PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

den
03-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Whose bracket is busted?

I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to the tournament, and I half-assed filled out a bracket.

I have Kansas winning it all, filled out with several other top seeds, entirely based on pointless intuition and not on any serious analysis of skill or talent. I still have no idea what happened with Duke and Belmont in the first round. But considering that Belmont has been like a 15 seed for the past 3 years and has always had to face teams like Georgetown or UConn, good for them for giving Duke a run for their money.

My current theory, is whatever pool you're in, you should always pick against the local conference (in my case the Big10, which has only worked half as well). Everyone will favor those teams, and if you pick them as well, you'll be tied with everyone else, but if your pick against them, you might look like a genius. Or a fool.

stimpee
03-24-2008, 06:07 AM
http://www.joost.com/featured/marchmadness/
http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/21/joost_debuts_just_in_time_for_march_madness/

holden
03-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Whose bracket is busted?

I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to the tournament, and I half-assed filled out a bracket.

I have Kansas winning it all, filled out with several other top seeds, entirely based on pointless intuition and not on any serious analysis of skill or talent. I still have no idea what happened with Duke and Belmont in the first round. But considering that Belmont has been like a 15 seed for the past 3 years and has always had to face teams like Georgetown or UConn, good for them for giving Duke a run for their money.

I'm in your boat. 2 of my final four are already out. Still hoping UNC can pull it all out, but whatever, my pool is just for kicks and as long as i'm not last, it's fine by me. i can't get too excited in College sports from afar, unless it's my alma maters Pitt (who as usual dropped out early, this time second round) or Cornell (amazingly got into the bracket by winning the Ivy league. They're a hockey school, though, so i don't think anyone was tooo surprised to see them lose to Stanford!).

den
04-08-2008, 07:16 PM
That was a fantastic game last night. I don't understand how a whole team could be that bad at a fundamental skill like free throws. Can't they just practice? Tough loss.

Also fantastic is that I picked three of the Final Four, and had Kansas over Memphis, and by the score of 76-69 (vs. 75-68). Less fantastic is that the pool I won was for zero money.

IsiliRunite
04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I usually am disappointed by the three Final Four games but that was easily the best I have ever seen.

Fundamentals win!