PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh - American jerk-wad

Sean
10-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, Limbaugh is laying it on pretty thick about Powell supposedly only endorsing Obama because he's a fellow black person (http://thepage.time.com/limbaughs-thoughts-on-powell/). Or might this be more accurately described as an example of Powell's point that the Republicans have moved too far to the right for his tastes? Not surprisingly, I tend to side with Powell on this one.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, Limbaugh is laying it on pretty thick about Powell supposedly only endorsing Obama because he's a fellow black person (http://thepage.time.com/limbaughs-thoughts-on-powell/). Or might this be more accurately described as an example of Powell's point that the Republicans have moved too far to the right for his tastes? Not surprisingly, I tend to side with Powell on this one.

Well, at least it's not me anymore. I think.

Powell does rock.

BeautifulBurnout
10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Good god, these people have no sense of irony at all, do they?

Anyone take a look at John McCain's endorsements (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_John_McCain_presidential_campaign_endorsem ents)? Not a black face in there as far as I can tell. So does that mean all those white people are only endorsing him because he's white?

Sheer bloody hypocrisy.... no... wait... it's the Repugs isn't it? I dunno why I am surprised.:rolleyes:

IsiliRunite
10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
That's not irony...

its not irony to say that blacks only support barack obama and therefore none of them support McCain (no blacks = all non-blacks). That's logic!

silly hippies! :p

nosajmunson
10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
I dig Powell. I lost respect for him when he became Bush's mouth piece for going to war with Iraq. I think him endorsing Obama is outstanding. I agree with Sean in that I think that Powell believes the Republicants have shifted too far to the right. I'd like to think that he is trying to make amends for lying about facts that led to the war.

The fact that Rush Limbaugh cups his hands around his mouth and shouts into his mic "IT"S ALL ABOUT RACE" just proves to me how far the Repulicants have shifted. (Or how they haven't, really)

Just because a prominent black man shows support for Obama doesn't mean that he is only showing support because he is Black.
That's the same as saying "You're a Woman and you want to vote for a Woman. So here, vote for this Hockey Mom (AKA Bible Spice) because she's a woman. Never mind the fact she is a bad job fit."

Rush Limbaugh keeps saying Racisim is now dead in this country because a major party has picked a Black man to run for President. And because of this, Rush keeps saying that "all of the Jesse Jacksons & Al Sharptons should now go away" because they have nothing to complain about anymore.

Well, in my opinion, Mr. Limbaugh, you are proof that Racisim is still a factor in everyday American life.
So to you Rush I say this..........

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
10-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Rush Limbaugh keeps saying Racisim is now dead in this country because a major party has picked a Black man to run for President. And because of this, Rush keeps saying that "all of the Jesse Jacksons & Al Sharptons should now go away" because they have nothing to complain about anymore.

Well, in my opinion, Mr. Limbaugh, you are proof that Racisim is still a factor in everyday American life.
So to you Rush I say this..........

SHUT THE FUCK UP![/QUOTE]

NUH-UH, it's just entertainment, ah-ight(sp?)(I used to hate hearing this, but now I get it and it seems different, not that I'm going to start using it, but I finally get it)*.

*if I had used this in a research paper or something, it'd be the star moment that I'd get a smiley face sticker on it, I bet.

nosajmunson
10-20-2008, 11:34 PM
What I hate about Rush Limbaugh is.....everything.

Nuff Said.

Strangelet
10-21-2008, 06:53 AM
The fact that Rush Limbaugh cups his hands around his mouth and shouts into his mic "IT"S ALL ABOUT RACE"

That's the joy of listening to rush limbaugh. He exposes his inner adolescent wet dreams in spite of himself on a daily basis. "ITS ALL ABOUT RACE" indeed for someone clearly uncomfortable with a black man in office.

BeautifulBurnout
10-21-2008, 07:57 AM
That's not irony...

its not irony to say that blacks only support barack obama and therefore none of them support McCain (no blacks = all non-blacks). That's logic!

silly hippies! :p

Damn! You got me there..... ;)