the Dark Train remaster does not contain the bleepy sounds at the very end that segue into Most Ospitable, they way they did on the CD single.

On a similar note is there a version of Spoonman without Tongue mixed in or Dirty Epic that doesn't have Cowgirl mixing in but still has the Dirty epic Outro (rather than the quick fade out on the single)?

TheBang 11-24-2021 05:32 PM

Spoonman and Tongue, no, there is no "clean" version of either of those.

For Dirty Epic, there are non-segued versions on the single, EP, and both anthologies. The single and EP versions appear to be just early fade-outs of album segued version. You can barely hear the segue elements at the very end of the tracks as they're fading out. For both anthologies, it appears they went back to the master tape and got a clean version that does not have the Cowgirl segue at the end. It plays out longer, and fades out without any sounds of the segue. The 1992-2012 Anthology has the longest version at 10:01.

Billy Goat 11-24-2021 11:47 PM

Thanks Bang that's what I figured! I did wonder though if Spoonman on either of the VHSs (Footwear repairs or Kiteless) had a clean ending and if so whether anyone has a good quality rip?

undarrenworld 11-25-2021 06:08 AM

Im looking forward to the new Dark Train on vinyl. I forgot about brexit-customs-additional payment, so I was bit surprised this time. Any chance to have separate shop in EU for European customers? What do other fans think? This is getting expensive this way a bit. And you must declare the goods. Bit tricky order this time. But Im not complaining, its idea for further discussion possibly.

DoomofKiss 11-25-2021 10:16 AM

It would have also been great if the track 215 Miles was remastered and released along with this. Love that tune and it's so overlooked. 😁

Resolute 11-26-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Goat (Post 168983)
Thanks Bang that's what I figured! I did wonder though if Spoonman on either of the VHSs (Footwear repairs or Kiteless) had a clean ending and if so whether anyone has a good quality rip?

it's just the album version but it mixes into a different song where it would go to tongue.