PDA

View Full Version : things to do- uk/ euro

sola sistim
08-21-2008, 01:47 AM
yeah so, im gonna be travelling uk/ euro land from november 18 to january 5.
list some sweet shit to do/see.
where would be good to go for christmas/nye?

ill be in london from 18th to 22nd, then going on a 3 week tour, then got nothing planned from dec 14? to the 5th jan.

cheersssss

//\/\/
08-21-2008, 01:53 AM
buy a coat, for starters!

IsiliRunite
08-21-2008, 01:53 AM
even I know that you need to be a little bit more specific about what regions and cities you have an interest in already if you want good advice from locals :)

sola sistim
08-21-2008, 01:55 AM
buy a coat, for starters!
yeah no shit. going through winter here now, then im going over there for more winter.
and i hate winter.

sola sistim
08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
even I know that you need to be a little bit more specific about what regions and cities you have an interest in already if you want good advice from locals :)
nah, just recommend shit/places and if im in the area, ill check it out.. hahahahah

yeah, i dont even know hey.

IsiliRunite
08-21-2008, 02:02 AM
If you like business areas and very...precise living, check out Frankfurt. Turin is pretty interesting because it is so high up and quite a large city. If you've been to NYC and liked it you should have fun in London. If you like art, Paris and much of Italy are necessary. If you like history...Rome and certain cites within Greece are musts. There are so many nice cities in Europe that are really quite unique, you're just going to have to weigh out your enjoyment on a time/fun economic basis.

What you should check out is which regions or cities have special events going on during that time... cultural things, you know.

any budget or travelling constraints? what languages are you familiar with? certain places are more english-friendly, keep in mind.

ps I'm not sure how it is with australians, but eastern european and scandanavian women especially like american men moreso than the rest of European women hahah :p

sola sistim
08-21-2008, 02:11 AM
If you like business areas and very...precise living, check out Frankfurt. Turin is pretty interesting because it is so high up and quite a large city. If you've been to NYC and liked it you should have fun in London. If you like art, Paris and much of Italy are necessary. If you like history...Rome and certain cites within Greece are musts. There are so many nice cities in Europe that are really quite unique, you're just going to have to weigh out your enjoyment on a time/fun economic basis.

What you should check out is which regions or cities have special events going on during that time... cultural things, you know.

any budget or travelling constraints?

ps I'm not sure how it is with australians, but eastern european and scandanavian women like american men moreso than the rest of Europe hahah :p

cool.
im going on a 3 week contiki tour, figured that was the best/ cheapest way to see shit loads, then after that, can go back to places that i liked.
money should be too much of a problem, but still wanna keep it cheap.

i like art/history, pretty open minded, but im travelling with a mate, and im not too sure if he has any in mind.

//\/\/
08-21-2008, 04:19 AM
i'd certainly say go to paris as it's dead easy from london, even if you want to try a day-trip.

and newcastle, of course - just ask chuck :)

sanblaster
08-21-2008, 04:51 AM
Don't go to Spain. Full of racists.

Dirty0900
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Ride the London Underground for a day and see how many people will talk to you. Usually they will ignore you, but someone from a foriegn land will be an utter panic moment for them.

BrotherLovesDub
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
go to Carnaby Street and stand there in the middle saying "it wasn't like this in the 70s"

sola sistim
08-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Don't go to Spain. Full of racists.

i wish i knew if you were serious or not.. haha

Ride the London Underground for a day and see how many people will talk to you. Usually they will ignore you, but someone from a foriegn land will be an utter panic moment for them.
this sounds fun. hahah