PDA

View Full Version : so what unlucky things happend to YOU yesterday?

King of Snake
02-14-2009, 03:46 AM
So it was a classic case of friday the 13th for me yesterday.
Day at work was going pretty well so I thought I might actually make it trough without problems.
It started when I got in the tram back to the station. After a couple of stops I realise I forgot my phone at work. So I had to go back and get it. This meant I was rather late on the train and of course because of that I got stuck in an total gridlock just before Utrecht (where I live). Sat in the train for about 40 minutes waiting for it to be let into the station.
Then when I finally arrived at my front door I realise... I've got no keys with me. And there's no one else home. AAARGH!! This is the first time I forgot my keys in 7 years or so!
Had to spend the night at a friends place and only just got my landlord over here to let me in. Luckily I left the keys inside and hadn't lost them but still, that was one uncanny sequence of bad luck events!

And of course, next month it's gonna be friday the 13th AGAIN! I think i'm just gonna stay at home.

Dirty0900
02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
My friday the 13th came on Wednesday oddly:

- Had some sort of epileptic episode which sucked as my last was only in December.
- Somehow inhured my leg by sleeping and could hardly walk,
- My sister lost her job as she sadly works in the banking world and has been fucked over by the corporate cunts who've done the same for everyone.

ndrwrld
02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Friday 13, june 2003.
was at my friends place that doubled as his office.
4 of us were wondering what to have for lunch, and myself and another guy went for eats around 12:30pm.
we got back with the food around 1pm ( 13:00 ).
apon entering the place, there was this 50 year old guy on a fully extended ladder ( almost 50 feet ) removing duct work from an adjoining laundramat.
i didn't think much of it, other than he wasn't tied off. ( i roofed for 10 years...no biggie ).
we're eating lunch in the office and a huge crash happens outside.
i run out, and there's 50 year old guy face down on the concrete, ladder laying beside him, and duct dangling against the building.
he fell horizontally, and held out his hands to ' break the fall '.
that was not successful.
his face was partially caved in...very bloody.
both his arms and wrists were badly broken.
someone else called 911...i ran next door as there was a fire hall there, screaming for them to come into the back parking lot next door.
i got back to the badly injured man, and wiped the blood from his mouth so he could breathe easier...i kept one hand on his heart and another around one of his hands which he surprisingly was able to squeeze.
lots of blood...fak, where's the fire doods ?!
another minute or so later, they came, and attended to the man, but another minute or so, he stopped breathing.
CPR , while a lifesaver, is a very traumatic thing to see done in a time of crisis, when you're already in shock, and you know the severe injuries that man endured, doing his job.
they removed the body, got a fire truck to clean up the bloody scene, and that was it.
i was due to do some hard partying in Toronto that weekend...i opted to call my parents who live in the country, to escape the chaos i knew i'd put my body and mind through.

i've never really been superstitious...really don't think i am, but i'm damn sure to tone it down a notch on Friday the 13ths.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
02-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I was doing a pre-Valentine's serenade(sp?) and my voice cracked. And upon hitting a high note I passed some gas.

But other than that, everything went fine.

Rog
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
the pub closed at 11.45pm as the landlord went to antigua .......to watch the shortest match in history

bas_I_am
02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Somehow inhured my leg by sleeping and could hardly walk

fucking sleep injuries.

Welcome to middle age.

Dirty0900
02-15-2009, 03:07 PM
fucking sleep injuries.

Welcome to middle age.

That cant be good seeing im 23.

IsiliRunite
02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Do you sleep in a small bed or up against the wall? I'm well over 6 foot tall and I still have to sleep in a twin.

dubman
02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
i used to wake up in the middle of the night with a severely cramped calf leg. all i could do was open my mouth in a scream that never came and stretched it until it went away.
then i'd fall right back asleep and the next day would have to be pretty delicate with it

hasnt happened in a couple of years though

the 13th was actually nice. i was just with my gf anticipating valentines day, which didnt really happen as planned and i was disappointed in myself. she was very sweet about it though.

Dirty0900
02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Do you sleep in a small bed or up against the wall? I'm well over 6 foot tall and I still have to sleep in a twin.

Double bed with the head board against the wall. Maybe im just breaking down slowly

IsiliRunite
02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
i used to wake up in the middle of the night with a severely cramped calf leg. all i could do was open my mouth in a scream that never came and stretched it until it went away.
then i'd fall right back asleep and the next day would have to be pretty delicate with it

hasnt happened in a couple of years though

This is primarily growing pain you can avoid by stretching before bed. Stretching before bed and after you wake up is always a good idea. The only place I get these in-bed cramps anymore is my feet, because they are still growing.