PDA

View Full Version : $$$ / energy saving tips?

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Do share the little things you do.

One Example: I found you can redo 2 used dryers sheets for new loads. I have begun line drying jeans and other heavy clothes again, but I like me breifs to be nice, snuggly and fresh smelling. I currently live in a dry heat area(SW area) of the states. When I remove clothes from the washer, I have found straightening/flip shaking them and then placing them flat in the clothes basket to sit for about an hour before cuts machine drying by about 1/2 the time.

BeautifulBurnout
06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Boring I know, but I have started driving a good 5-10mph slower than I normally do on motorways. It has made a hell of a difference to my fuel consumption, and at £1.29 a litre for diesel where I am, I need to take out a second mortgage to fill the car - which I can't because none of the banks are lending anyone any money anyway :p :D

cacophony
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
get knocked up, and then have your doctor recommend that you telecommute to reduce your physical strain. :D

Sarcasmo
06-18-2008, 03:55 AM
get knocked up, and then have your doctor recommend that you telecommute to reduce your physical strain. :D

I'm SO doing this!!

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
ALL RIGHT, no btchg when this s gets worse. (put a winky here) and don't be a perv about it.

oops, the irony: http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/18/news/economy/duke_cfo/index.htm?cnn=yes