PDA

View Full Version : wow...

Eikman
11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
...this forum really went down the drain in the past 1,5 years, didn't it?

IsiliRunite
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
that's 1.5 around here, kraut.

just kidding :)

Dirty0900
11-11-2008, 03:22 PM
...this forum really went down the drain in the past 1,5 years, didn't it?

it needs some flashing neon lights

BeautifulBurnout
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Everything must change... (http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=nRX6rbHDftw)

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/209289379/EL_Wire_el_cable_el_light_el_flash_product_el_adve rtising_product_el_lighting_wire_el_neon_light_el_ advertisement_product.summ.jpg

Those are pwetty though

Eikman
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
i actually wanted to write that, but i figured most people won't remember me anyway. although i'm still in the top 25 posters. remarkable!

Eikman
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
yeah that name change does indeed suck.

i've heard those 02-02-02 tracks, and my god, were they bad or what? :D

Eikman
11-11-2008, 04:27 PM
nah, i'm keeping away from that. i'm just passing by.....or not....haha ;-)

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Amazing what money can do, no?

matt
11-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Welcome back Eike - and feel free to ignore jOHN. Everyone else does.

Apart from the World Forum (and all the fanboys in the UW forum) this place is a shadow of its former self. Which I guess is an apt metaphor for Underworld themselves.

The Headset forum used to be a great place to discuss & discover new music whereas now it's lucky if it gets one new post a day - and most of those are on the 'Favourite Song of the Day' thread :(

Anyway you got any musical recommendations..?

Professor
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Yo Eik! Nice to see you poking your nose around here once more...

viddy
11-12-2008, 08:13 AM
I too miss the old dirty.:(

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Welcome back Eike - and feel free to ignore jOHN. Everyone else does.

Riiiight.

Hello Eike. Matt's still the bitch he's always been, but that's OK. He's good at it.

BeautifulBurnout
11-12-2008, 09:32 AM
It's odd cos I have been on here nearly 5 years now and for 5 years people have always moaned about "the old days" or "back when it was the Dirty list" or "it's not the same as it used to be". It comes and goes in waves.

Everything changes. People change. They get older, they get married, they have kids, they get jobs, they spend less time messing about on internet forums and more time getting on with their lives (until you get as old as me and Rog and then you suddenly find yourself with more time on your hands again cos you are too old and achey to go out partying every night :p) And newer, younger people come along, with different views, different ideas, different outlooks on life, and so it goes on.

So yeah. Everything changes. All the time. That is one of the certainties of the Universe. It is about the only thing you can be sure of, after death and taxes. Nothing ever stays the same.

Good to see you back again though, Eike, even if it was only a drive-by moaning. I've missed ya! :D

holden
11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
It's odd cos I have been on here nearly 5 years now and for 5 years people have always moaned about "the old days" or "back when it was the Dirty list" or "it's not the same as it used to be". It comes and goes in waves.

Yeah, that's for sure. When i joined in 2002, i felt a bit of an outsider to the folks that had been here before, and it was clearly a tight-knit community, often giving me the sense that i had missed something big with the old boards, dogboyheadset, rtsr, whathaveyou.

I think it has to do with the time and context. A decade or more ago, internet forums were a bit more novel - a little clunky, less cluttered, perhaps less frequented by your average internet surfer. I hear and see this in other fan forums, too - the old days have a certain nostalgia for some people, more like being in a club. Now that the internet is so engrained in peoples' daily activities and you can get pretty much anything you want on it, there's probably more traffic here but less folks sticking around giving it a sense of community (present company excluded! You're all great!)

Also, t he comment above about UW being a shadow of former selves - that's an okay opinion to have, though i disagree wholeheartedly, for the same reasons that Janie mentioned above - everything changes. Hanging onto the nice nostalgia of Dubnobass and STITI is fine, but that's a decade+ ago. UW have in recent years been extremely prolific and varied in output.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that's for sure. When i joined in 2002, i felt a bit of an outsider to the folks that had been here before, and it was clearly a tight-knit community, often giving me the sense that i had missed something big with the old boards, dogboyheadset, rtsr, whathaveyou.

I think it has to do with the time and context. A decade or more ago, internet forums were a bit more novel - a little clunky, less cluttered, perhaps less frequented by your average internet surfer. I hear and see this in other fan forums, too - the old days have a certain nostalgia for some people, more like being in a club. Now that the internet is so engrained in peoples' daily activities and you can get pretty much anything you want on it, there's probably more traffic here but less folks sticking around giving it a sense of community (present company excluded! You're all great!)

Also, t he comment above about UW being a shadow of former selves - that's an okay opinion to have, though i disagree wholeheartedly, for the same reasons that Janie mentioned above - everything changes. Hanging onto the nice nostalgia of Dubnobass and STITI is fine, but that's a decade+ ago. UW have in recent years been extremely prolific and varied in output.

I do have to give kudos to this place. If learned so much about life. PHANXXX!

Yannick
11-12-2008, 12:56 PM
hey biz,

fuck you

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm ready when you are.

Yannick
11-12-2008, 01:16 PM
why didnt you tell me about the issues I would have checked the server and all, there only one who can do that part and me.

the problem was resolved from the old server i'll check the settings

potatobroth
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
wow. now that is ugly.

BeautifulBurnout
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Well I blame Dirty0900 for wanting flashing neons, personally.

I quite like pink and mauve, though, in a girly way.

Just NOT ON DIRTY! :eek:

Yannick
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
blame biz, he hurted my feelings, now I need pink

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Am I missing something?

I have my system set up to show all internet sites in black.

Yannick
11-12-2008, 01:40 PM
ah ok, nevermind then

I did run a check on the server to check and update the db

things could change here, just send in suggestions and try stuff
im open to idea, im not really around to check all the time

doesnt mean I wont listen, just busy with work on my side

matt
11-12-2008, 01:46 PM

Everything changes. People change. They get older, they get married, they have kids, they get jobs, they spend less time messing about on internet forums and more time getting on with their lives (until you get as old as me and Rog and then you suddenly find yourself with more time on your hands again cos you are too old and achey to go out partying every night :p) And newer, younger people come along, with different views, different ideas, different outlooks on life, and so it goes on. I've been here since about 1998/9 and I understand that people move on etc but in it's hey day the dirty forums had lots of people contributing to threads and there were probably 100+ new posts each day. These days there's often less than 10 posts in 24 hours :(

Also, t he comment above about UW being a shadow of former selves - that's an okay opinion to have, though i disagree wholeheartedly, for the same reasons that Janie mentioned above - everything changes. Hanging onto the nice nostalgia of Dubnobass and STITI is fine, but that's a decade+ ago. UW have in recent years been extremely prolific and varied in output.I don't want UW to release a clone of Dubno everytime, I just feel that their last 2 album have seen a huge drop off in quality to the first three. The last one was a marked improvement on AHDO but still not a patch on their earlier form. Just my 2c etc

//\/\/
11-12-2008, 02:11 PM
I've been here since about 1998/9 and I understand that people move on etc but in it's hey day the dirty forums had lots of people contributing to threads and there were probably 100+ new posts each day. These days there's often less than 10 posts in 24 hours :(

I don't want UW to release a clone of Dubno everytime, I just feel that their last 2 album have seen a huge drop off in quality to the first three. The last one was a marked improvement on AHDO but still not a patch on their earlier form. Just my 2c etc

everyfink wot he said there - and i've been here since before here was here, if you get wot i mean...;)

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
everyfink wot he said there - and i've been here since before here was here, if you get wot i mean...;)

KEEP DOING THAT!

it's naugh(sp?) funny.

dubman
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
OWB is a marked improvement over AHDO, but it's the riverrun series where i can still have real hope in them.
UW aint U2. qwith the limited exposure they get, running on 20 years is bound to slow down the activity a bit.

plus, i'm mod now. that's put a damper on everything
ask BLD

holden
11-12-2008, 06:23 PM
OWB is a marked improvement over AHDO, but it's the riverrun series where i can still have real hope in them.
UW aint U2. qwith the limited exposure they get, running on 20 years is bound to slow down the activity a bit.

Agree that AHDO feels a little calculated and artificial compared to the other LPs, whereas OWB exudes warmth and mature confidence.
But "running on 20 years is bound to slow down the activity a bit" ??:confused:

Let's see, firsts since 2005:

RiverRuns LBT, PFE, IABSAIAGAIAPATIMH web releases
Started own label
Epic Cocoon gig with Sven Vath/net broadcasts of gigs in Tokyo and UK
Art Jams in Japan and NYC
Pre_LP and post_LP tours 2005-2008
First "major" soundtrack (yeah, yeah, Screen Gemz way back when) with "Breaking and Entering - also a sonic collaboration with Gabriel Yared
Another soundtrack for "Sunshine"
Countless new things on UWLive - Book of Jam, continued diaries, new shop, new tracks
Quarterly radio shows in addition to the special one-off broadcasts
Recruiting Darren Price to help freshen the live improvs and help engineer..a new set of hands and influence.

If anything, they've been more productive than ever!
This is not to say that the 90's weren't a wonderful period of output in terms of LPs/EPs/remixes and Tomato projects, but i seriously DOUBT they've slowed at all. If anything, they've become freer to experiment in different genres.

dubman
11-12-2008, 06:28 PM
should made it clearer that i meant this forum and not UW themselves.
hard to keep getting new fans when you've been around so long and theres not a name to what you do that everyone knows.

den
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
It's a chicken-or-the-egg thing. If no one posts anything, no one is going to respond. And if no one responds, why bother posting?

So really, we should all post as many threads and responses as possible. Stir the pot. That'll liven things up again.

jOHN, do you agree?

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey, don't look at me. I'm just here for the ride.

//\/\/
11-13-2008, 04:17 AM
plus, i'm mod now. that's put a damper on everything

bloody mods - cluttering up the roads with scooters and parkas and mirros :rolleyes:

sanblaster
11-13-2008, 05:15 AM

+1

I feel absolutely the same. I still remember back in the 2002 World Cup when we arranged that Fantasy Torunament on some tacky website. Now I feel like I'm not useful anymore here. Everyone from the forums I want to keep in touch with I can do it through other means. I even bump into Ian and Eike now and then!

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
It's a chicken-or-the-egg thing. If no one posts anything, no one is going to respond. And if no one responds, why bother posting?

So really, we should all post as many threads and responses as possible. Stir the pot. That'll liven things up again.

jOHN, do you agree?

"Can't make it stop, we stir up the pot"(Skinny Puppy)

Is that what you're trying to get at?

I hate speaking in code. Or no, I like it.

den
11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
"Can't make it stop, we stir up the pot"(Skinny Puppy)

Is that what you're trying to get at?

I hate speaking in code. Or no, I like it.
I have no idea what I was trying to get at.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
11-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I have no idea what I was trying to get at.

Tell me something I don't know.

You're not holding up to your side of the bargin. Earlier in the thread(just in case: post #36, or wait, Post #37?). I've changed the color scheme on my computer thing and cannot make heads or tails of some things.

stimpee
11-14-2008, 01:26 AM
plus, i'm mod now. that's put a damper on everythingtell me about it. i've been a mod here for years. cant do anything right (according to the people round here). but its good to see some new faces taking the heat.

As for Eikman, well if he wasnt so arrogant and published his blog in english then we might not miss him so much. its almost readable if you stick it thru babelfish :) But I havent been active here for sure. Got a job, got a life.
Here's Eike's The Last Beat blog, stuffed thru babelfish http://tinyurl.com/577w7p

Sanblaster: you are always welcome to join the dirty league at the fantasy.premierleague.com! I think we could do with a bit of spanish influence. Besides, its getting boring sitting at the top of the league all season because I'm so good.... Even chuck isnt as good as he used to be ;)

Eikman
11-14-2008, 02:51 AM
i'm glad this thread turned out to be one of the most frequented in the past 5 months or so

@stimpee: you can also catch some of my writing on resident advisor (http://residentadvisor.net) now...in english ;)

stimpee
11-14-2008, 07:43 AM
i'm glad this thread turned out to be one of the most frequented in the past 5 months or so

@stimpee: you can also catch some of my writing on resident advisor (http://residentadvisor.net) now...in english ;)Yes, i see, though i had to use google to find it... http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=976

Meanwhile, plz put a "english" button that auto google/babelfishes your last beat blog at the top :)

Yannick
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
the love is back :) hehe :p

Eikman
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
and all it took was a little bit of the old eikman magic ;)

Rog
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
you must have serious time on yer hands to that post so well........me? i'm wankered........and it's not wrong.... just listening to pearl's girl a few days after jan and me's 30th (PEARL) wedding anniversery:D:D

bring it on!!!!!!

ps i love you all but i love some more than others........ and i think jOHN rod is missuderstood.....pardon the spellingything......heh! 2nd tuffest is the best....or is it dubo or beaucoup or yearoff or oblivion.......or ALL OF THE ABOVE? doncha just luv the guys:D:D

yep....usual fridaynite garbage but i can't help it....i just gravvitate here on a mad friday but sadly there aint so many on-line nowadays .....ahhhh the good old days....rambleramble.....is there anyone out there......

Rog
11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
:D:D:D

Wubwubwubwub
11-15-2008, 12:47 AM
hay iekman do you remembr me i think we used to chat on aim a long time abgo and also we talk nowadays too sometimes i think.

you are the best german person i know.

also i agree with everything you have said.

and brotherlovesdub is a dickhead.

Eikman
11-15-2008, 07:12 AM
lol wtf who's alter ego is that?

Wubwubwubwub
11-15-2008, 02:17 PM
it's Tom.

how many time do i have to say i my name is adam?

Caprice
11-16-2008, 09:21 AM
well shit

sola sistim
11-16-2008, 11:42 PM
posting in reunion thread

BeautifulBurnout
11-17-2008, 07:46 AM

@stimpee: you can also catch some of my writing on resident advisor (http://residentadvisor.net) now...in english ;)

I never knew you could write! :p

And the World Forum is where it's at, baby :D

Eikman
12-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I never knew you could write!

new piece on Koze by yours truly ;)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=993

BeautifulBurnout
12-04-2008, 11:52 AM
new piece on Koze by yours truly ;)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=993

Wow. Nice one!

*tips hat*

:D

stimpee
12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Resident Advisor. nice one. i still think you should make your blog in english courtesy of babelfish at least :) nice of you to drop in though. now that youre a global superstar we are truly blessed! ;)

Eikman
12-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Resident Advisor. nice one. i still think you should make your blog in english courtesy of babelfish at least :) nice of you to drop in though. now that youre a global superstar we are truly blessed! ;)

workin on that ;)