PDA

View Full Version : debate drinking game

Strangelet
09-26-2008, 08:51 AM
so its on tonight. anyone got a good drinking game for it?

gambit
09-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Um, everytime McCain mentions his POW experience or everytime he says "Country first" take a swig of your favorite booze? :D

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
09-26-2008, 08:58 AM
It's ON!!!!

What about bong hits? J/K(sp?)!!!!

Deckard
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
"The American people"

Then again, we'd all be dead of liver saturation by the end of the debate.:D

Now Bush isn't in them, we have no more war on "trrrrr" or "nucular" proliferation. :(

Gonna have to put some more thought into this....

Deckard
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Ok, sod it, it's Friday evening and I can't think for myself, so I'm going to just link here (http://davethenovelist.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/presidential-debate-drinking-game/) and flag up my faves:

TAKE A SHOT:

-When the buzzwords “change” or “maverick” or “hope” are used

-When someone says “I voted for or against” or “He voted for or against”

-When McCain refers to the moderator as “my friend” or the audience as “my friends”

-When Obama makes a smirk, shakes his head, and says, “Now wait just a minute…” or “hold on there…”

and from somewhere else...

If John McCain refers to himself as a “Maverick” viewers must take off their shirts, oil each other up and play beach volleyball while downing Maverick Cocktails (ingredients: 1 1/2 oz. Vodka, 1/2 oz. Amaretto Di Saronno, 1/2 oz. Triple Sec, 2 tsp Galliano, 1 oz. Pineapple Juice) to the tune of Kenny Loggins’ “Playing With The Boys.” :D

dubman
09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
It's ON!!!!

What about bong hits? J/K(sp?)!!!!

oh god half an hour in we'd just be laying on the floor, twitching legs and getting exponentially dehydrated.

ok an hour. but still. crazy idea

as far as drinking goes, i'd say 45 minutes in everyone'll be drunk enough to be throwing their snacks at the TV the whole time, catching every other buzzword and drunkenly going "eeeeeh!" as they pour another one with a mixture of celebration and disgust.

as jerry from strangers with candy would say: good tiiiiimes!

Strangelet
09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
this from a buddy at work

you drink when they say change or bailout i will drink for iraq or terrorist and we both have to take three jaegar bombs if john calls him a spearchucker

Deckard
09-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Everytime you hear the phrase 'Governor Palin', you shout "POOOOOTIN", bear-hug your nearest comrade, and down a shot of 50% vodka.

cured
09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Ok, sod it, it's Friday evening and I can't think for myself, so I'm going to just link here (http://davethenovelist.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/presidential-debate-drinking-game/) and flag up my faves:

TAKE A SHOT:

-When McCain refers to the moderator as “my friend” or the audience as “my friends”

-When Obama makes a smirk, shakes his head, and says, “Now wait just a minute…” or “hold on there…”

I don't think there is any way I could possibly finish the debate if I played with the bolded rule.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/26/navarrette.obama.mccain/index.html

Or made it APPEAR that way. That's nothing new considering how soooo many things APPEARED to be for the past 8 years. And here we are.

"Our denial.....our denial.....our denial" still looping.

nosajmunson
09-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Using Lager/Beer/Stout...And one bottle of your favorite burbon/whiskey (For Me, Jack Daniels).

First 30 minutes:
-Everytime McCain says something about himself being the agent of change= lager

-If Obama drops a hip hop referrence, do a shot.

-If McCain talks about having glass stuffed in his dick during the war, do 2 shots.

Next 30 Minutes:
If McCain says Muslim and Obama in the same sentence = lager

If McCain says Maverick and Obama follows up with "Where's Goose?" = lager

If Obama says "Chill the Fuck out Gramps, I got this shit." = shot

Last 30 minutes:
(Your going to be too toasted to really listen that well, so go for the visual queues).

Everytime McCain does his little jaw twitch in anger = Lager

Everytime Obama gives his million dollar "Damn, you just pissed me off" smile while McCain is talking = Lager

Everytime the mediator has to wake McCain up = Boiler Maker (Drop your shot in the beer and chug)

Everytime Obama has this "Seriously, are you wearing depends gramps?" look = Main-Line some H.

Troy McClure
09-26-2008, 01:35 PM
It might cause alcoholic poisoning but a shot when McCain says 'surge'.

Jason

Sean
09-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Every time McCain says "my friend", and every time Obama says "the notion that..."

cured
09-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I took some liberties from what I have seen so far in this thread and added others...

Whaddya think?

1 shot for the following phrases:

* Surge
* My friends
* Anbar
* Withdraw (or Reduction)
* Shift
* Maverick
* Hope
* Support our troops/men and women in uniform

1 shot for name-dropping a middle eastern leader

1 shot when Obama interjects with a "Now, wait a minute" type of remark

1 shot when McCain breaks monotone

1 shot for each "flip flop" accusation

2 shots anytime Palin is brought up

3 shots if they both agree Pakistan will be the next central battlefield

any others?

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
oh god half an hour in we'd just be laying on the floor, twitching legs and getting exponentially dehydrated.

ok an hour. but still. crazy idea

You obviously don't know me very well.

cacophony
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
good god. if you took a drink every time they compared "wall street" to "main street" you'd never make it to the end.