PDA

View Full Version : home grown!

Rog
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
.........vegetables taste f**kin awesome:D

over the last few weeks my efforts down my allotment have given us loads....and my spuds are the real deal;)

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
oooh, I got a recipe for you!

Per Large Sized Potato:

2 Table Spoon Oil (you can cut back on this, but not as good)
1 Tsp. Basalmic Vinegar (I use a little more than this)
¼ Onion
½ tsp. garlic crushed. I said powered garlic at first, but forget that. http://www.mccormick.com/productdetail.cfm?id=6322 / this stuff is best, but not my favorite brand.

I like using the microwave for my vegatables, especially potatoes.

Bake potatoes a head of time. Cut into roughly half inch sections vertically, then horizontally. My dad like these in larger squares. ???

Pre-heat oil in saucepan or frying pan over medium to medium-high heat for about 5 min.
Add vinegar, onion and garlic and let heat for another 1-2 min.
Add potatoes and heat for 15-20 min. turning occasionally.
Add black pepper to taste. I like loads of pepper.
And salt, I guess if you want.

Goes great with whiskey.

IsiliRunite
07-21-2008, 04:44 PM
I was looking for a different kind of greenery...

does anyone home-grow maze in europe? my whole backyard has turned into a fucking pumpkin patch.

Rog
07-23-2008, 03:50 AM
do you mean maize?.......in which case yes, i do!

BeautifulBurnout
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I've got a reasonable patch of ground at the back here which is just lawn and pond and trees and a bit of a mess most of the time, although we do get apples, pears and raspberries.

I would love to have a bit of it just to grow veggies, but so far my nagging has fallen on deaf ears - aside from a few little onions that 'Im Indoors planted in the flowerbed at the front, among the sweet peas and the pansies! The onions were lovely though, even if there were only half a dozen of them. :D